Rate Dr. Judy Gillies

Dr. Judy Gillies's Ratings

I saw this doctor recently and have heard some negative things in the past in terms of her lack of kindness and lack of professionalism. I don't judge people unless I have reason to. After spending 5 minutes with this doctor, it was clear she lacked the skills and qualities necessary to be a credible and well-respected doctor. I am glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way. How unfortunate to have a doctor like this in our community. Good thing we have so many wonderful ones!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

On numerous occasions I have waited 1.5 hours before seeing Dr. Gillies (even with an appointment). I find her to be rude and obnoxious at times. She makes she feel like I am wasting her time. I have even minimized the reasons for my visits and she has made me feel "silly" for being concerned about my symptoms or side effects. She can be nice but for the most part I leave the office feeling awful about myself. On one occasions he even laughed at me when I explained the reason for my visit. Aftwards, I felt uncomfortable and wanted to leave. Unfortnately, there is a lack of family doctors in the area so I cannot request a different doctor. Due to all the reasons mentioned above, I prefer to go to the hospital and sit in emerge and wait for several hours as I feel I will have better assistance.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2445831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

My father's pathology report sat for nine months before she addressed it. It was cancer. Thanks, "dr" Giilies.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Judy makes sure that you see a specialist if needed. I have a lot of problems and she sees that I am directed to the right person. If you are and informed consumer you get the help you need. Better that she takes a holiday than burn out. Look beyond her casualness. I saw her teach an intern and she is the best. That means she knows her stuff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235209].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2014

It is not possible for this dr to have achieved well in her academia. Her incredibly poor bedside manner and lack of general knowledge is appalling. She is incredibly self-important (unwarranted), condescending, rude, possesses no signs of professionalism and is grossly disrespected amoung her peers (justifiably) and patients. Given her reputation, anyone with a shred of integrity and sincere caring for people, would resign. Over the past decade (more), she has mis-diagnosed, mis-prescribed and mis-advised, she doesn't listen and lacks knowledge to make sound judgment. Completely unacceptable & should be reported to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of ON. She is tolerated in a community that often lacks a high standard of physician. To carry on with such a performance, is embarrassing to herself, staff and her profession.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

She was a good doctor when she first started but now she is rude and does not pay any attention to you after you have waited for hrs in her office.She needs to stop telling younger poeple to go home that they are to young to have anything.She needs to know that we are in the yr 2013 now.She needs to take less time off and be caring for her patients i realize that we have a shortage of doctors but she needs to realize what she went to school for.She seems to try to take the easy patients and the ones that are very ill dont seem to get her attention .Its pretty sad when you have to go the ER for another physician to have to take test and them tell you what is wrong .The ER doctor was so sympathetic and understanding WOW what does that tell you about your family doctor.I hate to have to go to the ER to be diagnosed and them have to tell your family doctor then they wonder why the ER is always busy .She is a doctor who is on holidays or out of the office often.NEEDS TO BE MORE CARING.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

I am never seen in a timely manner and she no longer makes appointments. As a working person this is extremely difficult. She is often on holidays and unable to see patients for 4 weeks +. When I do manage to get into see her the service is rushed and she is often sarcastic, even rude. I no longer even bother going to see her. I go to the walk-in clinic or emergency dept before wasting my time with such a rude and unprofessional dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2012

Dr. Judy Gillies is a great physician! She takes the time to deal thoroughly with her patients. Gshe has no qualms about referring you to a specialist if one is needed. When I went into renal failure, she monitored me very closely and even took the time to call me at home and check on me. She gave me her personal cell number in case I needed to reach her after hours. What a comfort it is to have that direct line to your physician. Over the years she has treated me, she has shown nothing but the most professional treatment to me. At times, she is a bit late getting to you, but, it seems to be the same with all Doctors in Ontario. They are certainly overworked, and Judy is the type of physician who will listen to her patients ( no bum's rush out the door here). I am grateful for her kind and compassionate treatment. Judy does not treat just the disease, she treats the whole patient. If you asked me for an out of ten rating, I would be have to say 10.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235206].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2012

I was not impressed with this doctor's level of professionalism. She was rude and sarcastic when I saw her for sore throat. Hopefully this comment now remains on this page! NOT a fan of this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2011

Dr Gillies is a very compassionate Dr that goes over and above!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235204].votes_count ]]