Rate Dr. William R. Page

Dr. William R. Page's Ratings

Very impressed with my experience, the doctor and staff were helpful, polite and professional.

Submitted July 23, 2014 | flag

I went to the Eisenhower Medical Center in Palm Desert for a priapism (an erection that lasts more than 4 hours). The ER doctor looked at me for literally 15 seconds before saying that the on-call urologist had 'reviewed my chart' (but had not actually looked me or my penis) and 'decided to handle this in the OR' and that I would be admitted to the hospital for 'observation'. After all was said and done they charged my insurance $24,891!!! Just prior to the procedure he actually said to me "Do you want to feel it 1 last time? It's probably the last erection you'll ever have." Needless to say I refused to all the arrogant, condescending, rude and judgmental Dr. Page near me again. My new urologist, Dr. Faulkner, is incredible! I suffered the same situation again 2 weeks later and Dr. Faulkner took care of it in his office, 1 nurse, 30 minutes, and billed my insurance $167. I plan to file a fraud claim against Dr. Page for being a greedy ass who thought only of his billable hours.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2013 | flag

I am age 88. I had several urologists at UCLA Medical until Dr. Page was recommended to me by a doctor here in the valley. He was able to do a laser procedure on my very large prostate. I can only say he probably saved my life and today I have no problems as I was having for many years. He took the time to explain what was going to take place, and he was there for me after the operation.

Submitted April 6, 2013 | flag

We've had ups and downs with Dr. Page, these last 6 years. Generally, he is a good doctor, and he has been helpful. My husband likes himand his nurse, who has NEVER been rude and surly. Office does not return phone calls in a timely manner, for the most part.

Submitted March 12, 2012 | flag

Prior to my appointment,and after sending in reams of data and another doctor's faxed referral, Page had not read anything and was busy scanning these documents while I spoke and did not look up at me. What's the point of all the documentation if you don't read it?. Nonetheless, we decided to schedule an in-office procedure to check for interstitial cystitis. The nurse was rude and had an attitude. She handed me a prescription. I told her that the doctor had not discussed it. She stated that the two Celebrex were for inflammation and taken prior to the procedure. When I had the prescription filled, I noted that the two pills were to be taken exactly 14 hours prior. A late afternoon procedure meant I wake up in the middle of the night, and I might not fall back to sleep. Since the pharmacist couldn't answer the question why precisely 14 hours prior, I called the office. The nurse stated, "That's the way the doctor does it." That is not a an answer. I canceled any further contact.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2009 | flag