You may also like

Rate Dr. Lesya Shuba

Dr. Lesya Shuba's Ratings

It is hard to judge medical knowledge. She seems OK. But she should never have chosen to deal with people. She is unable to communicate with her patients. She is rude and does not answer questions.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2777658].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

I m seeing her, and every time I go to the optometrist they say "oh isnt she wonderful". She may be a great surgeon- I hope so. But she is rude and callous and a bully. I wish I had a choice, I ve had the same negative experiences as others here. I laugh every time I see the big sign saying to ask questions. Am always tempted to add not of Dr Shuba. I rated punctuality low but that isn't my real concern, it' s her sneering manner and refusal to answer questions or understand the trauma that a blindness diagnosis carries. How can I rate her knowledge? She doesn't communicate anything but contempt.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2776483].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

I am not surprised by the negative comments below as my first apt. I did find her not too friendly and felt rushed HOWEVER; after having both eyes done by her I found her to be kind & patient. I was pretty nervous for my first surgery and she put me at ease & the second surgery was a piece of cake. I now have 20/20 vision. I would recommend her to anyone who needs cataract surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2765238].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr. Shuba performed an operation on my daughter who was not quite one at the time that she would have other wise had so have gone to Montreal for. When our doctor at the IWK called her about my daughters pressure being overly high she saw her that day. She actually called me herself one time to tell me that she and her colleagues had a special meeting about my daughter and that they would perform her surgery rather than having to go to Montreal. She was nothing short of amazing in our situation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2706265].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2015

Dr Shuba is very cold and spares no time for being human. She gives virtually no teaching re post op care and When getting a consent refused to allow me to put on my glasses, she put her finger down in two places and said sign here. I know when I go there my pressures are higher than at my opthomologists. The problem is when you desperately need care and wait so long for referrals you are essentially at their mercy. It is degrading and very depressing. Saying be very careful after surgery tells one nothing about how to care for themselves. When you ask a question she can be scornful or simply not answer. I am terrified of her and feel hopeless at getting information re my condition.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2684788].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

This woman is horrible! As a doctor can be very knowledgeable but her " bed said manners" can be worked on...For example I was diagnosed with glaucoma and I going blind if not treat right...This woman did not prepare me mentally or psychotically for this news. I just can say that the felling was like I was falling into bottomless pit . And when I asked her about the illness , she just through the book across the table! Unbelievable! I had more manners and sympathy from Vet's for my dogs than from this Ukrainian doctor!!! The Victoria General should not only make exams about the knowledge that Doctor's not graduated in Canada but only PR relations with patients ,there English , etc. Do not recommend her!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2669860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2015

This woman is incredible! A true professional, she explains clearly what's going on and is always ready to answer questions. Her knowledge must be very extensive, as she had a PhD on top of her medical degree. She's in no rush to do surgery, but when the time is right, she performs skilfully. I was one line on the eye chart away from losing my driver's licence, and after two cararact ops have excellent vision and need only low magnification reading glasses. I continue as a glaucoma patient, and have the greatest optimism for the results of her treatment regime. We're lucky to have this doc in Halifax.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2360986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

When I asked her if the drugs I took for my Hep C treatment could have affected my glaucoma diagnosis, Dr. Shuba replied "No; you can Thank your Mother for your glaucoma" emphasizing the "thank" and "mother". Then she put the glass disc on the surface of my eye to view the optic nerve and pushed; my right eye was hurting for 3 days afterwards. She viewed the left eye and then prescribed glaucome drops saying that " I would not go blind if I took these untill the day I die" I thought her manner was insulting and very unprofessional. The drops had a negative side effects on me, but that is besides the point. I would not recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][449224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

Dr. Shuba is a wonderful doctor. My 20 month old has glaucoma, and she has done 4 surgeries on him since Oct. 2010. She along with Dr.Riveros (miramichi) have made it so that my little guy can see. He has a long road ahead of him. But with great doctors like her I know he will be fine.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][449223].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2011

Dr Shuba was knowledgeable, friendly,and not one to rush into surgery, even when that was what I was sent tu her for...she was able to find a combination of medications that worked for my Glaucoma. She does have interns working with her so procedures are sometimes repeated but only if you agree. I found her to be very good in her field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449222].votes_count ]]