Dr. Scott G. King

Grad. Year: 1997

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 26/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Scott G. King has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

07/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 1.0
RID: 2623167
21/04/13 4 5 5 5 I had emergency knee surgery performed by Dr King. He was very kind and considerate before surgery and throughout my post op care. The only problem I had was with an uncompassionate phone lady while dealing with FMLA paperwork. Other than that the staff at Arlington was awesome. Especially the x-ray technician. PT staff has also been great!
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 2502453
16/12/12 5 5 5 5 Total Left Knee Replacement 12/3/2012. I am doing very well and Dr King is the best.
RID: 2473640
13/11/12 5 5 5 5 When I first went to Dr King he advised that I not have surgery (A surgeon that didn't recommend surgery, whoa.) When I finally went back needing surgery he explained my options and gave me a recommendation but left the decision to me. As a surgeon he did a great job. I was out of the hospital in two days and walking a mile within a week. Three months later I was back at work as a mail carrier and within four months I was riding a bike 20 miles. By my anniversary date I had biked more than 2400 miles, including a five day trip from DC to Pittsburgh (320 miles).
RID: 2435505
29/09/12 4 5 5 5 I had a TKR in 2008, done by another surgeon. I suffered with pain & instability from day one of the TKR. I saw 3 other orthopedists, including one at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC, but none of them could give me a reasoned explanation for my pain & instability. I decided to see Dr. King. Dr. King did a thorough exam of my knee & diagnostic injection. After a discussion, it was decided the entire implant needed to be taken out - a total revision of the knee. He was spot-on with the call. My surgery was successful and I can already feel the difference in the stability of the knee, the knock-knee is gone & my gait is appropriate. Dr.King is extremely knowledgeable, highly skilled, easy to talk to, friendly, keeps his ego in-check & truly cares about his patients. I never felt like just a number with a knee attached to it with Dr. King. I highly recommend Dr. King for any knee or hip problems you may be experiencing...you won't be disappointed.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Scott" to "Scott G."
RID: 1260354
28/09/10 5 5 5 5 Absolutely one of the best hip/knee surgeons in the area. At the peak of his career. Finds out what's wrong and takes the time to explains things, very happy to answer all questions. Thoroughly explained all options. Surgery was excellent, no complications. Can't tell you how grateful I am to have found him.
RID: 1216532
27/07/10 5 5 5 5 A fabulous doctor...I couldn't believe that such an invasive surgery could be so painless and so helpful. I was unable to walk for 3 years without great pain and use of a cane. I am home, up and nearly running, pain free, and it is just Tuesday...surgery was Thursday morning. THANK YOU DR. KING and all the wonderful staff at the hospital, too. I have a life back again!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 889504
16/05/09 4 5 5 5 Thorough exam, thorough explanation & options. Excellent surgery; very fast recovery