Rate Dr. Nhiem Nguyen

Dr. Nhiem Nguyen's Ratings

Like the previous post, Dr. Nguyen does know about the skin treatments. He does examine you head to toe before explaing your symptoms and conditions. So far the medicines he prescribe me worked great! However, the (asian)receptionist is rude and incosiderate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Dr. Nguyen is a very knowledgeable and helpful doctor. He takes the time to explain everything to his patients. Until you get to see him, it is a terrible experience because of the receptionist. She is quite rude and condescending.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2013

I don't know why so many patients seem to feel so negative about Dr. Nguyen's receptionist, Georgina. I think this lady is absolutely terrific and also very nice. I have never had any dispute with her at all! She has an awful big workload and she is always so calm and serene and patient. She has to make all the appointments and do ALL the medical typing and she is just as calm as can be - she is very very efficient and has worked for Dr. Nguyen - I'm sure it must be at least 20 years now. She has great dedication to her job and to the doctor himself and is truly his right hand! I just love her! Stop complaining all you people!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2013

Waited 3 months for an appointment. 2 months in the waiting the receptionist called up to reschedule because dr Nguyen is going on vacation. Another month or so to wait till September. When September arrived, I called his clinic to confirm my appointment but was told I got the date wrong. The receptionist told me "I can't help you, i don't have computer system...you have to rebook" when I asked her to check her calendar for 8.30am appointment for September. It would only take 2 min for a quick check but she refused claiming it will take her 3 hrs. After I 'begged' her, she asked for my name and number and ended with 'I'll see what I can do". 1 week gone and never heard from her. Called again and asked very politely but to my disappointment, she refused and we spent 10min talking. I told her the time she spent arguing with me she could have checked. Later she said it was last week. If only she had checked and call back that space won't go to waste. I rather give up then to deal with her

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2013

Dr. Nguyen is most sensitive which is what is really needed when dealing with patients with skin cancer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2013

Lovely older mature gentleman with soft manner and seems very knowledgeable. Seemed to take a genuine interest in me and my problem. I liked him very much. Have seen about 6 or 7 dermatologists over the years and he rates highly compared to the "young ones". However Dr Nguyen's receptionist (and I use the term loosely) is awful. She is on a total power trip, is full of her own importance and has obviously been working too long! Take retirement dear. The patients that come into Dr Nguyen's clinic pay your salary. It would be prudent to treat them as such.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

In my experience (annual visits for 10 years) I have found Dr. Nguyen to be excellent. I work for Air Canada and one of the physicians that does our annual medicals recommended Dr. Nguyen to me as "one of 2 very good dermatologists" in Richmond that he knew of.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

Dr. Nguyen is a wonderful doctor. Very knowledgable, easy to talk to, nothing but great things to say. However, I am going to ask for another referral because his receptionist is awful. She won't do anything other than answer the phone and make a new appointment, forget asking her anything else, she will not accommodate nor will she put in the extra 2 secs of effort to try to help you. I have cancelled my appointments (besides the wait time is 3 months) and going somewhere else. The doctor should be/will be given a personal complaint regarding this bitter woman and hopefully force her into retirement.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2012

Very knowledgeable and patient and great at explaning conditions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2012

GREAT DOCTOR!!! Dr. Nguyen was incredibly helpful. He helped me treat my scars and moles; and was very knowledgeable. However... his white haired evil condescending receptionist was there... I heard her make racial jokes to another receptionist on the phone about a middle eastern man who told her she was a "racist"! (she tried to whisper it on the phone but I could hear everything) She was EXTREMELY rude to me until I told her I am a health care professional, then she became nicer. In my opinion, Dr. Nyugen is a good enough MD to put up with his evil receptionist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1235726].votes_count ]]