Rate Dr. Amy Sorensen

Dr. Amy Sorensen's Ratings

Dr. Sorensen is very knowledgeable, but I was really disappointed with the professional loyalty she showed to another pulmonologist who has done nothing to help my mother in over two years of visits. Dr. Sorensen even went so far as to contradict herself with regard to the other doctor's diagnosis and prescribed medicine. (The other pulmonogist diagnosed COPD; Dr. Sorensen diagnosed RLD, which has symtoms opposite to those of COPD. She stated the medicine prescribed for COPD (Xopenex) would not help RLD, yet wrote on the patient instructions sheet that my mom should continue with Xopenex, as prescribed by her other doctor. Note: He prescribed this medicine only after I complained that nothing was being done to alleviate my mom's dyspnea. I guess my mom is supposed to take a medicine that won't even help her so the prescribing doctor isn't offended? I won't take my mom to Dr. Sorensen again because it seems she cares more about professional loyalty than she does about the patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][456479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

Dr. Sorensen is an awesome doctor. She is very smart and will spend as much time with you as you need. Unfortunately she couldn't fix or solve my problem, but she tried everything imaginable to do so. I definitely recommend her as a pulmonologist, she's the only one out of 5 i've had, that I actually believed cared about my problem, and believed it existed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][456478].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2009

Dr. Sorensen is awesome. She seems to care so much about her patients. She is not rushed and spends a long time in the room with me whenever I see her. She is very thorough. Even though she is a pulmonologist, she will treat you as a whole person. I would recommend her to everyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][456477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

Very professional and friendly. Extremely in-depth exam. Spent a lot of time with me. Staff also very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][456476].votes_count ]]