Rate Dr. Andrew Lee

Dr. Andrew Lee's Ratings

Dr. Lee is an absolute miracle worker for our family. In Dec 2009, my mother had a severe C spine and T spine fracture and was in the ICU for 2-3 weeks while waiting for her turn to be moved to Vancouver General Hospital for surgery. Dr. Lee happened to be in the same hospital as us and was confident of doing this surgery. He was able to answer all our questions in a professional manner and was very calm and composed. He seemed to care for what the family was going through. Because of him, we were able to avoid waiting another month before surgery and now my mom is in the recovery stage.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1233611].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2013

Arranged for an EEG. It happened very quickly, I didn't have to wait for more than a few days, and it was not an emergency either!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1233610].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2012

I was lucky that Dr. Lee was on call the night of my car accident in 2008. I have had two spinal surgeries by him (L1 fracture repair with instrumentation in 2008, and L1-L2 fusion with instrumentation in 2012). I would recommend Dr. Lee to anyone. He always takes time to answer my questions and he has a calm, respectful demeanor that makes me feel at ease. I have total confidence in Dr. Lee and if I need another surgery in the future it will be with him. The only thing I would say to prospective patients is that it is common to wait a while in his office when you have a scheduled appointment. But it is well worth it, because he takes time with you and you don't feel rushed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1233609].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2012

Dr Lee is very compassionate and caring . Gets straight to the point doesn't mess around. I've had 2 surgeries by Dr Lee he's always been forth coming with information and possible complications. Always took my concerns and questions seriously and never once made me feel dumb. If my friends or family ever needed the help of a neurosurgeon he would be the guy. His office lady is very pleasent when you call . Over all thanks for everything :0)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1233608].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2012

Very $ hungry doc. Only wants to follow up if he sees dollars through surgery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1233607].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2011

Dr.Lee is the absolute best! I had spinal fusion done in 2011 and I will never regret it. Originally he was to fuze L5-S1, however once in he noticed the L4-L5 disc was impaired too and without hesitation he fixed that as well. It was a 7 1/2 hour surgery and I feel great. He came to visit me every day in the hospital and has also been great on the follow ups. With no hesitation I would recommend him for your surgery. He knows what hes talking about and spent lots of time explainging everything to me. He is the second neurosurgeon I went to and comparing him to the other is like apples and oranges. Thanks for giving me my life back Dr.Lee!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1233606].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2011

I cannot say enough about Dr. Lee, my husband is walking today becasue of him, his knowledge and his persistance to make sure my husband got the very best care and right away. For someone so skilled if you have to wait on bad chairs, do what we did put 2 backs together and get comfy, he knows his stuff and made me feel at ease before during and after his surgery, thank you so much Dr. Lee!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1233605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2011

Dr Lee mislead me by claiming that "severe right foraminal narrowing at L4/L5" (as stated in the MRI)does NOT mean that the nerve is being impinged, compressed or squashed. He told me that it ONLY means the space is being narrowed! And then he said it again as he glared at me! However, Dr LEE specifically made a point of asking me if I had any tingling sensations (which I answered in the affirmative) and was talking to me about this for a period of time. I ask you Dr Lee and why don't you be truthful; what is the cause of this tingling???? I believe he knowingly lied to me when telling me that ONLY the space is being compressed and NOT the nerve itself! I have had another neurosurgeon tell me to my face that the above statement on the MRI means that the nerve is being compressed!! Someone is not being forthright!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1233612].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

Dr. Lee is an amazing man! He performed a disectomy/lamonectomy back in 2008 on me after a failed surgery in 1999. I was in so much pain and after loosing hope for 9 years he proved that there is always hope. As soon as i woke up the pain was gone. Unfortunately i was in a car accident in July this year and am in more pain than before, but i have no doubt that he will do his best to fix me again. I will be having a lumbar fusion done and wouldnt want anyone else to do it. Thank you Dr. Lee for you amazing skill, knowledge and dedication to your patients. i cant wait to be pain free once again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1233604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2010

Having been under the care of Dr. Lee for five years and undergone surgery twice, I would never feel the need for a second opinion. His care, advice and professionalism is outstanding.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1233603].votes_count ]]