Rate Dr. Robin E. Leder

Dr. Robin E. Leder's Ratings

I can't comment on the doctor's knowledge or the effectiveness of her treatment because after one visit, I am not going back. First, the doctor was 40 minutes late. When I finally sat down with her, she was unhappy with the way her staff had set up my chart. After complaining about them and the fact that they were new, she then asked if she could take 5 minutes (during my appointment) to train them. I thought all of this was unprofessional but out of courtesy, I agreed to let her speak to her staff. After an intake and a physical, the doctor said that since there were other people in the waiting room and she was running late, would I mind scheduling a 15 minute phone call to finish up. She had not outlined any next steps, bloodwork ,etc. But since I was late for another appointment (because of her tardiness) I agreed, thinking there would be no charge to tell me what bloodwork she recommended and lay out the next steps. Fifteen minutes after the scheduled time of my call, the receptionist called and informed me that the call would be charged at $125 because the doctor had seen me for the allotted 50 minutes when I first came in. I think it's absolutely outrageous for a doctor to manage her time badly, send a patient off with no game plan or recommendations and then try to charge the patient to tell them what bloodwork she recommends. What kind of doctor, holistic or otherwise, let's you leave without recommended next steps and then wants to charge you more been to obtain that recommendation? Crazy. This doctor is clearly all about money. Needless to say, I refused to pay and will find a more professional practitioner elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2554820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

I never went back after 2 visits because I lost complete faith and trust in Dr.Leder.If I could give neg stars I would.Her staff is horrible because they dont return calls or simply do their job.It would be kind to say her practice is outdated.The exam room is especially spooky.There is no AC running or windows open- very stale air.Worst part of my experience was nothing went smooth.I am currently in the process of suing DrLeder for my money back because after speaking with her on the phone her conclusion was that once I figured out she was lying to me about my original DMPS chelation email in her office- I should have walked out right there.She said that if I had done that she wouldnt have charged me for that day.I have never in my life had such a horrible experience at a doctors office.I have several emails from DrLeder continually apologizing about so many things that went wrong and how she was in the process of hiring new staff.Bottom line is dont waste your time, money, or energy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2361739].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Dr. Leder collaborates with her patients to help them understand their health, how to maintain it and provides alternative treatments to multiple conditions that focus on healing; not mere symptom reduction. Every one of her recommendations has been helpful - after multiple years of seeing multiple specialists etc., Dr. Leder is the only doctor who was able to correctly diagnose, address and actually guide me to a point where I now function like I never thought I could. Please consider her for a consultation; I've been so grateful for her care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2361738].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

I was ready for a different kind of doctor and a different kind of medicine, having bee through the mill with doctors and specialists, none of whom offered me solutions to my problem. I understood up front that the evaluation would be more extensive than I was used to. By the end of the first visit (an very detailed history), I knew that I had found someone to listen to my story and who would put together all the pieces and try to solve the puzzle. Over the next few visits, we began a plan, and almost immediately, I started to fee better that I had in several years, and the best part was, it was all done without serious medications that I really wanted to avoid so much.I am now on a longer term plan, and I have maintained all of the improvements that I had achieved. I have changed my lifestyle, my diet, and am doing things I had all but given up on. I am sleeping, what a miracle, and my energy is back to my levels years ago. All in all, a great doctor, with my money well spent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][460722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2013

I had high hopes for seeing Dr. Leder after researching her and reading reviews. She spent a lot of time with me, on the phone, answering my quesitons about her practice even before I was a patient. I was told that within 4-5 visits I would be on a road to a health plan, aimed toward treating my ailments. This did not happen. I took test after test. Each time I went in to her office, for a 50 minute visit, at close to $400, she would just read off my results in an unorganized fashion, mumble to herself, and send me home with more expensive tests. I've spent a few thousand dollars and am, in no way, on the road to recovery. I am looking for a new doctor, but first, have to save up money to see one, because seeing her, and getting ZERO health plans put into play, has depleted my bank account drastically.I am completely dissatisfied with Dr. Leder's practice and would never recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][460721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2013

Dreadfully late with appointments. Bring a book. Bring all the vitamins you are taking and medications if you are taking any. Good work up done and good advice received.I didn't go for rhumatology. I saw her for generally not feeling well and didn't want a Dr who only relied on medication for every problem. She fulfilled that need.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][460720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2011

If you enjoy spending 30 minutes to an hour, despite having a scheduled appointment, in a seriously out-dated waiting room, while an extremely uncomfortable girl behind the desk apologizes profusely for Dr. Leder's tardiness, then you will love this office! Do not expect to get help right away, as your first visit is only a ($400) 50 min chat during which Dr. Leder talks more about herself than your concerns. The second visit ($200) is physical and generic array of tests ($100-$300 each)that covers everything from heart disease to parasites? Another plus, this office does not accept insurance so you'll be paying for all of this up front and out of pocket. One more thing, Dr. Leder requires that you pay for an additional appointment ($200) to go over your results and/or lab work. Do yourself a favor and look for a doctor who actually appreciates your time and money. If you are a glutton for punishment be ready to pay $1500-$2000 before getting any advice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][460719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2010

The staff was pleasant, efficient, helpful but most importantly personable and fun! I am rather nervous in medical settings but the doctor and her staff were very understanding and great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][460718].votes_count ]]