Rate Dr. Bernard M. Gburek

Dr. Bernard M. Gburek's Ratings

Dr. Gburek is a very knowledgeable and caring doctor. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a urologist. He performed a major surgery on me and came into my hospital room every morning to check on me. Always in a good mood and very easy to talk to. Just an awesome doctor!!!

Submitted Aug. 1, 2014 | flag

I love Dr Gburek. He is a great communicator, extremely knowledgeable, and a great listener. I see many doctors for my multitude of medical problems and Dr. Gburek is my favorite!!

Submitted Jan. 1, 2012 | flag

While Dr. Gburek was a fine communicator pre surgery I was seen by him and given the bums rush with my initial post surgery visit. Getting info on the details of my outcome including the very important pathology report were a challenge. I called the office 4 times before someone returned my call most recently. You will also pay extra as the anesthesia Dr. he works with exclusively is a cash only Dr to the tune of 2K out of pocket. This was not communicated pre surgery. A nice man and decent surgeon, get ALL info up front pre surgery because you will get little communication post surgery.

Submitted June 2, 2011 | flag

I went to him because of a referral. I'm sure he is a good surgeon, but is a poor communicator. He gave me a prostrate biopsy without any pain killer! Ouch!!!!! I almost turned around & decked him as a pain impulse! And I've never decked anybody in my life! Neither he nor his staff mentioned the INTENSE pain involved. They did not offer any pain killer during the workup or previous visit. Just lay down, pull your knees up & wham! In talking with other guys that have had the procedure and other doctors that do the procedure, I found that this was uncalled for. Procedure calls for pain meds to be given if not done while knocked out. If you are getting a procedure done find out about pain management beforehand, don't assume as I did.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2009 | flag

Dr. Gburek may be the best doctor I have ever had. Not only is he brilliant, but he is caring, friendly, and he listens to every concern. He takes his time with me, which I can't say about most other doctors. He is such a lovely human being--I wish that all of my doctors could be like him. I simply cannot say enough good things about him.

Submitted July 7, 2009 | flag