Dr. Alexandra Perks

Rate Dr. Alexandra Perks

Dr. Alexandra Perks's Ratings

Dr. Perks is comforting to speak with. She provides relevant information and procedure details. Her staff and her are very good at what they do, and I would recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2589616].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Can't say enough... Very helpful and takes the time to explain things and listen to you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2582991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

Great dr she saved my sanity as I was sick for over a year and not diagnosed until I got to see her very easy to talk to

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][435360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

I was very impressed how I was looked after and treated. Dr. Perks is very professional and takes the time to listen to you. Thanks a million.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][435359].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2013

Dr. Perks is one of the best, nicest doctors--especially specialists--that I have ever come across, and I have seen many specialists for one reason or another. Certainly she is the most dedicated. We had an appointment with her less than a week after my partner's kidneys failed due to two kidney stones that were blocking the ureter tubes on each side, and he had surgery to drain his kidneys and put in stents. He was referred by the 1st surgeon to Dr. Perks, because he could not get the kidney stones, and he said she specialized in removing difficult to retrieve kidney stones. We saw Dr. Perks @ 9:50 am, who was about to leave for a 2 week holiday. She said she had to go home and deal with her children, but she could do the surgery between 8-9 PM that night. She booked an emergency surgery, and she was there at 7 PM. She was there before the surgery to talk to us, and introduce us to the OR team, and talked to me after the surgery. Both stones were removed from his kidneys. A+

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][435358].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2012

Dr. Stogryn was my surgeon for a long while, when my disease leveled out * recessive chronic stone disorder with almost indestructable stones* he told me he was going to pass my case to one of the only surgeons he would trust. Dr. Alexandra perks. The first thing she did for me was a perc. She has been consistanly saving my life, discussing options, tests, future prospects. I have been dealing with my disease for 31 years. She is only 10 years older than me and said right off that I know this disease better than she ever will since I have a lifetime of experience with it. Her partner Dr. Cripps removed a kidney for me 6 years ago. I find both these ladies to be compassionate, understanding, and willing to listen. Dr. Perks is often running late, I am one of those reasons. One procedure should have taken one hour....it took 4! The stone was bigger than we thought. Alexandra perks is my own little life saver!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][435357].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about my experience. Dr. Perks is awesome. Her staff -- especially Yolanda (not sure of spelling) who went way beyond the call of duty in helping me get a special drug from the US approved by Health Canada for my kidney stones which are rare enough that the drug company does not sell it here. We jumped through many hoops together to get it done. Dr. Perks is kind, sensitive and very knowledgeable. Although my surgery was very difficult - especially recovery this time around, it was successful. I must temper the "4" rating on punctuality with the thought that Dr. Perks is an attentive listener and does not try to rush patients out of her office, which probably accounts for the wait time. I pray that she will stay here in BC so that if I need medical treatment again she will be here for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][435356].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

I recently had operations on both of my kidneys to remove stones. Dr. Perks was most helpful in providing me information on the procedure. She is an extremely positive person and dedicated to her patients. She makes herself available to her patients, and is there for you post-op and upon discharge. Follow-up in office is always thorough and all aspects of the operation are discussed. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone. Thank you Dr. Perks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][435355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2012

Office hours not suitable to working Women. 2 0"clock is too early to try and even get off work an hour or two early.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][435354].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2012

Some people are hard to please, some spend more time and money on their pet well being than on their own children... Dr. Perks was the kindest person i ever met in my life (she made me live much longer than i expected), and makes me feel sad seing these rude coments. She was two times late for appointment, and i didn't like it untill i saw her covered in blood after saving my nephews life. She deserves only respect & I wish her long life, to her and her familly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][435353].votes_count ]]