Rate Dr. Lesya Shuba

Dr. Lesya Shuba's Ratings

This woman is incredible! A true professional, she explains clearly what's going on and is always ready to answer questions. Her knowledge must be very extensive, as she had a PhD on top of her medical degree. She's in no rush to do surgery, but when the time is right, she performs skilfully. I was one line on the eye chart away from losing my driver's licence, and after two cararact ops have excellent vision and need only low magnification reading glasses. I continue as a glaucoma patient, and have the greatest optimism for the results of her treatment regime. We're lucky to have this doc in Halifax.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2360986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

When I asked her if the drugs I took for my Hep C treatment could have affected my glaucoma diagnosis, Dr. Shuba replied "No; you can Thank your Mother for your glaucoma" emphasizing the "thank" and "mother". Then she put the glass disc on the surface of my eye to view the optic nerve and pushed; my right eye was hurting for 3 days afterwards. She viewed the left eye and then prescribed glaucome drops saying that " I would not go blind if I took these untill the day I die" I thought her manner was insulting and very unprofessional. The drops had a negative side effects on me, but that is besides the point. I would not recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

Dr. Shuba is a wonderful doctor. My 20 month old has glaucoma, and she has done 4 surgeries on him since Oct. 2010. She along with Dr.Riveros (miramichi) have made it so that my little guy can see. He has a long road ahead of him. But with great doctors like her I know he will be fine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449223].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2011

Dr Shuba was knowledgeable, friendly,and not one to rush into surgery, even when that was what I was sent tu her for...she was able to find a combination of medications that worked for my Glaucoma. She does have interns working with her so procedures are sometimes repeated but only if you agree. I found her to be very good in her field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449222].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

This Doctor is Awesome. My mother had to get glaucoma surgery & we had to travel to the QEII from Moncton NB to see her. She is extremely professional & makes sure her patient is comfortable ,she didn't have very good news for my mom as it had taken so long for her to be seen by a glaucoma specialist but Dr. Shuba saved her eye if not her vision. If only she could have been seen sooner here in Moncton. P.S. The hospital was the most helpful place i've ever walked into ,everyone was sooo helpful and kind you couldn't get lost if you tried. If i had to find one problem it was that the washrooms were quite dirty (maybe a janitor's strike or something :)) this was early 2008. if i ever get really sick i'm going to have to move to Halifax.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2009

Wonderful doctors, technicians, and nurses. Very knowledgeable and took the time to explain things thoroughly. Everyone was polite and friendly. The only complaint I have is that I was never notified of my appointment and had to get this information from my referring doctor as every time I called (after months of waiting) I got voice mail, which apparently isn't working as I left very detailed messages and never had a response. Overall I would highly recommend Dr Shuba and Resident Dr Roberts.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449220].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2009

Wonderful Doctor! Very pleasant and Knowledgeable. Long wait and staff seems a little flustered. Overall experience with the Doctor herself was wonderful and I would recommend her to anyone needing eye care!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449219].votes_count ]]