Rate Dr. Robert D. Robinson

Dr. Robert D. Robinson's Ratings

While reading the reviews I notice submitters are grading the staff as well as Dr R. It is unfortunate as the staff is hired by the hospital. All in the Dr office are employees. Even the number of office workers/staff are up to the hospital.
Drs are working under a very tight schedule created by the hospital.
Dr R is an extremely gifted neurosurgeon. You will not find a more compassionate man . All should realize that the majority of spine surgeries are "fair wear and Tear" or old injuries that were not tended to at the time they occurred. There are no artificial joints to install. The surgeon has to work with what is there. A great number of patients are overweight- weight exceeding the spine's support capability. Patients need to remember that we will not be "good as new". A corrective surgery can stabilize a damaged or worn spine, reduce and at times eliminate pain, and restore a better quality of life. We should all appreciate surgeons dr Robinson, Dr Pearson and Dr Haynes. Too often we grade by how much our pain has been reduced or by the efficiency of the staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2740655].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

The first time we saw Dr. R. He told my husband that he would thank him as soon as surgery was over. My husband actually left outpatient surgery in tears and excruciating pain and begging to see doctor. We saw Dr R again in his office and my husband was still in so much pain that he couldn't stand. Dr R did nothing and only told him that the pain would gradually subside. 5 years later, still lives on pain. Never saw Dr R again. When contacting office a n appointment for a follow up was never made

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600466].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Dr Robinson spent 45 minutes explaining what was wrong with my back. He gave me hope of ending pain. My last doctor said nothing else could be done and he would help me get disability. I wanted to be free of pain and enjoy my grandkids. Dr. Robinson operated on my back and it worked great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

There is no better doctor than Dr. Robinson. Very kind and competent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2361211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

My brother stopped walking. He was admitted to Brookwood Hospital. We were told he needed surgery as soon as possible. We never met Dr Robinson until the day before the surgery. My brother was hospitalized over two weeks. Dr Walter Haynes III acted as the go between. I later learned from hospital staff that Dr Haynes always deals with the patients and Dr Robinson does the surgery. I wish it had not been an emergency. I know for a fact those two would not have been selected. I had to follow up with the staff because they 10/10 never returned my calls and my brother has a spinal cord injury. Dr Robinson never respected me enough to talk directly to me. He would tell the receptionist and she would literally walk back and forth from the phone to his office. I asked about managing my brother's symptoms, he said wasn't going to do anything. I asked what to do if he becomes immobile again, she asked him and she relayed his answer which was I DON'T KNOW. The smart answer was call 911.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][452863].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2013

He totally messed my husband up. 3 surgeries in 5 years on L5- S1.. my husband is in constant pain and could hardly walk.. now he is in the hospital with so many problems from this and hasnt walked in 6 days

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][452862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

Very helpful, knowledgeable and has a good bedside manner. Take time to explain procedure to your satistaction. Excellent doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][452861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2012

I went to Dr. Robertson after losing hope for any improvement on my Trigeminal Neuralgia. The last doctor I saw said there was nothing else he could do. Not only was him and his staff more professional, but, he listened to me and gave me some options. I will always be grateful for his help! I recommend him highly!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][452860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2012

Man & his staff are miracle workers. Could not stand-up straight and in alot of pain. He quickly dx. problems and set up a plan to fix. Both surgeries (ACF & PLIF) went without a hitch. His staff were always willing to talk with me or address any issues I might have. On a scale of 1-10...they get a 20!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][452859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2012

Dr. Robinson is one of the best doctors I've ever encountered. He genuinely cares about giving the best treatment possible for his patients. He made me feel very comfortable and at ease about my neck problems. I am now 4 months out from a neck fusion and could not be happier with my results and healing!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][452858].votes_count ]]