Dr. Rick S. Brar

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 2.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Rick S. Brar has a poor overall rating on RateMDs.com. frown

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dentist-related: cavities, gum disease, teeth cleaning, dental care, gingivitis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3649871
07/01/14 3 4 3 3 Although I think Dr. Brar is a nice man and does give really good shots and procedures were pain free. I am now in pain with the 2 root canals he did. I can't even touch the 2 teeth without being in pain. I am now having problems with the teeth next to the ones he worked on. The appearance of the crowns and the colors look good but not happy with the pain. I still have an outstanding balance with them even after all the money and insurance paid to the office. I now have to go to another dentist to correct the problems he created. Not sure what I will do with the balance, thinking about going after the office for my expenses of new dentist once I find out what is wrong.
Insurance: Delta Dental
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Rick" to "Rick S."
RID: 2896037
04/10/13 3 1 1 1 I was waiting to get my braces on and I waited on the dental chair for three hours and no once once came in and asked how I was doing and they the procedure only took 30 minutes
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

13/02/13 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2473581
13/11/12 4 4 4 4 I've been pretty happy with Dr. Brar's skills over the 8 years he has been my dentist. He is a master of the Novocaine needle (i.e., painless)and does a great job with crowns. Crowns have been about 1k a piece and he makes them on site based on 3d imaging. Staff is good with getting payments from insurance companies.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1730429

06/03/12 1 1 1 1 This is the worst dental office I have ever been to. They are money hungry, and the office manager was super rude. They tried to bill me for procedures that I had already paid for. I do not understand how they stay in business. They are extremely unprofessional. I have told Sophie (office manager) at dozen times about the issue and nothing has changed. I will never go back to this office. BE CAREFUL! Unless you like being ripped off. You will be shocked when you receive your bill. 200+ for a 10 min cleaning that is ridicules.
Insurance: Banner Health
See Responses
RID: 1724912
28/02/12 5 5 5 5 I had an overall great experience! The work was painless and the staff was very helpful in answering questions I had.  Respond
RID: 1710754

10/02/12 1 1 1 1 Still haven't received a bill from April and Novemer 2011 work. I called several times and was told they weren't at the office with my paperwork and would call me back tomorrow, haven't heard from them. Listened to the male receptionist yelling at the receptionist at the other location about how they need to get paperwork filed. Got two filings redone, and wish I never had. One still has rough edges which if I hadn't told the doctor to file down woudl have stuck out severely. He was obviously in a hurry and didn't care that he was doing poor work. The dental assistant was nice, but dropped a couple of f bombs. Thank goodness my new insurance doesn't cover him because now we can't go back! DO NOT GO TO THIS DENTIST!
Insurance: Delta Dental
RID: 1668421

23/12/11 1 1 1 1   Respond
RID: 1574621
30/10/11 4 1 1 1 Extremely commercial, wants to swindle every penny off you. Avoid if possible.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $5000
RID: 866587
21/04/09 3 4 1 1 My oral health had been excellent with no cavities within the last 15 years, so imagine my shock when Dr. Brar told me that I had 8 new cavities and that my existing 3 fillings needed replacement....estimated cost $961.00 I expressed disbelief that I could incur that many cavities so quickly but he assured me that it could happen. I left the office in disbelief and later sought out a different doctor for a second opinion. After an exam with a different doctor (while keeping the knowledge of Dr. Brar's findings to myself) I was told that I was cavity free. In my opinion Dr. Brar and his staff are con artists that are bilking their patients out of their money.
Insurance: Aetna