Dr. Luis W. Martinez

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 26/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 2.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. Luis W. Martinez has a poor overall rating on RateMDs.com. frown

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Colorectal / Proctologist-related: colon surgery, rectal surgery, colitis, colorectal cancer
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4907447

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 5.0  Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Luis" to "Luis W."
RID: 1496338
26/07/11 2 3 1 1 This is an awful doctor. I saw him a few years ago because I have HPV and a bump in my colon that was bleeding and causing me pain. He said it was nothing but a papule and thus didn't need removing or testing. He only gave me fiber packets to drink. It has not stopped bleeding and now it hurts more than ever, I'm going to see another doctor, because this could be cancer. Nice guy, huh?  Respond
RID: 1039088
20/11/09 4 4 2 2 He tries to help and he's polite, but he was very rough. I saw him twice and he couldn't help my situation. He also doesn't explain as much as my other doctors; meaning he tells jokes and stories, but leaves out information that might be specifically relevant to me. In most routine situations, he would probably be fine.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond
RID: 869418
24/04/09 4 3 2 1 I would not recommend this doctor. During a routine colonoscopy he used force to enter the scope into me. The scope punctured my colon. I almost died, but thanks to the wonderful staff at Huntington Memorial Hospital I made it - it took me over 6 months to get back to normal. Pasadena has many good physicians, I would avoid this particular one.
Insurance: Medicare