Rate Dr. Cory Torgerson

Dr. Cory Torgerson's Ratings

Dr. Torgerson is a skilled and well trained ENT who specializes in facial plastic. From reading many of the comments bellow I worry that many of the posters have not given enough time for recovery to properly judge Dr. Torgerson's work. From my experience, it took many months for the swelling to completely dissolve which is expected from any form of surgery and is not the fault of Dr. Torgerson but just a natural reality. You won't look like Brad Pitt 1 week post surgery. Personally, I have always enjoyed dealing with Dr. Torgerson and his lovely staff and the results are exceptional!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2655565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

The office and staff are friendly. However, I had a terrible experience with fillers under the eyes, swollen, bruising, lumpiness, it actually looked worse. I could feel the negative reaction immediately. I called Dr. T and staff and they didn't seem too alarmed, just put ice on it they said. It was bruised for 4 days, went back in and he simply applied foundation to the bruised and swollen area. He should have offered to dissolve the filler. I had to go to the emergency as well. The swollen area was so great, I couldn't see. I looked like I had a major stroke. My family was quite worried. After doing some research, I realized the filler should have been injected under the muscle, not topically, that would explain the lumpiness, swollen and permanently dark area. Now I'm scared and won't let another surgeon do any further procedures. If not done correctly, fillers look worse ! It's been 1.5 years and the filler underneath my eyes still haven't dissolved. I still have lumps.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2652363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

This man is HORRIBLE he destroyed two years of my life and I still have anxiety
Over the procedure
He is ONLY out for money and will do or
Say anything to please you
God forbid things go wrong, you'll never
Hear from him again
The college should take his license away!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2650909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

I was referred to Dr Torgerson three years from a friend who had rhinoplasty. she looked beautiful and I had faith that Dr Torgerson would do a good job on me. My husband came to my initial visit and two procedures were booked, rhinoplasty for me and and eye lift for my husband. both procedures went well and we were happy with the results. Since then I have been seeing Dr Torgerson for annual maintenance... Botox and fillers. I also have had a laser procedure to remove my years of acne scars. Dr Torgerson has always listened to my specific wants and I am extremely confident and rely on his knowledge and level of perfectionism . Today, my eighteen year old daughter and myself get asked if we are sisters! I look younger and feel more confident.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2643415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

Dr. Torgerson is only worried about his own self image and not his patients. I had a nose job to correct a septum and now I can't even feel my nose. It is numb and cold it has been 12 months ago and now he cant help! My advice is to stay away and be happy with what you have have or find someone with years of experience that can be really honest. He is not an honest person. Read all the risks associated before signing!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2626218].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

Torgerson is NOT A PLASTIC SURGEON but an E.N.T. guy who IS allowed to say he is a "cosmetic surgeon." He lacks experience and his work in inconsistent. His personality reveals a greedy, disingenuous sod. He does have a GREAT marketing consultant and that is why so many are fooled.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2620591].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2014

I had my nose done by him and that was the biggest mistake I ever made, he didn't get the job done the first time so I had to go back again because one side of my noose was almost gone so he put an implant in my nose now I have breathing problems and my nose looks awful. And I tried to contact him after and he pretty much said if I can't afford to pay for another noaejob there is nothing he can do about it. I wish I had never done this now I look awful and can't even breath and it coat me so much.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2620381].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2014

Be very carful. This Doctor is not a good communicater and he is very elusive. Be sure to ask all questions regarding all the risks associated to his procedures. It is truly about money. Be the judge for yourself , he is definitley not geniune and he comes across very fake. Knowledge wise I agree he is not the best, and he will say anything to please you. If you are looking to do any Rhinoplasty, see someone who has years of experience and goes over all the associated risks.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2607426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

Dr. Torgerson may be presumed to be the '90210' doctor through the appearance of his office, friendliness of his secretaries and perfection of his own face - however, there is more then meets the eye with this doctor. Dr. Torgerson is definitely not the doctor in Toronto you would want to see if you were considering any cosmetic procedures, especially rhinoplasty. After making one of the worst decisions of my life I am still in distress. This doctor is a terrible communicator who does not know how to set expectations. Secondly, his technique is still weak as he is rather new and if you criticize it he turns into a completely different person. Thirdly, the only thing he is in for is the money and if you're smart enough you can catch on to his phoniness. I will say however his marketing skills are excellent aswell as his secretaries.

Was this rating useful? 8 [[ userState['ratings'][2514966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

I wanted to share my experience with Dr Torgerson.

A few months ago, through a family friend, I was referred to Dr. Torgerson. Our family friend stated that Dr. Torgerson "is one of the leading facial cosmetic surgeons in Canada" and "an expert surgeon". With such a strong statement, I thought I would take the chance and see for myself; plus, I had always wanted to get some work done, and I thought I would take the opportunity to see what that would entail.

On the day of my consult, I became impressed by the warm hospitable welcome I received from the secretaries at the front. They were really nice, courteous, and welcoming. They even called a day earlier to remind of my appointment, which I thought was a nice gesture. I was even impressed that Dr Torgerson came out himself and greeted me before taking me to the consultation room. Right from that moment I could tell that he really is an expert facial cosmetic surgeon. Very well dressed, very well spoken, extremely professional, understanding of my needs and a nice warm smile.

The same day, during the consult, Dr Torgerson offered to take some pictures to provide a realistic preview of what the resulting procedures would look like. After seeing the 3rd imaging, hearing Dr Torgerson's explanations, and recommendations, I was sold. Dr Torgerson's direction was exactly what I was looking for. I ended up booking the surgeries that same day; these included: rhinoplasty, chin implant, otoplasty (bi-lateral), blepharoplasty (upper-bilateral), iPixel with Erbium (Face & Neck).

After booking the surgeries, the two secretaries at the front were really helpful in explaining preliminary medical check-ups I had to do. The process was really simple, I was able to get all of these done at a walk-in clinic on a saturday afternoon. Once the preliminary medical check-ups were completed, I had my final consult with Dr. Torgerson and everything was ready for the final step.

After the surgery, I must say I was happy from the first day. Even though I was in some pain and discomfort I was existed for the results. I could tell that it was going to look amazing. Now, when I look in the mirror and see the results, I cant help but think how stunning I look. Dr Torgerson is extremely talented, he gave me exactly what I wanted, and with his exceptional team delivered the results.

Thanks Dr T.