Rate Dr. Tim Kostamo

Dr. Tim Kostamo's Ratings

I was very lucky to have Dr. Kostamo as my Orthopedic Surgeon. He was very kind, caring, and always taking his time to answer my questions. I was visited by Dr. Kostamo when I was in the emergency room before I made a decision to have a surgery on my shoulder. My experience at the hospital wasn't that great because I had to wait for the surgery for 2days. During that waiting time, Dr. Kostamo kindly came to check on my conditions and he was also reachable during my recovery periods. My scar is quite minimal and my recovery results are amazing! The staff are very nice, professional and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2550942].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

I feel very fortunate that I was referred to Dr. Kostamo for my Severe Osteoarthritis in my knees. He was very kind, took time to explain my Medical issues and what options were available to me. I am very happy with my outcome of very successful Two Total Knee Replacements one on my Right and Left Knees. He provided me with very clear written information of what to do or not do after Surgery. His office staff were very kind, informed and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Kostamo to anyone who is looking for a Excellent surgeon. I thank him very much for everything he has done for me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2510911].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2014

Dr. Kostamo did a complete hip replacement for me. He has no ego and listens to his patients. He is the most kind and caring doctor. My recovery and healing was remarkable thanks to the excellent job he did. I waited a quite a long time to get my surgery but it was worth the wait to have a doctor like him. His staff are equally helpful. You won't find a better surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2492288].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

This surgeon's carelessness resulted in my knee surgery reqiring two subsequent surgeries to repair the damage. His overconfident negligence was endorsed by the second surgeon who fixed it. Kostomos decided to take a stab at reconstructing my very complicated ACL pcl Mcl. Too arrogant to refer me to a specialist, it took me a 20 year old athlete at the time, 5 years to fully recover from a procedure that should have put me out for a week I can't comment on his follow up as I never received one. No call, and charged me $60 for a note required by EI stating that I couldn't work. I pray you heed my advise, seek a second opinion and wait for a Better surgeon even if they have a wait. The reason they have a list of patients waiting is because they know what they are doing. The reason you have been referred to him and possibly even got in early, is because kostomos doesn't

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2360334].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 23, 2014

I tore my hamstring very badly water skiing last summer, and was referred to Dr Kostamo by my family doctor. Dr Kostamo accommodated me on very short notice, provided me with excellent surgical advice, and reattached my hamstring at Burnaby Hospital. His pre- and post-op care was outstanding; he has a very approachable and personable demeanour. Dr Kostamo’s recommendations for rehabilitation and physiotherapy were specific and resulted in a full recovery with no loss of function in my leg. When my son subsequently tore his ACL playing high school football, Dr Kostamo agreed to see him on referral. He reconstructed my son’s ACL and repaired his meniscus, and my son is also on the road to a full recovery. Consider yourself very lucky to have Dr Kostamo as your Orthopedic Surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][439806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Kostamo from my surgeon in the East Kootenays as I was moving to the Vancouver area with a newly broken leg/ankle. Dr. Kostamo was very thorough in getting to know my case and very helpful answering questions during each of my visits. I found he and his staff very professional and would not hesitate in recommending him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][439805].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

This man is a great surgeon with a wonderful career ahead of him. My hip replacement was complicated and he worked very hard to give me the best possible result. He is warm, kind and incredibly skilled and always takes time to reassure his patients. As for his support staff..they are simply wonderful. They work as a team to help their patients in any way they can, especially Natalie. I have unfortunately come across too many orthopedic surgeons in my lifetime and I have to say Tim Kostamo is a real find. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][439804].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2012

Surgery cancelled at the very last minute without any communication whatsoever before or after. The doctor passed me to his colleague who then refused to do the surgery again at the very last minute (just outside the operating room).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][439807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2012

I had a hip replacement in May 2012. I have come out of it with no pain and am getting around very well. I think Dr Kostamo is a very caring and knowlegable Doctor. I would recommend him to any and every one that nneds ortho surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][439803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2012

Extremely caring and knowledgable explaining all surgical procedures fully in "lay man's" terms. Has treated me for 2 fractures, one involving a very lenghty and complicated surgery (shattered shoulder) His followup after the surgery was wonderful. Never rushes his appointments taking time to answer all questions. I know a few nurses at Burnaby General and even they speak very highly of him. Have referred other family members, all being extremely happy with their surgeries. If I ever have another fracture (I have osteoporosis) I will insist that he be the attending physician, that's how much respect I have for this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][439802].votes_count ]]