You may also like

Rate Dr. Cory Torgerson

Dr. Cory Torgerson's Ratings

I visited the offices of Dr. Cory Torgnson in the fall of 2013 to inquire about some work I wanted done. As soon as I walked into the office for my appt. I was greeted with such professionalism. The staff were so welcoming and made my nervousness disappear within seconds. The office itself is very warm and welcoming. I met with Cory and he was so professional and soothing at the same time.
After the initial consultation and pre-work photos of before and after shots he took of me and what he was capable of performing I was sold. I scheduled my rhinoplasty.
My operation went well and after the initial healing process, I felt like a new man. I am no spring chicken and I have been pondering on this procedure for years. I did loads of research to ensure I had picked the right person to perform my procedures. The follow-up appointments and courtesy that Cory and his staff provided are second to none.
Dr. Torgenson is an artist and is as much concerned and excited about his work of art as I was. He is sincere, concerned, professional and I highly recommend him for his services.
Kudo's to all at Dr. Torgenson's office for their ongoing commitment, follow-ups and personal attention. I have never experienced anything like this in my life and it made the procedures so much more enjoyable and tolerable, I feel like they are family. :)

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2759359].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Beautiful office but he’s a very ugly person inside. He seemed very nice at our first meeting. I went to see him for lip augmentation. Got my lip injected with juviderm 3 weeks ago and my lips looked very asymmetrical as soon as he did it. When I looked at myself in the mirror I was traumatized and mentioned the asymmetrical look to him. He said it is swollen and it will go down in a few days. Two weeks later, I went back to him and told him to please fix my lips as I’m getting married in May and my face looks so ridiculous. I have the asymmetrical duck face look. Dr Torgerson denied it and said it looks beautiful. He became so hostile when I insisted and told me my lips was asymmetrical even before I went to him. It finally got so awkward that I had to leave the office. I could not believe I was interacting with the same person as I did the first time I met him. I would definitely not recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2758920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Dr. Torgerson followed me every 2-3 months over a 10 month period. I went to him due to chronic sore throat. As several others on this site, he advised me that this was related to reflux. However, my sore throat persisted for months despite using medication that Dr. Torgerson prescribed for reflux and despite a resolution to my stomach symptoms. I regularly questioned him regarding his diagnosis however he assure me it was reflux. Nine months later, after a lymph node swelled in my neck and after my throat symptoms became more severe, I was diagnosed with a malignant throat tumour by another doctor. Dr. Torgerson, in my view, not only misdiagnosed me but failed to provide prudent and careful assessment of my condition which led to my cancer being missed for months and spreading to my cervical lymph node. He did NOT see a 2.3 cm tumour in my throat when he scoped me even DAYS before a MRI revealed it was there. I would not recommend him as an ENT physician. This is based on my experience of his failure to reconsider his diagnosis in the face of evidence that his diagnosis and assessment of my symptoms was likely incorrect. It is also based on my experience that in his hurried approach he did not scope me carefully or frequently enough. Clearly, for me, his approach had very serious consequences. A patient should expect a much higher level of care from a physician.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2752509].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 19, 2015

I went to Dr. T for a nose job and he made me look like a monster. I was unable to breath properly after the surgery. Before doing the surgery he was super nice but he turned in to a beast after he got paid. All he really cares about is money. When I told him I had difficulty breathing, he advised me to exercise deep breathing. Is that a joke?!
Biggest mistake of my life. It's been over a year and I have been going through so much psychological distress because of him. Going to him was the biggest mistake of my life.

Was this rating useful? 7 [[ userState['ratings'][2748580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

Most amazing plastic surgeon ever!!!! Friendly and helpful staff and Dr Torgerson is fantastic. I had chin augmentation and could not be more pleased with the results. He is honest and not pushy (unless he is telling you to quit smoking) 😜 what's funny is he said people will not realize that I got a chin implant but they will notice something different. It's totally true.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2737801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

As the ratings below indicate, this doctor has about a 50% success rate, and when he makes mistakes he becomes very hostile towards his patients. He prescribed acid medication for me due to congestion in the nose and throat, but put me on a massive dose that caused severe stomach pain. When I complained, he stormed out of the room. Not a good experience.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2734816].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

He mumbled. Something about.acid.reflux,which.seemed.odd,since.I have.a.tumor in my neck.next.thing.he.sticks.a.biopsy. syringe in.tumor,with NO warning.I.seemed to be.interrupting his future face.lift appts.I left.knowing I could.have.cancer..or.not.either.way,surgery was necessary. Receptionist was more.help to my state of.mind.the office.was.cold,all.in.white.hope.the.referred.surgeon is warmer twds.me...

Was this rating useful? 10 [[ userState['ratings'][2730227].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

Went to Dr. Torgerson for ear pain that I've been experiencing. Just like another comment, he right away said it was acid reflux causing my ear pain and prescribed me some PPIs. It really does seem like his go to diagnosis. Other than that his personality is horrendous. He starts off as nice but quickly turns into another person.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2725956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

I have only consulted with Dr. Torgerson so far, but my experience has been very good. He is not pushy, does not overplay the possible results and does not cut corners in preparation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2683831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

I had a bad experience with Restylane injection in the tear trough area. Immediately after injection the area was swollen, bruised and lumpy. I took some Benedryl and put a cold pack on the area. I had contacted Dr. Torgerson's office and the staff seemed annoyed. I then went in to see Dr. T. and he simply put make up on the area. The area continued to swell several times throughout the year and I had to wear sunglasses for several days throughout and put cold pack on it. I went in one year later again to discuss this area and the reaction I had had and another injection was made underneath the eye area (not even the tear trough). Again, a very visible lump ! This was absolutely unnecessary procedure and did not get rid of the hollow underneath the eye. I did some research and consulted other surgeons. They mentioned the area looked awful, weird as they put it and it did. The right thing to do was to dissolve the Restylane immediately, rather than put make up on it and inject under the muscle and the dark areas were as a result of TYNDALE, topical injection. This is a very delicate area. Should only be attempted by experts in this area, not ever surgeon can do this. Shop around first and do your research. I now know better.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2661360].votes_count ]]