Dr. Hans E. Bengtson

5 1 2.7

You may also like

Rate Dr. Hans E. Bengtson

Dr. Hans E. Bengtson's Ratings

I have been trying to change pain management Dr.'s since I first had to change to Dr. Bengtson due to switching my health insurance. In my first visit, he demanded that I give him the pain medication that I had from another provider. When I refused, he insisted on going through the meds in the pill bottle and took one of the pills, saying it looked "different." Call me crazy, but if I were so concerned about people following narcotics policy, I would have called the pharmacy that filled the prescription rather than trying to shake down the person in my office. In addition, he and his staff has delayed submitting paperwork, refused to give me prescriptions that were already written and ready to go at the reception desk (just for funsies, I suppose, because it was over the Holidays), and has for months refused to send my medical records to another pain management doctor that I was able to get a referral for. I am unable to work, yet Dr. Bengtson requires that I get two urine drug tests at almost every visit, which is not standard procedure. It also increases the cost of every visit by a minimum of $75 which means that even before I get my pain meds, going to this doctor costs me $110 ($75 urine test + $35 copay).

I live alone and have no relatives in this area, yet have been told I am an "unstable patient" because I have had to cancel appointments. Newsflash, Dr. Bengtson: when you have nobody to drive you to appointments and are too sick to drive, it's better for almost everyone if that appointment is missed and one less impaired driver is on the road. It's not better for someone who values money over human health and welfare and proceeds to retaliate as much as he can.

He also refused to discuss physical therapy and other means of controlling pain. I would love to be able to get stronger and be able to stand, walk, and eventually return to work, but Dr. Bengtson refused to even discuss it, he was to busy treating me as if I am a criminal who wants to traffic pain meds.

I was injured by a drunk driver last year, and currently have a number of "burst" vertebrae and other more simply broken vertebrae and a leg that was re-attached to my body that all cause tremendous pain. One of his own staff looked at my chart and said that (s)he'd never seen somebody in such obvious and genuine pain treated with so little pain medicine. It's obvious that at first glance (I do look more "normal" than many survivors of a head-on collision, until you actually read my chart), this man has chosen to treat me as a medication "seeker" and is more concerned with making as much money as possible and treating me like a criminal rather than treating me as a patient who needs to get better. For the past three months, I have been trying to get his office to send my records to another pain management doctor I have been referred to. I suspect that in addition to delaying further or refusing, he will try to blacklist me with other pain management doctors . With everything I have been through and the amount of suffering I still experience, the fact that this person can affect the quality of my life to this extent is horrifying and a disgusting side-effect of new laws enacted to limit access to narcotics. I pay for insurance, I pay for services rendered, and I am being forced to pay to employ a person who has chosen to do harm.

If you read this, Dr. Bengtson, I don't expect you to feel anything but the urge to make my life even worse by ensuring that I am unable to transfer my business to another pain management doctor. However, your treatment of me has made my life much, much worse. I am already averse to being in medical care, and your demeanor and actions has increased my levels of hopelessness, stress, and anxiety. You have bullied me.

If you are looking for a pain management doctor, it would be best to look elsewhere. This doctor does not care to discuss alternative means of controlling pain, regards patients as income generators, is rude, and in my experience is vengeful.

This is the first experience with a doctor I've ever had that has made me consider legal action. He believes he has a captive audience of people he can mistreat at will, and it looks like TX has allowed him that "freedom."

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2711696].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

Doctor didn't really want to listen to me or make a game plan to work with my pain even referred me to a non arc doctor who is not practing any more but took my 250.00 for no help and 5 mins of his time the state of Texas really needs to look into him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2684299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

Dr. Hans E. Bengtson's response
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you’ve experienced. I believe in partnering with my patients and in bringing other experts on our team when needed. Sometimes referrals to specialists outside of ARC is necessary to ensure the very best care for our patients. I strive to provide my patients with the best healthcare experience possible, and I rely on your feedback to help me determine where improvements are needed. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Dr. Hans Bengtson, MD

Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

Worst doctor experience of my life. This man is the coldest, rudest doctor I have ever seen - and I work in the medical field! Shame on him. Stay away - FAR away!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2542447].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

BEWARE!!!Worst doctor experience of my life! I left his office in tears. Cold, rude and no bedside manners whatsoever. He should not be able to interact with the general public.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2541792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

hes in the wrong job... if your head is not falling off ...he wont help...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2513502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Doctor and staff are terrible. I got stuck with this guy bcs of an insurance change. New record of inhumane treatment. I don't even know if it's legal to treat people this badly. I've heard that is illegal to undermedicate patients I hope someone with a lawyer puts this cold-hearted man in his place.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2513310].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

I've visited dr. Bengston 3 days ago to be treated for fibromyalgia. Dr Bengston prescribed me suboxone. would like to thank him for this this medicine has helped me more than anything i have ever taken. if narcotics are not working for you try this medicine I feel better than I have in years and I suggest this medicine for anyonethat is having a hard time with pain.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2478472].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][453872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2014

This doctor is very unpleasant, a very cold, rude and unfeeling person. I often left his office in tears he would be so mean. It's very sad actually because he is very knowledge. He should not be treating patients, but doing research or something else. I think he must have a miserable life to be the way he is and treat people the way he does.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][453866].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2013

As I do with all doctors that I visit before the first time, I read the reviews online about Dr. Bengston. I had a bad feeling about the negative reviews but since I can't base everyting on other's opinions I went anyway. Wasted my time, gas, and money to be seen by him. He COMPLETELY discounted what was clearly stated in my MRI's as degeneration in the facet joints of my lower lumbar, as was as radicular pain that stems from injuries in auto accidents that leaving me feeling like I have whiplash years after the fact after any sort of strenuous or mildly strenuous activity. He offered me Suboxone, which I have had horrid side effects from (nightmares and global headaches) and prescribed a PATCH with the same main ingredient. He told me that if I didn't like what he had to offer that this wasn't the right "clinic" for me. All this guy is doing is earning a paycheck. He is not here to help you. Want real help? Do some research and find someone else. Make lots of phone calls.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][453871].votes_count ]]