Rate Dr. Alexander M. Mason

Dr. Alexander M. Mason's Ratings

When Dr. Mason described the statistics on my back surgery he cited the chance of surgery being unsuccessful as 5%. Immediately before the surgery he cited them as 10%. I may be an outlier, but my surgery was unsuccessful. Additionally, I never saw Dr. Mason after my surgery, even though I continued to receive care for over a year. It wasn't until over a year after my surgery that the PA told me he had noticed an indication of nerve damage during the surgery, indicating that the surgery would not fix my problem. I spent over a year recovering, doing physical therapy, and trying to recover from surgery. Now, in addition to my back and leg pain, I also have complication from the surgery (cutting through muscle and tendons). Dr. Mason is very nice, but I am definitely not pleased with my treatment and outcome, especially since they waited over a year to tell me that I had nerve pain and the surgery would not resolve my problem.

Submitted July 13, 2014 | flag

I have no comment, the above rating scale speaks for itself.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2014 | flag

Dr. Mason, his PAs, and staff were all very professional and provided excellent care from evaluation through post op.

Submitted Oct. 11, 2013 | flag

Dr Mason and his office staff were wonderful. Everything was explained, services were prompt, cordial and invested. My quality of life has improved beyond my expections; pain is gone. I'm only sorry I waited so long to have surgery done. I like his repution for conservative treatment.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2013 | flag

You will NEVER find a more compassionate and knowledgeable staff. After suffering for over 2 years with Trigiminal nerve pain,they knew what was exactly wrong and were very forth coming with the truth about what I would be facing. The entire staff is very very caring and Dr Mason and all his PAs were very concerned with my healing. I was at the end of my rope and they gave me a knot and let me hold on. I have a long way to go but they were honest and told me that. I have the utmost respect for all of them and I would recommend them to anyone who is suffering any kind of nerve pain.

Submitted July 3, 2013 | flag

Very professional, caring, knowledgeable and great communication skills.

Submitted June 4, 2013 | flag

Dr. Mason performed surgery that gave me back my ability to do daily tasks and have a normal life

Submitted May 8, 2013 | flag

Dr. Mason and his staff were extremely helpful, patient and supportive. I never felt rushed and I always felt like they put my needs first. I was very impressed with Dr. Mason's bedside manner. My surgery had to be canceled unexpectedly, not only did he have his PA come and talk to me he called me personally the next day to reschedule the surgery.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2013 | flag

Dr Mason and his staff demonstrated both a high level of concern and a bery professional manner and approach treating my lower back problems. I appreciated the conservative, methodical process they suggested. Surgery was the ultimate result and the results were fantastic. Both my wife and I were very pleased with our experience; I highly recommend Dr Mason and his staff!

Submitted Jan. 8, 2013 | flag

I felt that Dr. Mason was very caring and he had a great sense of humor! Plus my neck feels great!

Submitted Jan. 3, 2013 | flag