Rate Dr. Margaret Penny

Dr. Margaret Penny's Ratings

Dr. Penny is great. The staff is high pressure sales. I prefer to shop around for glasses.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2361218].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Dr. Penny diagnosed my macular degeneration and with a simple pill with lutein it has reversed. I believe in her and trust her implicitly. However, their eyewear line is much too expensive. In February 2012 I had my 2 year visit. That was perfect with the doctor. When I met with the eyewear staff I asked for a copy of my prescription but felt uncomfortable. It is March, 2014, and I did not receive a call from the office for my next visit. I have,always been called in the past. My only reason to go to urban optic is for Dr. Penny otherwise I would not go back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][452991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

i have been with doc penny since i was in grade 5 im now 30 and still with her she is an awesome doc i now take my childern there as well only thing i do not like about her office is that they do no direct bill to my plan and cant afford to pay cash

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][452989].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2012

Dr. Penny is hands down the best eye doctor that I have ever seen. I once moved away and went to another doctor. My contacts and eye site always seemed off. I went back a number of times and never seemed to get it sorted out. Moved back to Calgary and after one appointment my contacts and eye site were much improved!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][452988].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2012

Dr. Penny found and treated my son's eye problem which was severe and undetected by another optometrist. As a teacher, I have recommended her to several students for vision therapy and they have benefited from her expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][452987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Penny for over 10 years. My situation is somewhat unique which has been misdiagnosed several times over the years. Dr Penny was able to understand and work with me immediately and has continued to offer new and innovative approaches. If you are looking for a doctor that has the ability to work with patients with unusual sight issues, Dr Penny is a great choice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][452986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

Dr. Penny has taken care of my family for many years and has always been knowledgeable, professional and punctual.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][452985].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2012

Dr Penny is great. This clinic is however becoming overly concerned with selling product. Once I told them I wanted a trial contact their interest in serving me dropped. In fact the phone call that was promised for that afternoon or the next day never came. It is sad that the professionalism of Dr Penny is compromised by the sales group.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][452984].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

I have been to see Dr Penny a few times after being recommended by a friend. I found she was very professional. I did feel some pressure from staff to purchase that day, but declined as I couldn't decide or afford a pair at the time. I've never had a problem with their office and continue to return. I did call once on the way to an appointment where I turned around due to bad roads (from out of town) and they cancelled no problem and told me to stay safe.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][452983].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2011

Rude staff, insisting on charging us $80 cancellation fee when I couldn't drive in because of -32C....Will not return.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][452982].votes_count ]]