Rate Dr. Stephen Brodovsky

Dr. Stephen Brodovsky's Ratings

I am very grateful for Dr. Brodovsky and his expertise. I recently had two cataract surgeries / lense implants and my very poor vision (due to severe near sightedness and retinal detachments) was completely turned around after my procedures by Dr. Brodovsky. I was referred to him because "he is the best" and I concur. Skilled, knowledgeable and competent. His sense of humour is also a plus.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1237014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2013

I've been seeing this Dr for about 5 years now, and I am totally satisfied with his care. My condition is quite delicate and frustrating on the best of days. Whenever I have had a flare up and needed to see him right away, his staff have fit me in within 24 hours. Even my first appointment was a referrel from another opthamologist because he couldnt figure out the cause of my eye problems. Dr Brodovsky was able to get me on medication right away to control the symptoms, as well as assist with long term solutions and preventitive measures. He was also very good at explaining the warning signs of when I could potentially have another flare-up and what to do when I saw them. His staff is always very kind and friendly, and his main receptionist knows my voice immediately when I call (which just adds a little personal touch).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1237013].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2013

Dr. Brodovsky operated on my father to remove cataracts from both eyes. He was warm and friendly, with a bit of a dry sense of humour. My father who is 90 years old, trusted him immediately and found him to be open to answering questions. Examinations were comprehensive and thorough. Both operations were successful and skillfully done. Because we were from out of town, Dr. Brodovsky made special arrangements for follow-up. This is a very busy practice, with front desk staff being run off their feet. They were still polite and answered all questions and concerns presented to them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1237012].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Doctor is wonderful, really makes you feel comfortable and is always smiling. His one receptionist however is very rude and not welcoming. She should understand that it maybe be routine for her, we are visitors. Lighten up, be friendly

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1237011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

I had cataracts and had both done by Dr.Brodovsky about 3 years apart. In both cases, everything went absolutely perfect. Both the office staff and nursing staff were superb, and went out of their way to make sure I was accommodated in every way. He is very busy, but was always right on time, listened to my concerns, and made sure I understood the options I had and carefully explained the processes and procedures. the conditions. Recently I saw him for my last checkup as my eyes are now "healthy and normal". The operations went very well, he was very communicative throughout (I chose not to have sedation, and I found the experience fascinating) and the staff explained everything as they went along. All in all, while I hate having to have had to suffer the ailment and undergo surgery, it could not have possibly gone better. I have never experienced 20/20 vision in my life as I always wore glasses, and now all I need is some reading glasses when the print is really tiny. Thanks to all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1237010].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2013

a saint. walks on water. changes pop bottle glasses into dollar store reading glasses. wow. magic. just wearing dollar store reading glasses. i was warned about the difficulty level in my case but none came true.i can just see plane and simple.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1237009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2012

I have occular rosatia and although he diagnosed it and ended up giving me a medicine that worked (maxidex in eyedrop form) I found out 3 years later (a week ago) that the drops he was prescribing me actually were never intended for long term use! they cause hair thinning (which I have), melting of the cornea, other eye problems and even cancer and death! and he never EVER told me these things. So I have stopped using Maxidex. I found these things out on my own which is not right, he should have told me. The staff don't care and are lazy, the waiting time is ridiculous (I once had to wait 2 hours past my appointment time to be seen) and rarely, if ever on time. And the Dr is also tardy and mean. I asked about potential causes of my illness and it looked as if he was trying not to laugh! Im 21 and I would NEVER recommend this man to ANYONE. He doesn't care about you so don't waste your time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1237008].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2012

I found him unkind. He made me feel as if I was wasting his time. I expected him to be more professional. He made me very upset.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1237007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2012

Wonderful Doctor and Surgeon......referred to him for Fuch's Corneal Dystrophy.....very knowledgeable and compassionate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1237006].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2012

Clearly a professionsl!!! Had a lens implant in left eye in July 2011 and another lens implant in right eye Dec 2011. Extremely pleased with both outcomes. Excellent Doctor. Highly recommended. Thanks to my Opthalmologist Dr. Marilyn Ekins for referring me to Dr. Brodovsky

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1237005].votes_count ]]