Rate Dr. Darren A. Winkler

Dr. Darren A. Winkler's Ratings

Dr Winkler is treating me for an Neuroma on my right foot with Radiofrequency Ablation. It is so refreshing to meet an enthusiastic doctor with such experience and confidence. He clearly shows high standards, compassion and gentleness in his work. It puts me at ease and takes the worry away. He gives you 100 percent and never rushes you out the door. I am very happy making the choice of choosing his practice. I live two and a half hours away and it’s well worth the drive. His staff at Watertown is so accommodating with scheduling. I never waited more than 5 minutes. They are wonderful, especially Jeanne. I chose to try this procedure and hope it works. At least I know I have the most experienced doctor giving his all for me! McHugh Podiatry is the plaqce to go in CT.

Submitted April 13, 2014 | flag

Dr Winkler performed a bunionectomy on my left foot in August 2006. After three years, the metal post that held my toe in place broke and my foot is completely deformed with additional problems. Now, 7 years later i need to address this problem, and discovered that dr winkler was no longer in NY, and the practice had been taken over but discovered all of my records are gone. I would not recommend this DR!

Submitted Sept. 13, 2013 | flag

Was treated by this doctor for nueromas I both feet -- he did multiple injections and we finally decided surgery was the only other option. He took large nerves out of my feet- however since he went thru the bottom of my foot, he created massive scar tissue that actually caused more pain and stress fractures. After several visits back to see him, he said me,"we'll, I don't know what you are going to do...go see a neurologist"....?!? He gave up on treatment after screwing up my feet. I saw 3 other docs in ct who wouldn't touch my feet...finally found a wonderful doctor in ny ( 2 hours away) who did 2 more surgeries to fix my feet. I would not recommend dr winkler to anyone! He smiles at you and is friendly but he caused me a lot of unnecessary pain and aggravation.

Submitted July 18, 2013 | flag

First the Good. Dr Winkler is personable and professional I like his style and treatment options. He had my best interest at heart a healer. The staff at Dr Winklers Torrington office could not care any less about your medical condition, or insuring appoints are in a timely fashion. A 30 minute wait when on time is not acceptable. They are inflexible and do not care about you as a patient. They should be working anywhere but in the medical field.

Submitted June 28, 2013 | flag

Very caring individual. Always has a smile on his face and you can tell his staff likes working with him. Recommended him to anyone that mentioned needing a good podiatrist! Glad he is in Torrington.

Submitted June 5, 2013 | flag

Love Dr. Winkler!! He is the best podiatrist I have been to in a long time. Friendly, good natured, patient with everyone and knows all about the newest of surgeries etc. So glad he has come to Torrington.

Submitted April 1, 2013 | flag

Dr. Winkler is the best thing that ever happened to me! Having ankle and foot difficulties for 38 years, I can honestly say he is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. He is extremely knowledgeable and competent. I appreciate his conservative approach and his ability to explain things using terminology I can understand. If that isn't enough, he spends a great deal of time with me, making sure all my questions are answered. He is extremely compassionate and has a great sense of humor. I highly recommend Dr. Winkler and his wonderful staff!

Submitted March 29, 2013 | flag

made the day of my toe surgery very comfortable and knowledgeable. held up his promise on insuring i would not feel any bit of the surgery, which made it a great experience.

Submitted March 7, 2012 | flag

I have used Dr. Winkler for my daughter and myself. I have used him for broken toes and orthodics for my 2yr old . He has gone above and beyond making sure I knew what was going on before I left his office. I would definitely recommend him. As for the comment I read above, being in the wellness field you are not allowed by contract to let your patients know you are leaving the practice. Its horrible not only for the patients but for the doctor too. Believe I've had to do the same. Hope this helps patients who are in need of a GOOD podiatrist.

Submitted May 27, 2011 | flag

I was very happy with the surgery (bunion) performed by this Dr. but am appalled that he has moved without contacting former patients. I would be leery if you are looking for someone you can count on long term.

Submitted July 28, 2009 | flag