Rate Dr. Antonio R. Gargiulo

Dr. Antonio R. Gargiulo's Ratings

Dr . Gargiulo is an extremely considerate doctor, he values his patients and want to help them understand their options so they they can reach a decision. I value Dr. Gargiulo ' s knowledge, his patience in explaining the process and his compassion. He is an extremely intelligent doctor, I always felt at ease with him, he handled my case amazingly, he was always very prompt in replying to emails and clearing last minute doubts before surgery. We had declined the use of morcellation and so Dr. Gargiulo had to remove all my fibroids ranging from 12 cm to 7 cm from a small incision in the umbilicus, which was amazing surgical work. I can hardly see the incision it's so well done. I was scared that I would need a mini lapratomy as I had declined morcellator but Dr. Gargiulo with his excellent surgical skills removed the fibroids through a single small incision...He is an amazing surgeon and I would recommend him to every woman who needs to u del go this kind of surgery. Thank you Dr. Gargiulo. ..you rock!!!!

Submitted July 29, 2014 | flag

I found out I had many fibroids, some of them massive, while I was pregnant with my first child. I suffered greatly through that pregnancy, but had my son safely by C-section at 37 weeks. Following his birth, complications from the fibroids which had grown during pregnancy worsened; pain, bleeding, bloating, sensitivity to the slightest touch, and ultimately I suffered a miscarriage with my second pregnancy at 12 weeks. I was referred to Dr. Gargiulo and BWH where he performed a myomectomy using the Da Vinci robot to remove about 10 of my fibroids. He recommended waiting 6-8 months before trying for another baby, but not long after that because fibroids grow back and I was approaching 35 y/o. We waited 7 months and got pregnant with out first attempt. I am now 35 weeks along, due on my 35th b-day. Dr. Gargiulo was kind, attentive, honest, supportive, very skilled and made me feel very secure. I would recommend him to anyone with similar health issues as I had.

Submitted June 22, 2014 | flag

I would highly refer this doctor to my family members and friends. I had a very satisfactorily experience with the result of Dr. Garguilo performing an operation on me.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2014 | flag

I had very large uterine fibroids removed. Procedure was quick and easy. Dr. Gargiulo was delightful and very attentive. For recovery I employed the New England Rapid Recovery Center in NH, I was able to heal at such a rapid rate I nor my doctor could believe it. The NERR system had me off medications in a few days and in one week I was back to, feeling like nothing ever happened.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2014 | flag

Dr. Antonio Gargiulo is a leader in his field. After a uterine fibroid embolization a few years ago, I went to Dr. Gargiulo and just had a robotoic myomectomy. Dr. Gargiulo is everything you want in a surgeon. I had complete trust in him, his knowledge and experience, his bed side manner. He took the time to explain my situation and the procedure. My procedure went exactly as he had said, with no complications. I highly recommend Dr. Gargiulo.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2014 | flag

Dr. Gargiulo - hands down the best!!! After 2 years of uncontrolled bleeding, many intrauterine ultrasounds, birth control pill & IUD simultaneously, infection from multiple unsuccessful hysteroscopys (sp?), & refusal from my old GYN to remove the 4 intramural & submuscosal fibroids (and seemed not to know what to do with them even though her profile says she specializes in them?!), I decided to get a second opinion from Dr. Gargiulo. Both of my sisters were treated by him, one of which had the same procedure (don't ask why I didn't go to him from the beginning!). Dr. Garguilo was great, without hesitation he said he would take them out, and actually suggested a newer technique in going through the belly button only. I am so happy he did! I was on my feet that day, and feeling up and about 3 days later. He was super professional, explained everything, prompt follow up when I had questions for him. And his bedside manner was outstanding. No hesitations about this one, he is the best!

Submitted Nov. 21, 2013 | flag

Dr. Garguilo performed a robot-assisted myomectomy on 4 subserosal uterine fibroids I had about 6 weeks ago. I feel great and the procedure went well with no complications. I am happy with the decision I made to go forward with him and the robot-assisted myomectomy instead of a hysterectomy to resolve my fibroid problems. It was clear from my research that he was the best and most experience surgeon to perform this myomectomy. He and his staff were always professional, informative and easy to work with. I would highly recommend Dr. Garguilo, Brigham & Women's and this procedure.

Submitted Oct. 3, 2013 | flag

I found Dr. Gargiulo to be extremely competent and caring. He did an excellent job performing a hysterectomy using Robotic assisted laparoscopic surgery. I had no complications, minimal blood loss, and it was performed as day surgery. He was careful to address all my concerns and answer all my questions. I did not feel rushed during my consultations with him. He has an excellent bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr Gargiulo to anyone suffering with symptomatic uterine fibroids.

Submitted Sept. 10, 2013 | flag

I was diagnosed with multiple fibroids that severely impeded my lifestyle (I had uncontrolled and persistent bleeding) and was told I needed a hysterectomy. I went to the Brigham and Women's Center for Infertility and Reproductive Surgery for a second opinion and am so happy I did. Dr. Gargiulo successfully removed all 9 fibroids and saved my uterus with a laparoscopic myomectomy with robotic assistance. After the surgery, I was told that I could try getting pregnant after 3 months. I am so grateful and absolutely astounded by how quickly I am recovering and how well I am feeling. I had every type of fibroid possible, and two were over 5 cm in size. The surgery was a day case. By the 5th day post-surgery, I was walking up and down stairs, and by the 10th day, I was sitting on a beach enjoying the sun. Now, 20 days post-surgery, my life is back to normal. I have no pain and the tiny incisions are healing well. I can't thank Dr. Gargiulo enough. His expertise in unparalleled.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2013 | flag

Dr. Gargiulo is the best. He is very thorough and explains procedures very well. He is not only an excellent surgeon he is friendly person. My husband I believe I received the best care with Dr. Gargiulo and his staff.

Submitted April 5, 2013 | flag