Rate Dr. Ralph W. Gilbert

Dr. Ralph W. Gilbert's Ratings

Amazing doctor , did a great job for my wife , cannot find words to thank him , thanks DR RALPH GILBERT ,YOU RE THE BEST

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Our experience with Dr. Gilbert could not have been better. He is a formidable professional and and a fine example of excellence in his field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2538216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

He is the best! Amazing doctor, golden hands for sure! I had my thyroid removed 10 years ago and nobody believes it because he did such an amazing job that left no scar... Most important he removed everything that needed to be removed and gave me a chance to have a normal life again!! I feel so lucky to have been referred to him and his team and I thank them for everything! I was never so scared in my life but he made me feel so calm and was so patient. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Gilbert! Amazing doctor!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2361033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

I had a lipoma on my jaw successfully removed by Dr. Gilbert, who did an excellent job indeed! Prior to my undergoing my operation i was worried about the safety of my facial nerve and possible scarring. Not only is my face functioning properly (and looking better than ever) but the scar is actually hidden under my jaw barely noticeable. Dr. Gilbert is an excellent specialist, highly professional/ skilled/qualified and is one of the best surgeons i would ever recommend as a patient. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Dr. Gilbert and to all his team members! Thank You Thank You Thank You :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2361032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

I writing this out of total frustration. My girlfriend was sent to Dr. Gilbert with two tumours on her parotid gland. He told her that he couldn’t tell her it was cancerous or not until it was removed. She signed surgical consent forms, first being told her surgery would be before Christmas, never happened.. She called Dr. Gilbert's secretary Stephanie and she told her, her file said benign on it and my friend told her it should read unknown. My friend was upset and asked for an appointment to see Dr Gilbert . The next time she saw Dr. Gilbert he had an ultrasound of the area done and said she would get a call within four weeks to have it removed. Well four weeks came and went and once again she had to book another appointment. When she called the secretary told her basically that there were more important patient that were sick without knowing whether my friend had cancer or not.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2361031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Gilbert. I had a deep lobe parotidectomy, with interaction with the facial nerve, that Dr. Gilbert was able to remove with no damage to my nerve. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. He is very reassuring, and confident in his ability. It made me very confident going into the surgery. I was told that an unforseen interaction with my facial nerve would have caused a surgeon with lesser experience to take my facial nerve, leaving me paralyzed. If you have Dr. Gilbert perform your surgery, you are in the best hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449819].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

In Feb. 2011 I was diagnosed with recurrent laryngeal cancer, at that point I had been cancer free for 8 yrs. Devastated didn't cover what I felt especially when my surgeon told me I needed a special type of surgery because I was only going to get one kick at the can. He told me he was sending me to someone better than he was, a man with golden hands. That is how I came to meet Dr. Gilbert. At my 1st appt. he had me laughing and at ease about the challenge I was facing. He told me about the hemilarygectomy(taking out the old vocal cords, peeling my head open to harvest tissue and veins and taking additional tissue from my mouth to fashion new cords) and that lucky for me he was the one who designed this surgery specifically for situations like mine and he was the best at performing this surgery. Well he I am now almost 2 years later and I speak with a voice better than my old one. Thank you Dr. Gilbert and the dedicated team of doctors and nurses that assist him. Sincerely, Sharron D.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][449818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

I thought of Dr. Gilbert and his surgical team from Princess Margaret when I was out this morning running an easy 10K around my neighbourhood in Boca Raton, Florida. Last year at this same time, I could barely breathe and climbing stairs was the equivalent to running a marathon. My trachea had narrowed from a build-up of scar tissue to 3 mm from the normal 14-17 mm because of a rare condition called idiopathic tracheal stenosis. I had been treated unsuccessfully for asthma for more than 20 years and was finally properly diagnosed 2 years ago. After several failed bronchial dilatations, Dr. Ralph Gilbert along with Dr. Shaf Keshafjee, a thoracic surgeon from Toronto Hospital, gave me a tracheal resection and surgically removed 3 cm of my trachea and sewed it back up again. I have not looked back! Dr. Gilbert is a skilled, competent surgeon with a great bedside manner that makes a patient feel confident headed into surgery. I did my research and knew he was the best. He saved my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

Dr. Gilbert is amazing. I had been 6 years cancer free when my tumour relapsed. I was started on chemotherapy, but the doctors didn't think that would be enough. Radiation was out of the question because it is was what had caused my relapse, it mutated my cells. So they went with surgery. My ENT at my hospital was too scared to go through with the surgery, so they asked Dr. Gilbert to do it. Of course he took on the job, no matter how complex and dangerous it was. During the consultation before the surgery he explained everything to me and made me very confident in him. The surgery was 10 hours long and was a parapharyngeal tumour resection. Since the tumour was underneath my facial nerve he had to remove the nerve, take out the tumour, and then place the nerve back. I woke up from the surgery with facial paralysis. It's been 2 years now and I am still cancer free and my facial movement is almost as good as new. He is definitely a very skilled doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449816].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2012

Dr. Gilbert is all that the folks below have said. He successfully performed a massive operation on my wife to remove a very aggressive mucosal melanoma in the frontal sinus. We had been told that this would be a very disfiguring procedure that would require many more elements of Reconstruction. Dr Gilbert was able to remove the entire tumor (en bloc -involved the removal of the eye) with a frontal crainionomy and rhynonomy. Immediately after the procedure she still looked like herself...he did ALL of the reconstruction in that 16 hour procedure. He is amazing! Unfortunately, the cancer was metastatic and had gone to a number of major bones, but she had 1 year of quality life that would not have existed had he not been her surgeon. Trust this man and follow him. He will not lead you wrong!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][449815].votes_count ]]