Rate Dr. Natalie Gaik

Dr. Natalie Gaik's Ratings

Dr. Gaik was very kind to me until recently. She yelled at me and mocked others infront of me. She was extremely unporfessional. Her receptionists were extremely rude all throughout my time there. They are not very punctual either, I once had to wait an hour after when my appointment was suppose to be. The rest of the staff has been okay. Also, Dr.Gaik was not very keen on listening to what I wanted or how I wanted my teeth to look. Now that I have my braces off (a year after she said they'd be) they don't look as good as I want them to be and I did not get my money's worth. I would not recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

I absolutely hated my experience with Dr. Gaik and her staff. Her secretaries were just horrible! They completely disregarded me and didn't treat me respectfully. Other adults would come in after I'd already been waiting to speak to them and they would completely ignore me and attend to the parents or adults instead of me. Also i had scheduled an appointment to get my braces off which immediately had to be followed by a dentist appointment and the day before i called my dentist to confirm my appointment and they had never been informed by the orthodontist that I was coming, which Dr. gaik had said she would do. The secretaries then went on to e rude to my parents and myself and now i'm getting my braces off 2 months later than I should be. I recommend going to someone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Based on my experience as a patient I recommend you go somewhere else. Great "sales plan" made me feel comfortable but once treatment started I was spoken to in a demeaning and stunningly inappropriate way (especially if asking a question). Treatment took twice as long as planned and at some point my permanent retainer became no longer covered, which was not my understanding from the great consultation. Reception is often kurt, and unaccommodating. Broken perminent retainer stabbing my tonge required a 2 month wait for repair. Keep your dental wax handy! Listen to the current after hours phone message. Shop around, this is a pretty shiny office, but you deserve to be respected by your care providers. Often meet employees for the first time (high turnover?)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2478378].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

I have never been treated with such disrespect as I have been by natalie gaik's receptionists. They act miserably towards patients, show a lack of empathy and courtesy, and are incredibly rude. I have had braces with dr. Gaik, 3 years later need them again. Dealing with dr. Gaik's staff is uncomfortable, and leaves you feeling uncared for and unwelcome. I would not recommend her office to any.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][439406].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2013

This doctor and her staff were amazing. After my first consultation with her, my fears of being ripped off and taken advantage of flew out the window. She took me in as soon as I arrived, helped me feel at ease, and taught me about my situation and the procedure which I needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][439423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2013

I find the staff to be friendly, same with Dr. Gaik herself, terrible, terrible work though. Had my braces on for a long time, she took my braces off while I still had spaces in between my teeth (I never had crooked teeth, I only got braces to fix the gaps) and she refused to do anything about it. I shouldn't need braces twice!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][439405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Our family absolutely adores Dr. Natalie and her team. I choose to get Invisalign and it was just as I imagined - people didn't notice it and it worked like a charm. I would definitely recommend Dr. Natalie to everyone in Hamilton who needs orthodontic care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][439422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

This staff is rude crude and unhelpful. I cannot believe the rudeness of these people. The financial person says 'I do all of the financial arrangements and I had just walked away from a consultation and arrangement with the DOCTOR who owns the practice. Absolutely disgusting people to work with : I would not recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][439421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

After seeing some of the negative reviews on this doctor, I was weary about taking my son there. Her prices are indeed priced competitively, but her quality of service is well worth it. No complains here:)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][439420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2013

Dealt with Dr. Natalie Gaik: Approximately $500 less expensive than other orthos short term, but long term I think if I were to have a proper bite I would have to have my teeth retreated which would cost an additional $5-6k. My teeth look ok-it's the function that I am concerned about- I recently began seeing a new dentist and I asked him why my front teeth don't touch. I can't bite into things. He explained that the way my bite ended up I have an open bite. They are supposed to overlap a bit. Then he took pictures and showed me the wear I have on my back teeth which I never noticed and said a likely cause is because of the way my bite is and I should consider having my ortho redone or I'd eventually develop more serious problems. I went to a second dentist who said almost the exact same thing and gave me a list of the only 3 orthos he refers to because of these exact issues. I tried calling her office to discuss but now they want to charge again for consult fees.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][439419].votes_count ]]