Rate Dr. Petra Oprea

Dr. Petra Oprea's Ratings

Dr Oprea is awesome, but staff running the facility. Oh my god, bad. Went in and asked about Dr. Hours as she works two clinic. She would not give me her work hours. Asking what was my problem. When asked why she was asking about my medical problems , she said 'gotta tell Dr something'. Shouldn't we get a an appointment time first. Oh ya, this was all while she was eating her lunch!!!!!wow

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2578918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

I do NOT recommend using Dr. Petra as your family doctor. She is not really the issue although she does not get much accomplished in one appointment, it usually takes an average of 3 appointments to resolve the issue or send you to a specialist. The real issue lies with this office. This office does not answers their phone 50% of the time so making an appointment is a pain, they also tell you not to leave a voice message. What kind of doctor's office does not allow their patients to leave voice messages?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

I'm a professor who took a family member on vacation to the walk-in clinic for an infection on his ear lope. Dr. Oprea was cursory and rude. She did not look at him directly. She did not touch him. She made the briefest of visual assessments and prescribed penicillin. She did not ask if he was allergic to antibiotics. She did not explain the dosage or possible side effects. He has now developed severe swelling of the throat and jawline and had to be taken to another doctor who immediately took him off the medication. As a Canadian I am embarrassed by the quality of our health care and was humiliated by her rudeness. I intend to lodge a complaint with the Canadian Medical Association and will never use or recommend her services.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][444189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Over all She is a good family doctor. She listens, she is calm, she explains things well. Some times she wants to see you too many times before she can decide what to do with you, but that is understandable as she likely doesnt want to send you to any specialists before being pretty sure of what is going on. At least she will send you to some one eventually! Most doctors just ignore you and don't send you to see anyone else. I don't like the secretaries, except the extremely rude one is gone! Yay!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][444188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Dr. Oprea is my GP. She is very knowledgeable. She is quick, efficient, but will listen to you if you have something to say. I also like that usually she will tell me what is wrong, tell me how to solve it, but then encourages me to google it to understand more myself. I have also been able to bring information that I found on the internet to her and we have had an intelligent conversation about it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][444187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2013

I was positively impressed by dr. Oprea when she saw me in walk-in earlier this week. I checked this website out of curiosity. I can see that some people require pampering, but I think the doctor doesn't have the time for it. I think effectiveness is no. 1 priority and it was well achieved in my case.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][444186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2012

She can be rude at times. I was shocked when she suggested I did not need to come to her for medical concerns. I was sadly disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][444191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2012

I had an overweight problem for years. I got to see her at walk-in and she told me straight and fair that I have to loose weight if I really want to get better. It was easy to agree with her, but so hard to do it. I went every few months to see her and my weight was getting slowly better with so much effort. After almost 2 years and 30 lbs. less I feel a different person. I've seen other doctors before, but dr. Oprea was the only one who didn't waste any time to spoil me but she pointed me to the right direction. Thank you so much for your help and honesty, I really appreciate it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][444185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

Wonderful physician; takes the time needed and is quite genuine in her concern and efforts

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][444184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

The dr, is horible and almost cruel. I asked for refer to a specialst and she said that I don't need one, had to ask 3 times for her to write the referal for me. When she did it she wrote it with a note to the specialst saying that I was resistant to her care, care that didn't exist that is. She said that I'm depressed and I need medicine...but she never asked anything related find out if I really am.Totally lost my time and energy, when you go to see her she's always looking on the floor or the corners of the room, never looking into your eyes, making you feel unconfortable, rushed to go out the door. Wondering why is she still a dr. If I don't perform @ my job I get fired, when drs don't?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][444183].votes_count ]]