Rate Dr. Daniel M. Wik

Dr. Daniel M. Wik's Ratings

Dr Wik has treated me for 3 years and without him I would still be going back and forth and told I have this or that. He did testing for his suspicions and found what the problem actually is. I had been being treated by other physicians for symptoms of this disease but no one ordered tests I actually needed to give me proper diagnosis. He has gone above and beyond to get to bottom of my pain and referred me when I needed to be. His office staff is always friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. There have been times I have had to wait but not an unreasonable amount of time. He takes time to visit and discuss issues with you instead of taking vitals and sending you out the door. I would recommend him to anyone, anytime.

Submitted May 14, 2014 | flag

This doctor seemed to be doing a great job at first but after 2 years of treatment and thousands of dollars in fee's the results in my case are poor. When questioned about certain methods the doctor gets defensive and gives ultimatums leaving me no choice but to find another professional. In my opinion this doctor is a control freak.

Submitted April 30, 2014 | flag

I see Dr Wik at his Norfolk office. His staff is sincerely friendly and helpful. Dr Wik in my experience is a top notch Dr, very knowledgeable about most things, extremely knowledgeable about most conditions of the body/mind. He is friendly and pleasant and I feel lucky to call him my Dr!

Submitted Dec. 1, 2013 | flag

I am sorry to hear of your distress. I am a concerned reader. I noticed you mention specialist in this post. Truth is he is NOT a specialist in Pain Medicine. To be a specialist he would have to attend a 1 year fellowship in pain in addition to his residency. I have also noticed he did not say board certified in his listing. That means he did not pass a national exam in physical Medicine and Rehabilitation which is what his residency is in. I would question this if you return to him under your pain issues. Make sure you know the certifications a dr has before you choose them. I hope this helps.

Submitted Oct. 22, 2013 | flag

We have visited Dr. Wik several times. He talks a good talk but his handfull of pills he put me on had left me so much worse off than before to the point that now I am disabled! I went there hoping to regain my quality of life. Now I have taken a huge step backwards with increased pain, more side affects and considerably less money. Not to mention the time lost in my life, traveling to and from the appointments and the long long waits in the waiting room (some 1 hour or more)! For a "SPECIALIST" in pain I would think he would at least get my pain under control. Even after telling him that I was getting worse he seemed indifferent and reluctant to alter his regimen. I am very hesitant about continuing with his treatments or not.

Submitted July 16, 2010 | flag

I found Dr Wik to be egotistical and eccentric. Plus I had to wait 1 hour for a first appointment. Left without taking his recommendations, because they frightened me.

Submitted July 24, 2009 | flag

Dr. Wik is the most brilliant physician I have met to date. His INCREDIBLE knowledge and determination to get to the bottom of my pain was a welcome change from the dismissive care I have received in the past. It was his dogged determination which finally uncovered a brain cyst, which, it turns out accounts for many of my odd and seemingly unrelated symptoms. Thanks to Dr. Wik, I can at least FUNCTION, and have been so much more optimistic with decreased pain, increased energy, and FINALLY having an understanding of WHY I am the way I am. Where other physicians have dismissed or ignored me, Dr. Wik took the time, the energy and the research to truly help. I consider him a dinosaur...the last of the old-fashioned doctors, a man who truly is passionate about his patients and his craft. If you suffer from chronic back pain, CALL DR. WIK. He has truly given me my life back.

Submitted May 22, 2009 | flag