Rate Dr. Alexander R. Shikhman

Dr. Alexander R. Shikhman's Ratings

Beyond medical knowledge, he's a genius! I can't thank Dr. Shikman enough, when 8 years ago I was in tremendous distress from joints pain and no energy for years and very depressed as not one doctor was able to figure out what was wrong. Dr. Shikhman spent an hour looking at my records and examined me from head to two - he then said the words, Marfan's and Celiac disease. I had never heard these conditions before but within a week or ordering the right tests, everything came back positive and I changed my lifestyle, diet and work out, and I can thrive again. I can not stress enough what a miracle it is to find a person with such broad knowledge. No doubt that his European background and experience contribute immensely to his ability to diagnose patients. I hope you will give yourself a chance at health and visit him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2519051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

DO NOT GO HERE. unfortunately this cannot be a positive review of Dr. Shikman's office. I am particularly frustrated because we have done extensive fundraisers to pay for his unorthodox remedies to a very serious disease. I believe what he's done is unprofessional by allowing his patient to suffer unnecessarily due to his inability to follow the proper protocols in treating lyme disease. I believe we are dealing with someone who is operating on ego rather than his commitment to do no harm. His protocols are experimental and very expensive. He has been very creative with his diagnoses in order to be able to perform his protocols and still get the insurance companies to pay for it. I am very sad to say he has treated my friend as if he had no conscience. As a result, her chance for a full recovery is slim. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1232891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Although I can say Dr. Shikhman is knowledgeable, I cannot, in good conscience, recommend him because I believe he overcharges and takes financial advantage of his patients. I do not have group health insurance so I am paying for most of the services/tests I receive. As such, I am very interested in how much things cost. Dr. Shikhman overuses his ultrasound machine and administers tests in excess of $1000. His office staff is not helpful and takes no responsibility for billing errors. ( I was billed twice for the same office visit.) To be fair, his office was quite punctual and I found Dr Shikhman to be pleasant but this recent experience will prevent me from EVER seeking treatment from him again. I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1232890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2011

What can I say about the man who changed my life. He is kind, compassionate, caring, patient, and through. My quality of life has changed so much in the years that he has been caring for me. He is my man-savior. I don't care, where ever he goes, I will follow. Thank you Dr. Shikman for all you wonderful care. Your staff is AWESOME too!! You guys ROCK!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1232889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Dr. Shikhman was my Dr. for 7 years. When I was first diagnosed with AS he took time to explain his diagnoses and addressed all my questions and concerns. I now have a Dr. that does not compare to Dr. Shikhman on any level (diagnoses, treatment, patient relations, etc.). Because of my insurance, I am unable at this time to continue under his care but I am working to get back in his care. Drs. are an integral part of a patient feeling better; it is also important for a patient to have confidence in their Dr. to reduce stress. Dr. Shikhman is that Dr. for me! Anyone under his care is in excellent hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1232888].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2008

he is an amazing docter he helped me right away. His staff is very nice and helpful. He is awesome.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1232887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2008

The best Doctor...he is not with scripps anymore...hope i will find him soon:(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1232886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2008

Excellent, very good diagnostician, extremely knowledgeable, knows exactly what tests to order. Very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1232885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2008

Very impressed! He diagnosed me with ankylosing spondylitis and seems to have a really solid foundation in this disease and seems to understand the connection between the gut and this disease. His treatment for me has made me feel better than I have in years. He did a lot of testing and based on symptoms and genetics gave me the diagnosis but I think he's aware that genetics isn't always a 100% perfect proof of this disease. He's also helping me out with some osteoarthritis issues that have just flared up, we'll see how that goes. He has a very soft voice and a slight accent that makes it a little hard to hear him sometimes, but he doesn't seem to mind repeating himself. I think I lucked out with this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1232884].votes_count ]]