Rate Dr. Christopher Jyu

Dr. Christopher Jyu's Ratings

07/31/14 at 1.00pm, Rouge Valley Hospital Walk-in-Clinic....This Dr. was about an hr. late. Arrived in shorts and T.Shirt (unacceptable for a Dr.) The Receptionist proceeded to take patients each to room. I then heard him yelling loudly to the patient he was seeing. I had never experienced anything like that. He then came to see why I was there and when I started to explain he did the same thing to me. I was trying to explain that I had been up north and had to see a Dr. at the local hospital. He yelled at me to Focus, Focus Focus on only telling him how I felt that day. This happened twice. He then looked into my mouth, saw nothing and I left. Horrible experience. Will never go back there. This man should be reprimanded severely in my estimation as do many others who were there that same day. I am 80yrs. and hope that no one ever has to be on the receiving end of this man's insulting tones and words.Hopefully this clinic can hire a better Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2478482].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2014

I will report this doctor to the College of Physicians. My 80 year old mother went to see him yesterday. He was 1 hour late arriving to the clinic. There were several people waiting and most spoke amongst themselves before going into see him. Upon his arrival the secretary put everyone in an exam room to wait for the doctor. My mother said she heard raised voices in each room before he came to her. Once in the room with her he asked what the problem was and when she went to explain he yelled her name 3 times and said he did not want to hear about her having recently been to the emergency dept while up at our cottage. She needed to tell that part of it so he could understand what was wrong. she tried again to say what was wrong and he continued to yell at her. She got up and left and received no treatment. In the lobby of the hospital, she met the others who had been in the waiting room and they were all upset by his manner. What an appalling excuse for a doctor!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2478481].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2014

The Dr does not take time with patients. He is always in a rush. He was supposed to complete a physical examination form for my son and he did not do any testing. He only filled the form. I asked him a question and he did not answer it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2361345].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

I was a patient of his late sister Dr Taam(RIP)for a long time. Dr Jyu is very rude, has no bedside manners and is usually late arriving at his office. He treats patients very badly, shouting at them so that others in the waiting room can hear what he is saying. He treats his assistant very poorly and why she stays with him, I cannot understand. He misdiagnosed my husband, claiming he had a serious disease. Although, he did refer my husband to a specialist who conducted no testing of his own. The specialist went along with the original diagnosis. Second, third and fourth opinions proved him absolutely wrong. When he was told about the other opinions, he was not pleased, claiming that the other doctors are idiots. Needless to say we are no longer his patients. He needs major attitude adjustments towards his patients and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2361344].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

Dr. Jyu does not spend too much time with his patients. He tends to rush through his appointments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][455060].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2014

I went to this Dr at Rouge Valley Hospital. He is by the far the rudest doctor I have ever been. He raised his voice at him, his tone was unacceptable. I really wonder why the college has not done anything about him- I hope the college realizes that non technical skills are equally important for patient safety. For instance, he did not listen to anything I said. He in fact spoke to me only in a raised voice. He talks to you as if he could not care less and he was doing some voluntary work- going out of his way. He seriously has an issue when it comes to communication and is not a caring physician. He asked me how long I had the cough for- I went to him because I was in a pretty bad shape, I mumbled since Wednesday I think. Then he YELLED' HOW MANY DAYS IS THAT!!! If I was not sick, I would probably have told him off. I didnt even say thank you to him. Seriously, who keeps on renewing his licence. I hope he reads these, but he did not come across as that type!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][455061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2013

He is a good Dr.wants to help you and find you the best treatment.staff is great.I love the paintings in the waiting room.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][455059].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2013

I visited Dr Jyu once when my son was sick and can say only good words to his address. He is serious, confident, excellent and very responsible doctor. I saw a lot of very "polite" and talkative doctors, but unfortunately they are stupid. God Bless Dr. Jyu!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][455058].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

This Doctor is an absolute animal. His bed side manner is so violent. I have witnessed his screaming at his assistance and patients. He must be stopped from practising.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][455057].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

Ive been a patient of Dr Jyu many years, since he took over the practice from his late sister. I like his bed side manner, and his straight forward approach to my questions. His secretary is a bit of an airhead and one can see he gets frustrated with her but she does her job well enough. My husband and children also see Dr Jyu and we are all very pleased with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][455056].votes_count ]]