Dr. Nida K. Laurin

Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. Nida K. Laurin has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurologist-related: nervous system, epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, dementia, stroke, myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, peripheral neuropathy, neuromuscular disorders, sleep disorders
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5570827
19/06/14 1 5 5 5 Dr. Laurin was wonderful as well as knowledgeable in her field. The office staff however (excluding Paige) has been rude from the very first time I called to make an appointment. After my first appointment I was scheduled for a nerve test a month out. A week before my appointment they call and say they have to reschedule me into the next month because the claim they sent to my insurance company for my first appointment has not come back yet. My options were to pay for the first appointment up front, along with the cost of my nerve test in order to keep my appointment, or schedule into the next month. I don't believe a patient should ever be inconveneinced because the claim process is slow.
RID: 5552576
10/06/14 1 1 3 5 Doctor's qualifications and capabilities are sufficient, but office staff and policy are poor. Both front desk and phone answering staff are rude and unaccommodating, and need to learn how to properly deal with customers. There are too many choices out there to stick with one doctor who has rude staff.
Respond

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 1.5

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Nida" to "Nida K."
RID: 2669408
03/06/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Laurin , is very caring and easy to talk to. She asked question's about your personal life to see how it impacts your current medical issue's. She is a straight talker and spends actual time with you .Dr Laurin is extremely knowledgeable and does not do unnecessary testing . I have gone to her for five years with and without insurance , she is always happy to call in medication if I find a better price . Her staff is very responsive and often gets me in Same Day if I have a horrible migraine . As a business owner , I appreciate the consistent quality of service I receive with Dr Laurin
Paid (or co-pay): $150
RID: 1662471
15/12/11 5 5 5 5 Patients hear what they want to hear. No Doctor in their right mind would ever give a medication to a patient to PURPOSELY make them sick. And if the old medication worked in the first place then why search for a different one. The staff at this office is extremely helpful and very kind, they always return calls, they help with medication reminders and think about the patients first. I would definately recommend this doctor.
RID: 1646458

29/11/11 1 2 2 2 Staff was horrible and extremely rude. The Dr. had no clue on why I have nerve pain and kept saying it was headache. Gave me medication that made me terribly sick. When I asked for the medication I was on before she finally said yes once I was sick on the previous medication. I would not ever recommend this Dr to anyone.
RID: 1551863
02/10/11 5 5 5 5 Diagnosed with Epilepsy 7 years ago, I have been through 8 Neurologist trying to find a compassionate one...well; I guess I saved the best for last! Dr. Laurin has been my Neurologist for over a year and is FANTASTIC, honest, and welcomes patient input instead of being threatened by it. In the in this leads to higher-quality medical care for her patients.
RID: 1438472
11/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Laurin is wonderful as is her staff. Very knowledgeable, professional, caring. She is the best!
RID: 1425616
26/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Laurin is extremely professional and even went about and beyond my seizure and helped me with another ailment I had, a nerve injury. She took the time to do a full exam and recommended actions I should take with other doctors before my injury got worse. She actually cares. I would recommend her to anyone.
RID: 1407486
05/04/11 5 5 5 5 She was able to treat and eliminate my husband's severe head/neck pain when no one else could. Absolutely highly recommend!
RID: 868405
23/04/09 5 5 5 5 I have M.S.,I am now on the right track with my treatment, and I love her staff. I searched for a long time to find a doctor with the experience and training that I found with Dr. Laurin.
RID: 854059
06/04/09 5 5 5 5 I had been looking for a doctor to manage my baclofen pump, Dr. Laurin was great and so was the staff.