Dr. Steve R. Lobacz

Rate Dr. Steve R. Lobacz

Dr. Steve R. Lobacz's Ratings

I tried to end therapy but he thinks its a game. I have tried to connect but can't talk to him about my emotions. He called me stubborn, lazy and spoiled.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2360286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Dr. Lobacz is friendly, humble, helpful and very flexible and accomodating to my schedule. I love that he offers therapy sessions as well as consultations (a lot of shrinks farm that out to therapists these days). He is very good at offering simple, practical suggestions to complex issues. The office where we meet is located in an old church in North Chicago and is very informal; despite my discomfort with religion, the informality of his office really helps me relax, open up and look forward to my visits with him. He doesn't employ staff and is involved in all aspects of his practice. I never feel like he is rushing me out the door to get to his next patient. I have worked with 4 or 5 psychiatrists in my life and Dr. Lobacz is by far the best in my opinion; I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][438944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2011

Dr. Lobacz is extremely collaborative. He has no imperial syndrome. He always returned my calles, listened patiently, and often spent 15-20 minutes on the phone--free of charge. His intake was 90 minutes and his medication management meetings are 50 minutes, almost unheard of in psychiatry. He's like a caring, old-time doctor who is young. And he's gay friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][438943].votes_count ]]