You may also like

Rate Dr. Jiri Dubec

Dr. Jiri Dubec's Ratings

I agree with the comments written on January 31st. I have known Dr Dubec for a number of years. During this time I have seen his standards drop considerably. It is evident he hasn't read reports before you go into his office and he quickly retrieves the results and skims through them. It is frustrating to watch him write his own notes whilst I am sitting there and taking away from patient doctor time. He has written countless prescriptions that counteract others....he once had my trust but now I am looking for another doctor I can trust. He is a symbol of how family doctors can turn the caring profession into a money making one. Such a shame.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2751001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Excellent doctor. Remembered me even though it's been a year since I last saw him. I spoke to him and he had a really rotten dec 2014 and jam 2015 when he had pneumonia.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2737690].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

First i would like to say that i am glad doctor Dubec explained some of the personal things that happened in his life and health overthe last year just for all of you that knew nothing, assumed everything and jumped to all the wrong conclusions. The fact is, his personal life is really none of your business. Yes he is your doctor and you have a doctor patient relationship as do i. As in all good relationships, there should be trust. Was there anyone or anything stopping you from asking directly if he is ok. Maybe showing that you have some empathy and are a caring person yourself as he is. So many times, he tried, to please everyone but we humans are sometimes too demanding. He opened another office as he had to also care for his aging mother. He came to work when most of us were sitting there asking for a note to miss work. You only see his exterior. He has a huge heart. He is extremely knowledgible. He is a raising a young family, and families should come first. I would not expect him to leave his sick children home wihtout one of their parents especially at such a young age. To me this doctor is the best and i would not trade him in for anoyone else. I understand it can be frusterating when you need to see your doctor and he is not avaialble but that has not always been the case with Dr Dubec. He has had a tough 2014 so put yourself in his shoes and ask yourself how would you feel if people were talking about you like that. You have a choice and you have a right, so if your note happy, you with his services you can exercise your right and find a new doctor. I however won;t be going anywhere as he is the best doctor ever.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2725576].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

To my patients that had cancelled appointments in the months of Dec 2014 and Jan 2015 I truly apologize. I was not on vacation, instead I suffered a severe left sided pneumonia and was off work for nearly 9 weeks. I tried my very best to refill meds by phone and fax, and Dr. Parsons did his best to take over in the office. I am feeling back to normal finally and I thank you for tolerating my absence. I have worked as a GP for over 10 years and never experienced anything like this. It was a very humbling experience for me and my family. Once again I truly apologize for any inconvenience and frustration it may have caused. I look forward to providing excellent service and attention to those who can see past this difficult time and decide to continue attending my clinic. Most sincerely, Dr Dubec.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2720323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

My appointment is always cansel and the receptionist there are NO MANNERS to answer patience call!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2709271].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

Perhaps Dr Dubec was so excellent in the past as rated here but this is no longer so; I disagree with even good ratings here. If you need a doctor with whom you can meet at least twice a month, because you become suddenly ill or need a note for work, then I don't recommend him. This one cancelled seven last appointments of mine. And his receptionist recommends walk-in clinics. His receptionist is all the time calling because he is not in Vancouver or goes for holidays. And he does not care to have a substitute. So unprofessional! This is very bad if you have serious problems and need regular care. His receptionist truly deserves to be thanked for her patience. But he does not care about his patients - cares about writing reports during appointments. He comes unprepared; does not read tests prior to appointments; doesn't know that you were at the hospital unless he begins to write his report. Prescribes medications which lead to serious health issues and then does not even care to send patients for checks, and does not even care to explain to patients what these medications can do. Caused me and my family serious problems, didn't care to help while I needed medical help, which even led to death - anything else to say? When he moved, his staff didn't inform me and I came to the old location... Punctuality fine but how much does that matter? I would wait for an excellent doctor... Poor knowledge - walk-in clinic doctors know better. He prescribed me medications which a walk-in doctor cancelled as first specific tests should be done. The worst experience and doctor I've ever had.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2704883].votes_count ]]