Rate Dr. Abraham Chaiton

Dr. Abraham Chaiton's Ratings

Dr. Chaiton has been my Dr. for more than 3 years. I found his receptionist to be excellent and have only received top care from both of them. Both are straight forward and to the point, no wasting of time. Recently I required them to go above and beyond their scope and they delivered in spades. Writing letters to EI and my benefit plans for me was one issue. The 2nd far more serious when I developed a secondary complication. I was referred immediately to other specialists my medication changed and ongoing care supplied. I find both Dr Chaiton and his receptionist to be extremely competant and thorough and feel I am well cared for in their hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2650247].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

Very disappointing appointment. Negligent 7 minutes appointment time, which was hurried by him so he did not even listen to most of my concerns. After having a decade of symptom history and more than a half dozen unexplained pregnancy losses, he sent me away to see someone in Toronto(???) who he knows, but he is not willing to contact for me. He only ordered very limited, basic blood work for me. After my results came back, it included a 7 times higher than normal inflammatory factor. When I asked him regarding the results by e-mail, he said that this is normal. I also asked him to refer me to see a local specialist, and he did not even bother to answer my request. Luckily I was able to get an emergency appointment with another rheumatologist in 3 weeks after seeing him, who took my situation seriously right away, especially after seeing my abnormal test result. Spent over an hour with me, sent me for lots of additional testing and organised specific care for my current pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2013

He does not waste your time, he is smart and very good in coming to a conclusion about your problem. I was so pleased to hear I do not have bad arthritis just overuse of my wrist and thumb and tendon problem. Grateful to him for his help and I would see him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

Dr. Chaiton seems pretty good to me...got right on things pronto...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

Dr. Abraham Chaiton is simply the BEST. I had been suffering from a condition known as Ankylosing Spondalitis for many years. I had seen many specialist in the past and Dr Chaiton was the only one who actually did something productive to help me. Unlike most doctors and specialists Dr Chaiton changed my life, and I will be eternally great full for what he has done for me. Thank you

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

well, Dr. Chaiton has a nice receptionist-that's about it. He was brusque, never even really looked at my problem area, and sent me on my way after telling me to get a test for something i knew the problem wasn't linked to--and giving me medication that made me terribly sick and I had to stop taking. I felt dismissed and completely uncsred about--and have asked my GP for another reference. Waste of time, truly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

The only good thing I can say about Dr. Chaiton is that he does return phone calls in a timely manner. I have been seeing him for about 1.5 years and with every visit I have become more frustrated. He is very dismissive. I moved from Toronto where I had an excellent rheumatologist; Dr. Chaiton is anything but. He's never done a full assessment of my joints. I've seen him 4 or times over the past year and a half, never for more than 5 or 10 minutes at a time. Despite having repeatedly corrected him he still seems to think I have arthritis only in my back which is practically the only place where I don't have it. After my last visit hismoffice sent a letter to my family doctor that was about another patient. When I told his office they sent out a second letter which has several inaccuracies and tells of something I reported which we didn't even talk about. finally I've had enough and I've got an appointment with a new Rheumatologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2013

I was very disappointed with Dr. Chaiton after waiting months for an appointment. He was late even though he was not on the phone and was not seeing a patient. When he did see me, he was disinterested and dismissive. He seemed to want to challenge me during our discussion on my medical history. He confirmed that I did have arthritis but there was no suggestions to dealing with it. I walked away feeling I had wasted health care dollars and now have to ask my family doctor for a referral to a rheumatologist who will assist me in my condition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

Was referred to Dr. Chaiton because my family doctor is in the same building. He is definitely a man of little words. I feel like he knows his stuff and he is top in his field, but his personality is dry and not terribly friendly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][449046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

I had literally 5 mins with this man, he was rude barely looked me over and out the door I went! I had travelled a few hours to see him and it was like I wasted his time, he treated me very poorly, I have no idea if he knows his stuff cause he blew me off. I am now seeing another rheumatologist who is WONDERFUL and who has also find some diagnosis (sacroiliitis) for me that Chaiton missed cause he couldn't be bothered. I would NOT recommend this man to anyone...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449045].votes_count ]]