You may also like

Rate Dr. Wesley Fairfield

Dr. Wesley Fairfield's Ratings

Terrible doctor! Under his care I became more and more ill, when I asked to try armour thyroid instead of synthroid (after two years of steadily failing health) he refused to prescribe it. When I explained my symptoms he told me nothing was wrong with me according to my bloodwork yet he wouldn't order complete bloodwork even at my request. When I suggested a specific problem that I thought I had he told me that diagnosis was impossible and to stop googling. (I was later diagnosed with it by another doctor) when I asked why I still felt so bad he told me I needed a therapist because I clearly had depression. I never went back to him.
I found a new doctor who listened, prescribed new meds, and had me feeling like a new person in six months.
For a doctor to tell a person with no thyroid who is suffering obvious thyroid and adrenal symptoms that they are physically fine but need to see a psychiatrist is absolutely insulting.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2666295].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2014

Dr. Wesley Fairfield saw me for hypothyroidism. He was crisp and concise and a fast talker. However he flat out refused to advise nor even discuss natural therapies or treatment, such as the use of selenium, prolamine iodine or natural dessicated thyroid hormone. He repeatedly said "That is controversial" instead of giving an opinion or pointing me to studies that have been done on these subjects. I left his office with more questions than I had coming in. I think he prefers his patients to be uneducated and blindly compliant. He is an endocrinologist who is solidly on the Synthroid-only bandwagon.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2478367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

Dr. Fairfield is incredibly knowledgeable. He explained my diagnostic perfectly clear for that I could fully understand. He was respectful, surprising thoughtful and generous of his time. I will not go to another doctor. I trust him completely.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][436958].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

Dr. Fairfield has a a very poor bedside manner. He gete irritated at questions that you might have. He does not like informed patients. He is also arrogant about the way he answers questions -- basically he shuts you up by barking down your throte.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][436957].votes_count ]]