Dr. Alexander R. Shikhman

Dr. Alexander R. Shikhman

Rate Dr. Alexander R. Shikhman

Dr. Alexander R. Shikhman's Ratings

DO NOT GO HERE. unfortunately this cannot be a positive review of Dr. Shikman's office. I am particularly frustrated because we have done extensive fundraisers to pay for his unorthodox remedies to a very serious disease. I believe what he's done is unprofessional by allowing his patient to suffer unnecessarily due to his inability to follow the proper protocols in treating lyme disease. I believe we are dealing with someone who is operating on ego rather than his commitment to do no harm. His protocols are experimental and very expensive. He has been very creative with his diagnoses in order to be able to perform his protocols and still get the insurance companies to pay for it. I am very sad to say he has treated my friend as if he had no conscience. As a result, her chance for a full recovery is slim. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Submitted March 12, 2013 | flag

Although I can say Dr. Shikhman is knowledgeable, I cannot, in good conscience, recommend him because I believe he overcharges and takes financial advantage of his patients. I do not have group health insurance so I am paying for most of the services/tests I receive. As such, I am very interested in how much things cost. Dr. Shikhman overuses his ultrasound machine and administers tests in excess of $1000. His office staff is not helpful and takes no responsibility for billing errors. ( I was billed twice for the same office visit.) To be fair, his office was quite punctual and I found Dr Shikhman to be pleasant but this recent experience will prevent me from EVER seeking treatment from him again. I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!

Submitted Oct. 31, 2011 | flag

What can I say about the man who changed my life. He is kind, compassionate, caring, patient, and through. My quality of life has changed so much in the years that he has been caring for me. He is my man-savior. I don't care, where ever he goes, I will follow. Thank you Dr. Shikman for all you wonderful care. Your staff is AWESOME too!! You guys ROCK!!!!

Submitted March 11, 2009 | flag

Dr. Shikhman was my Dr. for 7 years. When I was first diagnosed with AS he took time to explain his diagnoses and addressed all my questions and concerns. I now have a Dr. that does not compare to Dr. Shikhman on any level (diagnoses, treatment, patient relations, etc.). Because of my insurance, I am unable at this time to continue under his care but I am working to get back in his care. Drs. are an integral part of a patient feeling better; it is also important for a patient to have confidence in their Dr. to reduce stress. Dr. Shikhman is that Dr. for me! Anyone under his care is in excellent hands.

Submitted Nov. 16, 2008 | flag

he is an amazing docter he helped me right away. His staff is very nice and helpful. He is awesome.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2008 | flag

The best Doctor...he is not with scripps anymore...hope i will find him soon:(

Submitted April 15, 2008 | flag

Excellent, very good diagnostician, extremely knowledgeable, knows exactly what tests to order. Very helpful.

Submitted April 7, 2008 | flag

Very impressed! He diagnosed me with ankylosing spondylitis and seems to have a really solid foundation in this disease and seems to understand the connection between the gut and this disease. His treatment for me has made me feel better than I have in years. He did a lot of testing and based on symptoms and genetics gave me the diagnosis but I think he's aware that genetics isn't always a 100% perfect proof of this disease. He's also helping me out with some osteoarthritis issues that have just flared up, we'll see how that goes. He has a very soft voice and a slight accent that makes it a little hard to hear him sometimes, but he doesn't seem to mind repeating himself. I think I lucked out with this doctor!

Submitted March 27, 2007 | flag