Dr. Alexander Marmureanu

Grad. Year: 1988

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 19/05/09    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. Alexander Marmureanu has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pulmonologist (lungs)-related: respiratory system, pneumonia, bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, cancer, lung disease, chronic cough, lung cancer, dyspnea, sarcoidosis, pulmonary hypertension, acute respiratory failure, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

29/03/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.7
RID: 2857443

16/09/13 3 1 1 2 My opinion, Thee worst surgeon I have ever met, and I've been in health care for the past 16 years. As a surgeon,the surgery he performed was not complex, so I can not really justifiably say he lacks in that area, the main issue is his bedside manor and patient interaction. Both horrible, on a scale of 1-10, he would be in the negative. He walks a fine line between arrogance and just out right rude. His demeanor horrible. He will not explain in detail, he pretty much gives orders then quickly makes his exit leaving you stunned and confused. If you have questions, you may expect the person who has your life in there hands to have a little more couth, instead your left with the feeling you are being difficult,and afraid to ask anything. He is severely lacking in the area of following up on his patients. Once he is done cutting you open, that's it. One time thing? possibly who knows, but NO ONE should ever experience this type of treatment I wouldn't recommend my arch enemy.  Respond
RID: 1687366
15/01/12 5 4 4 5 the surgery went very well and was done using the video camera. i have small incisions and very little pain after the operation . good experience with him.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1335866
13/01/11 5 4 5 5 good doctor and good surgeon.took the time to explain all the options and surgery went well.also good follw up. did like him.
Paid (or co-pay): $3000
RID: 921736
24/06/09 5 5 5 5 Outstanding surgeon ! He saved my life and i will never forget him.He took the time the discuss the surgicsl plan as well as the outcome and he did a great job in the operating room.The operation was done through the scope so im very happy with my incisions.I highly recomend him.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 891716
19/05/09 3 1 1 1 No bedside manner. Always in a hurry. I always felt fitted in, like he was doing me a favor by working me in his schedule. Admission in hospital was terrible, and he was not around to discuss procedure with me. He was very arrogant. Example: Assuring me there was 95% chance that I had cancer, in spite of other doctors telling me I probably had no cancer. After surgery, he was uninterested and unavailable. He even had my sutures removed by another pulmonary specialist. I highly recommend you avoid this guy at all costs. It would be in his best interests to learn decent and kind bedside manner.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield