Dr. Glenn Y. Miya

Grad. Year: 1989

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. Glenn Y. Miya has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Glenn" to "Glenn Y."
RID: 2703334
08/07/13 4 4 5 5 Excellent doctor!!! Dr. Miya is thorough, friendly, and cares about his patients. If he does not have an answer on the spot, he will gather additional information and call you to help you make the most informed decisions. He has been our family doctor for the past 15 years--I could not be more pleased with him as a doctor!
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 2627923
25/04/13 4 4 5 5 I've known Dr. Miya for 19 years and was our family physician even before my kids were born. My husband changed job and lost our insurance coverage that made us switched to a new insurance. Dr. Miya is A very kind, considerate and an excellent doctor! He is very knowledgeable and shows concern in every patient he sees. I'm blessed to have known him and became part of our health care services . More power to you and your team and hoping to see you someday to personally thank you for your sincerity and professionalism! -----Juvy Mac------  Respond
RID: 1802838
26/03/12 5 5 5 5 Best Doctor ever.He takes his time and explains everything. He looks back in your chart, you dont feel like he's in a hurry or he's rushing to get you out of there.
RID: 1710429
10/02/12 5 5 5 5 I have not found a Doctor in the past 30 years that cares more about his patients than Dr. Miya. He even calls patients at home to see how they are after a surgery. He is always available to his patiences and makes time if the patient can't wait. I will follow Dr. Miya to any office he goes to. I have already followed him to 3 offices in the local inland empire area.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1672546
30/12/11 5 5 5 5 We have been with Dr. Miya for most of his medical career, about 20 yrs. When ever he moved to a new medical group we moved with him. He has been the best Dr. we have ever had. He gives you all the time you need, answer all your question, and is very easy to talk with. We are truly blessed to have him, and would recommend him highly as your family Doctor.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1523020
26/08/11 5 5 5 5 All the reviews are right!!! He is extremely attentive towards your concerns and explains in detail even for things you don't ask for. Extremely knowledgeable!  Respond
RID: 1489214
18/07/11 5 4 5 5 Dr Miya has been our doctor for the last 10 years. I have 3 sons and he has always been helpful, answered all questions and cares about my son's well being. My oldest was diagnosed with ADHD at his school and Dr Miya was very proactive in his treatment and referring us to a wonderful therapist. My son is now 16 and does well in school and sports and no longer takes meds. We all love Dr Miya. He has been a blessing to our family!
RID: 1242762
02/09/10 5 4 5 5 I've been going to Dr Miya for many years, and even when I moved 17 miles away, I refused to change to a closer doctor. He really takes his time and REALLY listens. In addition, he even asks if you have any questions. He will spend as much time with you as necessary to answer question and explain things. He is GREAT! I will never switch to another doctor!
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 841551
25/03/09 4 4 5 5 Dr Miya is my sons pediatrician and is someone I feel to be extremely knowledgeable and caring. The latter being very important for a parent because he answers all questions and as a first time parent, my questions are many. I never feel rushed during the appointment and would highly recommend him. I never leave the office feeling as though my questions were not answered or the doc doesn't understand my concerns. He really cares.
RID: 806804
04/03/09 4 1 5 5 Love the doctor, hate the wait. Every single time I've taken my son in, I've had to wait, on average, 45 minutes AFTER my scheduled appointment! Not cool. But he is super nice and anwsers all your questions.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 746352
18/12/08 5 5 5 5 He is a wonderful doctor.My family had him for 12 years and he is the BEST! We now have moved to the Beach Cities and miss him very much! Dr.Miya, all my children want you to move to Manhattan Beach, so we can have you as a doctor again! Dr. Miya is smart and anybody would be lucky to have him as a doctor!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 437285
31/10/07 5 4 5 5 We've been going to Dr Miya since our daughter was born. He showed up in the hospital at about 11:45pm to see us. He listens very carefully and seems willing to field any number of questions. Our daughter had surgery since then, and Dr Miya came to see us in the hospital then too.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 236608
27/03/07 4 5 5 I have had Dr. Miya for seven years now and could not be more pleased. He is always willing to listen and explain any symptoms, illness or results from tests. He never rushes me out the door and is always willing to try new treatments until the problem is resolved. He was recommended to me by a former boss and several others have taken him as their primary physician and are equally satisfied with his care. He has a wonderful "bed-side" manner - he is not only a specialist in internal medicine but a pediatrician as well. He takes my input and questions seriously. He sometimes draws out diagrams to help explain what is going on with my body so I can be a willing and informed partner in my treatment. The only downside I can think of is that he is that his client roster is usually full, so adding him as your physician may be a challenge - although completely worth it.