Dr. John Gonder

Rate Dr. John Gonder

Dr. John Gonder's Ratings

Sent to Dr. Gonder because of a suspected macular hole diagnosed by my optometrist. I also have AMD. after an examination he stated there was no evidence of a macular hole. My vision in that eye had deteriorated with classic macular hole symptoms. I was satisfied, thinking the visual degeneration was r/t the AMD. This year I had occasion to be examined in depth by a specialist in Toronto. He told me there was indeed a macular hole that should have been repaired at the time. Too late now. I do not understand the discrepancy in diagnosis by two specialists. I Will never know if vision in that eye could have been preserved had the hole been repaired. If in doubt seek a second opinion, always.

Submitted Jan. 1, 2014 | flag

Very good bedside manner, helped saved sight in my eye. I would recommend Dr Gonder to people with serious eye problems

Submitted Sept. 14, 2013 | flag

Excellent doctor, pleasant, professional, punctual. Overall an excellent experience.

Submitted May 27, 2012 | flag

Had a vitrectomy in July of 2011 - excellent results, with added lens installed. Highly recommend his skills, explained all details that you should expect. If you expect the bubble to disappear quickly after surgery it will not - expect a couple months.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2011 | flag

Simply the best. I got retinal detachment in my right eye, with almost no vision in that eye. But this man saved me with an emergency surgery!

Submitted Feb. 24, 2011 | flag

Dr. Gonder is at the top of his profession. It is a privilege to be his patient. G. K. Traub

Submitted Dec. 17, 2010 | flag

Without a doubt the best care I could have ever received was from Dr. Gonder and his staff. I was blind in my right eye (detached retnia) and the surgery was 100%. I would recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Nov. 6, 2010 | flag

Excellent doctor!Very knowledgable & caring.Highly reccommend him for your eye issues.He treated me & saved my vision etc. he is excellent!

Submitted Sept. 7, 2010 | flag

I had surgery to repair detached retina,seemed like it was very successful for about a month vision became abscured and needed to repeat surgical procedure again,i am sorry to say the second time it failed again and i am left with no vision in my left eye. This has affected my daily life greatly. Dr. Gondar was very thorough and tried his very best to explain to me what the problems that i faced.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2010 | flag

Dr Gonder was pleasant, professional and of course, an expert. It was a pleasure to have my eye assessment done by him. Very well mannered - which makes all the difference.

Submitted June 7, 2010 | flag