Rate Dr. Philip A. Young

Dr. Philip A. Young's Ratings

Dr. Philip Young preformed an otoplasty on my 1.25" stretched earlobes in 2011. I researched several other plastic surgeons. The other surgeons I researched or discussed the procedure with either hadn't preformed the surgery and theorized methodologies on how to preform it or they had preformed it, but on a much smaller scale. Dr. Young was confident and had documentation illustrating the outcome of similar otoplasties. The themes of every pre op conversation included balancing my face, achieving natural looking lobes, and determining how much earlobe tissue would be actually be available for reconstruction. Three years after the procedure Dr. Young contacted me to ensure that my scarring was minimal. Scarring was/is minimal yet he insisted on lasering the areas. He wanted me to look the best I possibly could. Dr. Young has also done Botox and microderm for me. I continue to go to him for Botox.

Submitted June 24, 2014 | flag

BEFORE seeing Dr. Young, I saw a number of physicians who were unskilled and could not speak intelligently to the problems I addressed. I spent money out of my own pocket to see Dr. Young in order to NOT make the same mistake of seeing someone affiliated with an organization. Because I went to a private practice there was no pressure for unnecessary charges that a facility “requires” in order to maximize billing to insurance. You pay more money but you get what you pay for. WHEN I met Dr. Young I instantly could tell the DIFFERENCE between him and other providers. I am VERY HAPPY with the outcome of my procedure. I have HEALED remarkably and also learned more about patient care when I am the patient. Paying out of pocket was WORTH the cost. If I had NOT seen Dr. Young, I could have ended up with major scarring from old techniques recommended by OTHER physicians. I am more than happy to put my credentials down as an advocate on behalf of Dr. Young as a talented surgeon.

Submitted May 21, 2014 | flag

In trying to have my deformed ears corrected, after numerous surgeries I had ears that were just deformed in a different way! Every surgeon I talked to said nothing more could be done. Then I discovered Dr. Young. He knew about MedPor implants that he could implant to bring my ears away from my head. They now look just like I wanted! He also was able to correct a scar contracture by tissue grafting, something the other surgeons were sure could never be done because there wasn't enough tissue left. But Dr. Young did it! He is on the cutting edge of plastic surgery techniques; he is able to manipulate tissue in ways other surgeons wouldn't even think of. His skill and results are incredible. To me he'a a miracle worker. I can't thank him enough. He is not only incredibly skilled, he's also wonderfully patient and tireless in his pursuit of giving his patient the results he or she wants. He's the best!

Submitted March 1, 2014 | flag

Dr. Young is the best possible doctor there is. I had nothing but issues with my chin implant. However, thanks to Dr. Young who did everything in his power I was able to have a successful surgery. Dr. Young quickly discovered that a deep scar I have from childhood was causing blood flow issues and because of this fluid was building up. Rather than just let the fluid build up Dr. Young took action and let the incision heal naturally. He met with my every single day (including his days off) and made sure I had a successful surgery. I can't say enough great things about Dr. Young not just as a doctor, but as a person too. If you want a doctor with both endless skill and flawless bedside manner; then Dr. Young is the doctor for you.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2014 | flag

I don’t recommend Dr. Young in lower facelift. The technique he uses leaves a submental scar that –in my case- was very disfiguring and noticeable. The scar pulled the sides of my cheek leaving ridges and lines that persisted for more than two years. I had to have revision by one of the top facial plastic surgeons with decent experience in the facelift. He does not use the submental approach and does not leave a scar beneath the chin. After the revision, he told that your first surgeon was very conservative and did not lift the deep tissues enough and this has resulted in tissue laxity within less than two years. Dr. Young may be a good doctor but he lacks experiences in this and I do not recommend him in this area. He tries to sell you on the idea that he "discovered" the theory on facial beauty and has nothing to do with HAND SKILLS. Look for experiencd surgeons.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2014 | flag

Please do your research on Dr. Young and read all the reviews/complaints before you decide to have him perform any procedures! He tries to sell you on the idea that he "discovered" the theory on facial beauty; it's all a hoax. I went in for a simple primary rhinoplasty and came out with a botched nose job. I will have revision surgery done with another surgeon -- I will NEVER let Dr. Young come near my face. Do not be fooled by his "buddy-buddy" bedside manner. You want a honest, professional, experienced surgeon when going in for plastic surgery (or any type of surgery), not a "nice guy" who makes promises that he can't keep.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2014 | flag

I had two surgeries performed by Dr. Young in the last year. The first was a jaw implant surgery and the results were wonderful. It was a complicated procedure with a higher risk of infection due the incisions being make through the inside of the mouth. Though painful, it was a total success and I could not be happier. The second surgery was a revision of a chin implant I had about five years ago. The initial implant was not properly secured and shifted dramatically over time. Dr. Young did a masterful job at removing the old implant and replacing it with one that was more appropriate to the dimensions of my face and perfectly centered and secured. The recovering from this surgery was not ideal however. Due to absolutely no fault of the doctor, I developed an infection (which is just a risk of having plastic surgery). Dr. Young took this issue head on and expertly attacked the infection. He saw me on a regular basis for months afterward until I was healed. Just a great guy and doctor.

Submitted Sept. 20, 2013 | flag

Dr. Young performed a chin reduction on me approximately 6 weeks ago, and I could not be any happier. He discussed the procedure with me in full and presented me with several options, allowing me to make the final decisions, but giving his own expertise advice. The procedure went without a hitch, and though the 4-5 days after were uncomfortable, I felt like my old self shortly after, and from 10 days on, better than I did before. I had been considering a chin reduction for several years, and traveled from far away to see Dr. Young after reading reviews, and I could not be any happier with the job he did, or the care that he and his entire team showed to me before, during, and most importantly, after the surgery. He himself went to great lengths to check on me and ensure I was recovering, which means a lot. I recommend this doctor and clinic as emphatically as I possibly can.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2013 | flag

PROS: Dr. Young was very knowledgeable in the area I was seeking.......CONS: Dr. Young and his assistant were not very friendly at all. Seemed as though they were late for an appointment of their own. The assistant rushed me into the exam room, the doctor was in a hurry and did not seemed as though he was concerned with what my expectations were and what I was seeking. It would appear that the most important part of my visit, was the cost. I have had surgeries before where it was out of pocket and the cost did not matter to me. If my "consultation"; which seemed more like a deposit, was hurried cause the doctor would miss his tee time, then how would the actual surgery go? I would not recommend this office to anyone!!!

Submitted May 27, 2013 | flag

The doctor is a good person, however my surgery that was done 4 months ago is far from showing perfect results.I had a face lift, he did pretty good job with my face lift, however he injured one of the muscles and my smile became asymmetric now. So now I have to learn not smile as much as I am used to. I also had my lower eyelids done, and it looks OK when I don't smile. As soon as I start smiling I have a DEEP wrinkle under each eye that I did not have previously ( my problem was swelling of the lower eyelid. So I like him personally, his office is pretty nice too, however the results of the surgery don't look as good as some of my friends who had similar surgeries at similar age ( I am 54).

Submitted May 1, 2013 | flag