Rate Dr. Bernard M. Gburek

Dr. Bernard M. Gburek's Ratings

If you want just a physicians assistant go to Dr Gburek. If you want a doctor go elsewhere. This Dr will not communicate with the patient even after specific requests to speak with him vs. the PA to discuss actual surgery. I never, in my 3 weeks of dealing with this group, got to see/talk/discuss/communicate with the Dr. When I called and requested for him to contact me he had the office assistant call me instead, and never followed up from that call. Never, under any circumstances, leave a voice mail for the PA and expect a return call. And when you do finally get in touch with her by YOU making another call, be prepared to be treated as a malcontent that is taking up her precious time, and you really don't need to know the type of surgery you are about to receive. My first ever rating of a doctor, but after my experience there it is imprtant for others to have information and make an informed decision. My recommendation is skip them and head to a real doctors office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2626958].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

Dr. Gburek is a very knowledgeable and caring doctor. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a urologist. He performed a major surgery on me and came into my hospital room every morning to check on me. Always in a good mood and very easy to talk to. Just an awesome doctor!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2478359].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2014

I love Dr Gburek. He is a great communicator, extremely knowledgeable, and a great listener. I see many doctors for my multitude of medical problems and Dr. Gburek is my favorite!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][435845].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2012

While Dr. Gburek was a fine communicator pre surgery I was seen by him and given the bums rush with my initial post surgery visit. Getting info on the details of my outcome including the very important pathology report were a challenge. I called the office 4 times before someone returned my call most recently. You will also pay extra as the anesthesia Dr. he works with exclusively is a cash only Dr to the tune of 2K out of pocket. This was not communicated pre surgery. A nice man and decent surgeon, get ALL info up front pre surgery because you will get little communication post surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][435844].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

I went to him because of a referral. I'm sure he is a good surgeon, but is a poor communicator. He gave me a prostrate biopsy without any pain killer! Ouch!!!!! I almost turned around & decked him as a pain impulse! And I've never decked anybody in my life! Neither he nor his staff mentioned the INTENSE pain involved. They did not offer any pain killer during the workup or previous visit. Just lay down, pull your knees up & wham! In talking with other guys that have had the procedure and other doctors that do the procedure, I found that this was uncalled for. Procedure calls for pain meds to be given if not done while knocked out. If you are getting a procedure done find out about pain management beforehand, don't assume as I did.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][435843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2009

Dr. Gburek may be the best doctor I have ever had. Not only is he brilliant, but he is caring, friendly, and he listens to every concern. He takes his time with me, which I can't say about most other doctors. He is such a lovely human being--I wish that all of my doctors could be like him. I simply cannot say enough good things about him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][435842].votes_count ]]