Dr. Steven A. Mantegari

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. Steven A. Mantegari has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Oral Surgeon-related: dental implants, tooth removal, TMJ, jaw surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Steven" to "Steven A."

26/09/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "KANSAS CITY" to "Independence"
RID: 2542001
26/01/13 3 5 5 5 Arrived for three extractions, including one wisdom. Dr Mantegari was very accomodating with my questions and concerns. However once the procedure started the two women assisting seemed rushed, and even flustered when they couldn't find a vein for IV. This really frightened me. I was pretty scared as I faded into la-la-land. (in all fairness I must mention I was on nitrous by then and it can cause a certain "time dilation" and feeling of loss-of-control) The rest is all good. I've had previous extractions and Dr. M seems to do beautiful work. Its like he knew where the eject buttons were. Healed quickly - no probs whatsoever. Downside: I was a cash patient ... $$$  Respond
RID: 1552579
03/10/11 5 5 5 5 I was completely freaked out about having my wisdom teeth extracted! I had never been sedated before and I was extremely fearful of the pain I might incur. The entire staff was caring and compassionate and never made me feel badly for being anxious and scared. Dr Mantegari is extremely professional and catered to my special requests. He made me feel comfortable and was informative every step of the way. There was absolutely no discomfort, minimal pain (after) and no swelling at all. I had noting to be afraid of! I was in good hands! I am confident recommending Dr Mantegari and his team of professionals and will certainly return in the event I myself am ever in need of additional oral surgery!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1533162
08/09/11 5 5 5 5 When I arrived I had some anxieties about having my wisdom tooth removed, since I had never had a tooth extracted before. The staff at the front desk assured me that Dr. Mantegari was the best and that it would be very quick and as close to painless as possible. They were very friendly and answered all of my questions which made me feel more at ease. When I was brought back (on time) the proceedure was explained thoroughly and was again assured that the Dr. was the best. I laid back, put my headphones on and within 30 minutes my tooth was gone. Just as I was informed, it was possibly the BEST dentist visit I have EVER had. Dr. Mantegari was very quick and indeed it was as close to painless as I could have ever imagined! I only felt one shot which was in the roof of my mouth and a tiny bit of pressure! I have had very little swelling and Absolutely NO pain what so ever since leaving his office! I will only go to Dr. Mantegari from now on! He is in fact THE BEST Oral Surgeon there is!
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1449389
25/05/11 4 4 5 5 Pulled wisdom tooth, went super smoothly. Dr. Mantegari did a great job and less than 48 hours later I feel fantastic. The extraction took less than 5 minutes (not counting the numbing wait time).
Paid (or co-pay): $22
RID: 1405415
03/04/11 5 5 5 5 Very nice!!!! Highly recommend. I got four wisdom teeth pulled, had little swelling and hardly any pain, I didn't even have to use my pain meds. His staff is very sweet and this experience was a breeze!
Paid (or co-pay): $461
RID: 1391695
19/03/11 5 5 5 5 Very pleasant doctor made me feel very comfortable in a time of stress
Insurance: Delta Dental
Paid (or co-pay): $200
RID: 1329542
06/01/11 5 5 5 5 I'm so grateful to Dr.Mantegari and his staff! He did my implant which insurance didn't cover. He gave me a 25% discount!! I was very nervous and he and his staff but my fears to ease. I highly recommend him for any oral surgery needs. Was reading his background information while waiting. Credintials were amazing he is an awsome surgeon!!
Insurance: Assurant
RID: 1329482
06/01/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Mantegari spent a great deal of time explaining my options and made me feel very comfortable. I would return to Dr.Montegari anytime. The best oral surgeon I have been to.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1321031
25/12/10 1 3 1 2 I went in there for a scheduled consultation and before I was asked about anything else, I was told to provide proof of insurance and aked how I would be making up the difference. I left without seeing the dentist. I would rather keep impacted wisdom teeth for a few more days than leave a penny for this staff.
Insurance: Delta Dental
RID: 1281468
28/10/10 5 5 5 5 The office staff was wonderful and the doctor is great. I felt very comfortable under their care. The co-pay seemed very fair for the procedure. I wound up getting dry socket and was able to come in the morning after the day I complained. I was quickly tended to and left in a matter of minutes at no expense. I would use these guys again if necessary.  Respond
RID: 1263585
02/10/10 5 5 5 5 If I have any kind the problems in future I will go again to see Dr.Mantegari. Very nice doctor, excellente customer service. Don't worry to go there, I was and when I saw the service it tchanged my opinion. Thanks Dr. Mantegari for your good service! Samira Debban
Respond

04/04/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1117731
01/03/10 1 2 1 1 Possibly the worst service for oral surgery in Jax. Very unfriendly and unhelpful staff. Quoted one price then tried to increase it by 30% when I arrived. Assistant was as close to clueless as you can get and couldn't answer basic questions. Mantegari rushed in and out of the room. Next dollar (oops, I mean patient) waiting I guess. Much better service and staff when Dr. Kahn was with Smile Care. I'll take my business elsewhere in the future.  Respond
RID: 1098293
04/02/10 1 3 1 1 Never got to see the doctor. Office staff were rude, rude, rude. They didn't care about the terrible pain I was in and had been in for the past 2 weeks. Their only concern was money! Totally unprofessional. I went off on them but it was because I was in so much pain. What a horrible bunch these people are. The doctor never came up front to see why the staff kicked me out of their office. There's a place in hell for the snobby insurance lady, I have no doubt!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1070616
06/01/10 5 5 5 5 No words can say for how wounderful Dr Mantegari and his staff are . would not go anywhere else
RID: 987003
14/09/09 5 5 5 5 I would definitely recommend Dr. Montegari for oral surgery. He did a excellent job on my tooth plant.  Respond