Rate Dr. Michael A. Zapf

Dr. Michael A. Zapf's Ratings

After hurting my foot at the beach over President's Day weekend, I called up Dr. Zapf's office Monday morning, expecting to be seen in a few weeks. They got me in the SAME DAY! It turns out it was nothing more than a bruised heel (but does it hurt!) and he took wonderful care of me. I did have to wait about 45 minutes to be seen, but again, I was able to be seen the same day so I didn't care if I had to wait 4 hours. Plus, they have free coffee, TV, and Sports Illustrated magazines: what more could a guy ask for. Going to the doctor is never fun, but everyone at Dr. Zapf's office seems like they know what they're doing and I trust that I am being taken care of.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][446376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Zapf for a few years. He is very attentive and does great work. He even measured me for my orthodics himself, not by his staff. He spent a long time with me explaining what was going on with my feet, and he even took pictures. He also gave me articles on my condition. His entire staff is very friendly too. Sometimes, they are not on time because the doctor spends a long time with his patients. Bring something to do while you wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][446375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2013

Doc has a good sense of humor. Assistant friendly and efficient. Secretary unorganized but polite. Did not have to wait long- always a plus. He treated my embarrassing wart on my foot and it's gone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][446374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2012

I am Dr. Michael Zapf. I have been in practice for more than 20 years and you can learn more about my from my web site www.zfootdoc.com. When explaining a diagnosis or treatment plan I use diagrams, foot models, pictures and plain English. Near as I can tell I have never “talked” anyone into any treatment. My goal is to explain the options available and help patients come to the answer that is best for them. One comment here is from the mom of a young lady who had a complication. I am sorry that she had a complication. Complications do not mean a mistake was made and, in her case, expert reviewers said none were. Complications are inherent in any medical procedure which is why I am most conservative and never advocate anything unnecessary ever be done. If you give me the honor of seeing you, I pledge to give you the same careful, attentive, gentle and expert care that earned the vote as Best Podiatrist in three separate Daily News Reader’s Polls on podiatric medicine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][446373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

My daughter went in for a little cyst on her toe, Dr. Zapf ended up cutting her tendon, she got staff infection and has had to get 7 surgeries since she still can not feel or move her toe.She was a day away from losing her toe, Dr. Zapf is not taking any responsibilities and our Dr. bills are up to 80,000. He is neglogiant and should not be practicing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][446377].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 28, 2011

no bedside manner at all. very abrupt does not explain things in "plain" English

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][446372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Zapf for over 10 years and have always loved him. His staff is great and he is a very good doctor. He makes you feel valued as a patient and doesn't seem in a rush while meeting with you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][446371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2010

Dr. Zapf talked me into a bunionectomy that I didn't really need as I didn't have pain prior to surgery. 18 months later I still cannot walk without pain. After surgery I kept complaining of severe pain and it took him 5 months to send me to physical therapy. When I asked him what was wrong with my foot, he named about 10 different things which suggested he didn't know what was wrong. I got two cortisone shots which only made the pain worse. At 8 months post-surgery he sent me to another physical therapist which did help some. At my 11 month visit, still in pain, he walked into the exam room and just said, without even touching my foot, that I needed another surgery. Didn't say why or what the problem was. When I started crying, he suggested I take anti-depressants & talk to a therapist. I said I couldn't afford more sugery, he said he'd see if the facility would take insurance only payment and he'd get back to me which he never did.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][446370].votes_count ]]