Dr. Adam R. Nortick

Grad. Year: 1981

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Adam R. Nortick has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: do u have to have insurance to see dr. adam nortick?    Email me    Answer it

Emergency / Critical-related: car accidents, broken bones, unexpected injury, sudden illness, life support, end of life, critical illness
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Adam" to "Adam R."
RID: 2661509

24/05/13 3 3 1 1
Paid (or co-pay): $150
Respond

11/02/13 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab" to "Emergency / Critical"
RID: 2555813
10/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Nortick is without a doubt the best pain dr I have seen in 13 years. He takes time to care about his patients as a whole person. He has literally given me back my life.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 2387951
29/07/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Nortick is hands down the BEST pain management physician that I have ever had the pleasure of receiving treatment from. I see him bi-monthly and it is very convenient with my being in nursing school and having a hectic schedule. I have been in pain management for 13 years and have been treated by approx. 6 doctors and Dr. Nortick is the very best all around. He listens to you and does not judge you if you are under 50 years old and have constant pain like I do. I appreciate him doing a thorough check up on me and allowing me to describe my pain. I have obviously tried several types of pain meds and have only found one that actually allows me to be productive. It is a very controlled medication and most dr's laugh at you when you ask for it. Dr. Nortick did not hesitate to write my medication. As long as you cooperate with a pain mgmt clinics rules, you will be ok. You can't judge a dr because you failed a drug test. I will continue to see Dr. Nortick as long as he is in Alabama.
Paid (or co-pay): $150
RID: 1566572
20/10/11 5 3 5 5 I am shocked at the other comments on this page. I was a pt of Dr. Nortick at the Doleys Clinic and still see him. I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Doleys. I will say that I do disagree with the 200mg Morphine equivalent dosage limitation that was imposed after Dr. Nortick left. I understand why this was done though. So many patients who were getting large doses of opiates were either a)not really improving b)not increasing their activity even if they did improve. I was very lucky. I am on a large dose and it has turned my life around and there is SO much more that I CAN do now. I have never met a rude staff member at the Dolelys Clinic. Rita, Lynn, Amber, Janetta and Sharon, to name a few, are all angels IMHO. I was never treated with anything but respect in this practice. Yes, there was sometimes a wait to see Dr. Nortick, but it was WELL WORTH IT.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
See Responses
RID: 1418055
16/04/11 1 1 5 5 Dr. Nortick is no longer at the Clinic. He was a great Doctor, caring and supportive. The problem with the Clinic as stated in some of the other comments is the Staff and Mr. Doley. The Staff treat the patients as the "enemy", they are hateful and judgemental. Mr. Doley has a real bad God Complex, he is also hateful and vindictive. He has a long list of Rules and Regulations and if you do not comply with each one you are out. I didnt realize it at the time but Dr Nortick protected me from Doley for 3 years. It was only a few months after Dr Nortick left that Mr. Doley(I refuse to call him a Doctor)expelled me from the clinic. He is an arogent ass. Unless you want to cater to this man, do not seek help at this clinic.  Respond
RID: 1406746
04/04/11 1 1 4 5 Dr. Nortick is a fantastic doctor. The clinic is run by a PhD from Miami in Philosophy and has as much business prescribing meds as the common man. He constantly buts in when he is not needed and he runs the clinic like Adolph Hitler with an iron fist. The PhD.'s name is Dr. Dooleys. He does not have the patients best interest in mind, he believes in a one plan suits all approach. Due to Dr. Dooleys, I almost commited suicide due to his manipulation and micromanagement and lack of help to my pain.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 923403
26/06/09 1 1 1 1 Staff is rude & hostile. Four hour wait, then constant interruptions when with doctor; phone calls & staff coming in & out. Attention not focused on pt. Treatment not changed even if pt explains it isn't helping.
Paid (or co-pay): $300