Dr. Eric H. Espensen

Grad. Year: 2000

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Eric H. Espensen has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Does he treat Achilles Tendon injuries?    Email me    Answer it    See answers

Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5489135
21/05/14 5 5 5 5 Great doctor. Kind, caring, took time to explain every step of the way. Was referred by the ER. Surgery went very well, staff was top notch. Debbie made sure I made my appointments and Javier took care of the insurance and authorizations. Dr. E took my X-rays personally, showed and explained everything. It took a few months but I'm as good as new. Just completed my first 5k since the surgery! Thank you for everything. Highly recommend.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

18/05/14 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 5477562

14/05/14 5 5 1 1 Botched bunionectomy. After completing necessary physical therapy, still no mobility in toe/2nd opinion revealed joint was above the toe (which was why the it felt that my toe was "hitting a wall" - it was literally bumping up against the joint). A simple post surgical x-ray would have revealed this. Now I need a cheliectomy from another surgeon to correct this secondary issue instead of repairing my other bunion.
RID: 5316643

29/03/14 3 3 1 3   Respond

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.8

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Eric" to "Eric H."

25/03/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1725706
29/02/12 5 5 5 4 Very nice doctor but hammertoe surgery was not successful. I will need a second surgery and a getting second opinions at this time.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1696159
25/01/12 5 5 5 5 Very pleasant, great staff. Immediately diagnosed my problem, fixed me right up and I was pain free in just a few days. He took extra time to answer questions and explain things in simple terms. I no dummy, but I'n not a doctor and I appreciate that he treated me like a person, not just a patient! Strongly recommend!
RID: 1533735
09/09/11 5 5 5 5 My favorite doctor of all time. Not only personable and very witty (which almost makes you forget the pain you may be in), but he inspires a huge amount of trust. I never doubted for a second that he wouldn’t be able to fix the problem with my foot. I opted for surgery instead of only shoe inserts and am so glad I did. Dr. Espensen and his staff are courteous, knowledgeable and highly professional. Look no further!!
RID: 1463127
13/06/11 5 5 5 5 Awesome doctor! Kind, compassionate, caring and beyond capable, he's a true "specialist" with areas of expertise not common to the typical podiatrist. Dr. Espensen's pleasant demeanor and remarkably considerate and respectful staff made my pre- and post-operative experience a positive one indeed. My surgery was a huge success and eliminated foot pain I had been suffering with for several years. Another highly regarded doctor in the area, who trusts and respects Dr. Espensen implicitly, referred him to me.
RID: 1377930
03/03/11 5 5 5 5 He is top notch. If you know something is wrong and you went to someone who didn't take you seriously and order proper tests-- go to him. He took me seriously and ordered an MRI. He diagnosed me with a very rare congenital birth defect. It took me 3 doctors before I found one that didn't just tell me I would be fine and further tests were a waste of time. I know I'm in good hands now. If only I had seen him from the start...
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1252290
16/09/10 5 5 5 5 I found Dr. Espensen on my own through a Google search! Three very positive reviews made me decide to give him a try and I am very happy that I did. He is very personable, most knowledgeable and someone in whom I immediately felt I could place my trust. Although his diagnosis was that I probably would not need to come back and that the condition would clear up by itself in a few weeks, I would have no hesitation in returning if necessary. Otherwise - a nice office, friendly staff, a wait time of less than 15 minutes before seeing him in a patient room. If you need a good podiatrist and Burbank/Glendale/Toluca Lake is convenient, he is your man!!
RID: 1244780
06/09/10 4 5 5 5 Excellent. Prompt, treated me and cured my condition. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Highly recommend!!!
RID: 1216786

27/07/10 3 3 2 2 Probably good for simple stuff only - failed to diagnose my problem. May be not the best, but he is nice.  See Responses
RID: 1122400
07/03/10 5 5 5 5 A cut above all other podiatrists in Los Angeles. He is a gem of a doctor and helped me to get out of severe foot pain. He is so very nice - without the usual "doctor ego". A good, solid doctor.
RID: 994691
24/09/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Espensen was very highly recommended and took wonderful care of me. He performed surgery on me and it was a complete success. He is also the Chief of his department and took time for my questions and even called me at home the day after the surgery. Highly Recommend!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 935499
13/07/09 4 5 5 5 Very nice and kind. Very prompt, nice office. Listened to me, carefully explained what was wrong and took good care of me. Highly recommend!!!
Paid (or co-pay): $20