Rate Dr. Nizar Bahlis

Dr. Nizar Bahlis's Ratings

What a Man, his life is dedicated to his patients, he is on the cutting edge of all the new treatments, he goes above and beyond his profession, he has tried for 4 years to keep my husband well, sometimes it works other times it does not, but he is willing to always look for another solution, we are coming to the end of what is on offer, but even though we are in out last month he still gave us the dignity of explaining to us that time is running out. Thank you Dr Bahlis

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1236806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

We lost our sister t o Multple Myeloma less than two years after diagnosis. Dr. Bahlis was unfailingly optimistic about possible treatment outcomes, to the point where he waited too long to guide us to paliative care. Some members of the hematology team were not knowledgable about what treatments are available to a person who has days or hours to live. Because of their lack of this information, or unwillingness to communicate with our familyWe learned too late that end stage multiple myeloma patients CAN receive chemotherapy , blood transfusions, oxygen etc. Antipsychotic medications can also help the sick person suffer less as the disease takes over. It is wonderful to be hopeful, and Dr. Bahlis helped my sister in that way. It would be wonderful if hematology could work together with paliative care to reduce the suffering when death is close.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1236805].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

If it were not for this man my husband would have died from his multiple myeloma 2 years ago .Dr Bahlis is never on time but he is worth the wait and I consider my husband is in extremely capable hands and is enjoying 100 percent remission because of this team at Tom Baker Cancer Hospital .We are very grateful to Dr Bahlis and his wife Dr Paula for the complete turnaround in my husbands health .Thanks and Bless you .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1236804].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

If you want someone who CARES and is very Knowledgeable the Dr. Bahlis is your man. The entire team at the Tom Baker centre are absoluetly the best I have ever seen. I have always been looked after with a smile and a pat on the back or a hug when really needed. As a patient or with my needed care giver only the best treatment fron the best team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1236803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2011

Dr Bahlis should be an example to all hospital staff on bedside compassion. Dr. Bahlis represent a positive outlook to patients that are very ill and gives them hope to fight for a better outcome. Dr Bahliss Thank you for your knowledge, hard work and dedication.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1236802].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2010

The only thing i can do is thank you Dr Bahlis. the best and most caring Doctor i ever met

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1236801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2010

I have finally found a Doctor and a health team who actually care about a patient. I have yet to ever be told they do not have time to listen or repond to any concerns or issues. This team cares ans Dr. Bahlis is always their when you need him. Even had visits on long weekends to check how I was doing. Not just a rush in and out but a sit down and talk. I am EXTREMELY SATISFIED with Dr. Bahlis's care and the positive attitude of everyone at the TOM BAKER CENTER.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1236800].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010

there's no reason not to like this doctor.my husband has been seeing him for the past 5 yrs and he's always been pleasant, knowlegeable and a very caring person. good job doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1236799].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2010

Amazing doctor. Probably not on time appointments because when you enter his office his focus is on the patient. He is very kind and compassionate. Takes the time to fully explain everything. If you can be so lucky and have him as your doctor be well assured that you will be looked after 100%.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1236798].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2009

I found Dr. Bahlis to be very good and very much in demand. Came highly recommended by a lot of patients. Though appointments are ussually late,it is very understandable as he works long hours under a huge caseload. Staff is great and always willing to help,Nazir takes time to explain the whats and whys of treatment, and is a kind and compassionate doctor. I'm greatfull to be a patient of his.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1236797].votes_count ]]