Rate Dr. Amer Karam

Dr. Amer Karam's Ratings

He has frequently lied to me about sending tests that he didn`t and about bad results.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2014 | flag

Because of Dr. Karam telling my grandmother that a certain type of treatment(Avastin) would not make her better, my grandmother refuses to at least try going through with treatment, which means she will have only a few more months to live. She has battled uterine cancer for the past three years. I thought Dr. Karam would be an excellent doctor for her because of what my family members had said about him in the past. Before I flew into California from Maryland, Dr. Karam had told my grandmother about Avastin and how it may be able to stub the growth of her tumors. I'm not sure why he had a sudden change in attitude, but he completely went against what he said in the first place and told my grandma that it would be ineffective. Ok, ladies, yes Dr. Karam is very handsome, but sheesh, don't let that rule your perspective of him.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

Dr. Karam is my doctor. I had a bilateral nipple sparing mastectomy in the summer of 2013. I am a registered nurse who has worked in surgical ICU s for over 14 years. I did a lot of research on this surgery I was very particular on who was going to preform this surgery. I came across Dr.Karam,I read his research looked at his credentials but most of all I read what his former patients had to say about him. They all loved him so much, not only for his gifted skills as a surgeon but his compassion, and I absolutely agree. He was exactly what I wanted,such a important combination for such an emotional surgery. I sent him an email explaining my needs. He replied back within the hour,he was so caring and reassuring I knew this was it, he was my doctor. I made an appointment and flew from South Florida to California. One of the best decisions I ever made was to have him as my surgeon. I had no complications and healed beautifully.I'm very proud to say he is my surgeon.

Submitted June 6, 2014 | flag

I was a patient of Amer Karam, M.D. at UCLA.He is greatly missed.I cannot say enough about this wonderful physician, surgeon, and man.I work in the pathology-know many physicians.But Dr. Karam is “exceptional.”He is not one in a million, but one in a lifetime.Yes, he is really that good. Excellent bedside manner (kind, caring, reassuring, and compassionate), thoughtful (returns calls/emails promptly, never rushes you during an office visit), so “detailed” (read my entire lengthy medical history prior to my initial consult), and a gifted surgeon (performed a minimally-invasive robotic surgery for my 9.2 x 9.2 cm. endometrioma). Dr. Karam is also versed in many disciplines:OB/GYN, Pelvic and Breast Oncology, Robotic Surgery, Palliative and Hospice Care (UCLA). He is quite youthful in his appearance; don’t let that concern you. He is “brilliant.” I will always be both grateful and hold a special place in my heart for this wonderful physician and man.

Submitted May 19, 2014 | flag

Dr. Karam is the best doctor I have ever had! He is a gifted surgeon with an amazing bedside manner. His diagnoses are accurate and he gives you many treatment options. He is kind, caring and compassionate. He spends as much time with you as you need and always returns calls immediately and if there are any post-surgical (or any) problems he works you into his schedule that day! He even calls you on holidays to relay biopsy/test results. I can't say enough positive things about this doctor!

Submitted Nov. 12, 2013 | flag