Rate Dr. Scott G. King

Dr. Scott G. King's Ratings

I had emergency knee surgery performed by Dr King. He was very kind and considerate before surgery and throughout my post op care. The only problem I had was with an uncompassionate phone lady while dealing with FMLA paperwork. Other than that the staff at Arlington was awesome. Especially the x-ray technician. PT staff has also been great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][445402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2013

Total Left Knee Replacement 12/3/2012. I am doing very well and Dr King is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][445401].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2012

When I first went to Dr King he advised that I not have surgery (A surgeon that didn't recommend surgery, whoa.) When I finally went back needing surgery he explained my options and gave me a recommendation but left the decision to me. As a surgeon he did a great job. I was out of the hospital in two days and walking a mile within a week. Three months later I was back at work as a mail carrier and within four months I was riding a bike 20 miles. By my anniversary date I had biked more than 2400 miles, including a five day trip from DC to Pittsburgh (320 miles).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][445400].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2012

I had a TKR in 2008, done by another surgeon. I suffered with pain & instability from day one of the TKR. I saw 3 other orthopedists, including one at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC, but none of them could give me a reasoned explanation for my pain & instability. I decided to see Dr. King. Dr. King did a thorough exam of my knee & diagnostic injection. After a discussion, it was decided the entire implant needed to be taken out - a total revision of the knee. He was spot-on with the call. My surgery was successful and I can already feel the difference in the stability of the knee, the knock-knee is gone & my gait is appropriate. Dr.King is extremely knowledgeable, highly skilled, easy to talk to, friendly, keeps his ego in-check & truly cares about his patients. I never felt like just a number with a knee attached to it with Dr. King. I highly recommend Dr. King for any knee or hip problems you may be experiencing...you won't be disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][445399].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2012

Absolutely one of the best hip/knee surgeons in the area. At the peak of his career. Finds out what's wrong and takes the time to explains things, very happy to answer all questions. Thoroughly explained all options. Surgery was excellent, no complications. Can't tell you how grateful I am to have found him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][445398].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2010

A fabulous doctor...I couldn't believe that such an invasive surgery could be so painless and so helpful. I was unable to walk for 3 years without great pain and use of a cane. I am home, up and nearly running, pain free, and it is just Tuesday...surgery was Thursday morning. THANK YOU DR. KING and all the wonderful staff at the hospital, too. I have a life back again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][445397].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010

Thorough exam, thorough explanation & options. Excellent surgery; very fast recovery

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][445396].votes_count ]]