Dr. L. Sinnaeve

Rate Dr. L. Sinnaeve

Dr. L. Sinnaeve's Ratings

Submitted June 26, 2014 | flag

Dr Sinnave definitely knows her stuff but it can come out in a negative way. I find I am only get negative feedback and feel defeated leaving her office. She can improve on her people skills and should try to focus more on positive then the negative. As long as your not late or don't forget anything you will be fine, but tardiness and missed lab results are not very tolerated

Submitted March 14, 2014 | flag

Very rude and unprofessional! Truly shocked that a dr would behave in this manner, completely uncalled for!

Submitted Feb. 25, 2014 | flag

Excellent doctor.Treated for gestational diabetes.Would visit again.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2014 | flag

Second worst Doctor that I have seen. I was five minutes late after calling to see if I should reschedule, but assured I would be fine, she treated me like a piece of dirt. Talking down to me, addressing my tardiness, which she had previouslu told me was fine, rather than my medical issues. After a ton of effort to lower my a1c and huge success she shows no sign of pleasure, but rather states "it should be better." Osap provides funding for students with diabetes under their section for disabilities and because she feels diabetes is not a disability she would not sign a sheet to confirm I have the disease. If it werent for my family doctor I would have $2000 less in financial support for school. Her secretary is an angel, nicest lady, so much help! Not going back to see her. A friend had a similar experience. Also how dare you tell my my disease is not a disabilty, you have no idea what it is. People like her give a terrible name to all professionals in her field.

Submitted Nov. 27, 2013 | flag

Don't feel she tells you everything you need to know. Only what she thinks you should know. Saw her for my Grave's and will not go back to her if I need to see an endo again.

Submitted July 10, 2013 | flag

I feel very fortunate to have Dr Sinnaeve taking care of my Diavetis.My "NEW" age family Dr. never asks about my diabetes at all. Dr sinnaeve is knowageable,willing to work with you and moxt of all I respect her candor. She shoots from the hip and does not sugar coat it. Her office manager...Kelly is a joy to deak with. I thank God everyday fpr Dr Sinnaeve.

Submitted March 26, 2013 | flag

Dr. Sinnaeve has no people skills. She will not help anyone who is on Natural Dessicated Thyroid hormone for Hypothyroidism as she only believes in synthetic brands. She does not see herself as a partner in your health - she is the boss - you are to do as she says or she won't treat you. She has told me lies twice to try to get me back on Eltroxin which I told her did not help me at all. One was that Natural Dessicated Thyroid hormone is not available in Canada. It is and is sold as "Thyroid" by Erfa. The second lie was that the College of Physicians will not allow her to prescribe dessicated thyroid. I contacted them and found out that this is also a lie. Doctors are allowed to prescribe whatever they believe will help your condition. She doctors by intimidation.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2011 | flag

Her personality seems to be slowly improving.I don't like the added "extortion insurance" costs patients are forced to pay. She makes enough money as a specialist, she doesn't need to charge extreme amounts for everything OHIP doesn't cover.The majority of people who see her cannot afford these ridiculously high incidental charges, much less the $90.00 and up a year "extortion insurance" costs.And don't dare be late, cancel or miss an appointment or it will cost you dearly. I can see if you are chronically late then yes you should pay a fee.But unforeseen and unexpected things happen...they even happen to Dr.Sinnaeve occasionally. Staff is the best. Non-judgmental,kind,helpful,understanding. Top Marks for staff. Dr.Sinnaeve has a "certain reputation" in Chatham with both patients and doctors. People either put up with her because they have to, or they cannot stand her and refuse to be a patient. She does know her stuff, just needs to be more of a human being and less of a Demigod.

Submitted Feb. 1, 2011 | flag

I didn't appreciate having an appointment. Driving to her office to tell me that she would not longer see me. I owes me for the trip.

Submitted Jan. 20, 2011 | flag