Rate Dr. Natalie Gaik

Dr. Natalie Gaik's Ratings

I stumbled upon this site just now and, -- although my experience with her office goes WAY BACK about 14 years ago -- I'd like to comment. My son, now a grown adult, has straight teeth. However, I DESPISED the agonizingly long wait in the waiting room. I'm talking sitting there for an hour until they called my son's name. Unconscionable. And they had the NERVE to put up a big sign about patients needing to please come on time to appointments. Are you KIDDING me???? What I also hated was the assembly line mentality of Dr. Gaik's office. (Have you ever taken a peek inside, where the kids go to get their braces put on, straightened, taken off? Seriously, it's an assembly line. No, really. About a dozen kids, sitting in dental chairs, being serviced in a row. Ka-ching$!) When I chose Dr. Gaik from the referral list our family dentist gave me, I thought it might be a similar experience to going to a dentist. Hardly. Are they all like this?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649670].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

I went to this Orthodontist years ago and I defiantly do not recommend her. She is the reason why one of my permanent teeth fell out. And when I went back to her for help she said I was no longer a patient. Do not go to this orthodontist! The receptionist is extremely rude as well.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2641639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

Dr. Gaik was very kind to me until recently. She yelled at me and mocked others infront of me. She was extremely unporfessional. Her receptionists were extremely rude all throughout my time there. They are not very punctual either, I once had to wait an hour after when my appointment was suppose to be. The rest of the staff has been okay. Also, Dr.Gaik was not very keen on listening to what I wanted or how I wanted my teeth to look. Now that I have my braces off (a year after she said they'd be) they don't look as good as I want them to be and I did not get my money's worth. I would not recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2537605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

I absolutely hated my experience with Dr. Gaik and her staff. Her secretaries were just horrible! They completely disregarded me and didn't treat me respectfully. Other adults would come in after I'd already been waiting to speak to them and they would completely ignore me and attend to the parents or adults instead of me. Also i had scheduled an appointment to get my braces off which immediately had to be followed by a dentist appointment and the day before i called my dentist to confirm my appointment and they had never been informed by the orthodontist that I was coming, which Dr. gaik had said she would do. The secretaries then went on to e rude to my parents and myself and now i'm getting my braces off 2 months later than I should be. I recommend going to someone else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2537604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Based on my experience as a patient I recommend you go somewhere else. Great "sales plan" made me feel comfortable but once treatment started I was spoken to in a demeaning and stunningly inappropriate way (especially if asking a question). Treatment took twice as long as planned and at some point my permanent retainer became no longer covered, which was not my understanding from the great consultation. Reception is often kurt, and unaccommodating. Broken perminent retainer stabbing my tonge required a 2 month wait for repair. Keep your dental wax handy! Listen to the current after hours phone message. Shop around, this is a pretty shiny office, but you deserve to be respected by your care providers. Often meet employees for the first time (high turnover?)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2478378].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

I have never been treated with such disrespect as I have been by natalie gaik's receptionists. They act miserably towards patients, show a lack of empathy and courtesy, and are incredibly rude. I have had braces with dr. Gaik, 3 years later need them again. Dealing with dr. Gaik's staff is uncomfortable, and leaves you feeling uncared for and unwelcome. I would not recommend her office to any.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][439406].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2013

This doctor and her staff were amazing. After my first consultation with her, my fears of being ripped off and taken advantage of flew out the window. She took me in as soon as I arrived, helped me feel at ease, and taught me about my situation and the procedure which I needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][439423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2013

I find the staff to be friendly, same with Dr. Gaik herself, terrible, terrible work though. Had my braces on for a long time, she took my braces off while I still had spaces in between my teeth (I never had crooked teeth, I only got braces to fix the gaps) and she refused to do anything about it. I shouldn't need braces twice!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][439405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Our family absolutely adores Dr. Natalie and her team. I choose to get Invisalign and it was just as I imagined - people didn't notice it and it worked like a charm. I would definitely recommend Dr. Natalie to everyone in Hamilton who needs orthodontic care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][439422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

This staff is rude crude and unhelpful. I cannot believe the rudeness of these people. The financial person says 'I do all of the financial arrangements and I had just walked away from a consultation and arrangement with the DOCTOR who owns the practice. Absolutely disgusting people to work with : I would not recommend.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][439421].votes_count ]]