You may also like

Rate Dr. Darius Viskontas

Dr. Darius Viskontas's Ratings

In 2010 I shattered my knee - I waited in the hallway in the hospital for almost five days waiting to be put back together again. Dr.Viskontas found out and took me in on the fifth day as his last and fairly late surgery for that day. He checked in daily after surgery, and was realistic about what happened, informative and encouraging. Post-hospital visits were always a wait, but that's how I've found it with any specialist. I had a second surgery (that I knew would be coming) and it went just as if not even more smooth than the first. I felt supported every step of the way. I can walk because of Dr.Viskontas, and he was able to reconstruct my knee with the pieces of my bones rather than do a replacement, which my age (25 when it happened) I was very greatful for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2713810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2015

Had a TKR Dec 17 2014. 6 weeks later and I'm up and walking unassisted. He is a superb surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2702779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

I've been working with Dr Viskontas for almost 5 years now, well... he's been working on me, and he's been fabulous! His staff has been very friendly and helpful and I have not one bad thing to say about Dr V or his practice. I'm very happy and lucky he was assigned to me and recommend him to everyone. Thanks Dr V and staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2532166].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

the staff seems nice. I had to wait 3 hours my first appointment, left feeling i had some information regarding my injury. Can't speak to his level of knowledge. My second appointment I only waited an hour. Dr. Viskontas was rude, abrupt, and unhelpful to the point of intentionally aggravating my injury. I will be seeking out a new orthopedic surgeon, and I will do my best to make sure nobody I know goes to see him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][438348].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

Dr. performed TKR last July. Very pleased with results of this skilled and knowledgeable surgeon. Personable and informative. Found him to be most caring and was pleasantly surprised to hear he phoned my husband to report results right after surgery. Ready and willing to answer my questions in office visits. Highly recommend him to anyone having complicated ortho surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][438347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2012

Dr. Darius Viskontas has to be one of the best Doctors that I have seen in a long time... I just only wish he practiced family medicine as I would so switch to him in a heart beat!!! I Fell down a flight of stairs and broke my hip, was in his care 2 days later, and it was 3 months later, I have been walking with no problem what so ever! Thanks Again Dr Viskontas!! I appricate all the work you did on my hip! :)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][438346].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2012

Had major knee and leg reconstruction August 2011, and my leg feels like i can do normal things again, He is an aamzing surgeon! on a side not very good looking lol

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][438345].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2012

Excellent doctor provided excellent care. Very caring and compassionate and a good surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][438344].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

bah when i broke my shoulder and was in hosp...HE didn't even see me. one of the hospital doctors did even though HIS namme was on order and HE takes credit. the second visit HE only saw me for less than a minute and then left me again with hospital staff..yet HE again gets credit. so the province pays HIM twice now. for apoximately two minutes work??? Wonder how many he has on his list.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][438343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

Dr. Viskontas went out of his way to do emergency surgery on me as a visiting American who fell off a ladder and broke my ankle and seriously dislocated it as well. The assessment of his work when I returned to LA was rated first class by his American peers. On a related surgery later he confirmed the American diagnosis was correct and offered to do it himself and wanted to ensure he had the full op reports etc. This Doctor is a true professional who cares about his patients, who are very fortunate to have him do their surgery. Dave Reed P.Eng

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][438342].votes_count ]]