Rate Dr. Victor Lun

Dr. Victor Lun's Ratings

Dr. Lun was very kind and knowledgeable! We took our 15 year old daughter to see him for a knee injury. He was on time and did a much more thorough exam than she had previously had. He was wonderful and took the time to explain her injury to her using displays so that she also could clearly understand. He was understanding of her commitments to sports activities and positioned her recovery period with her current well being and long term wellness in mind. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Lun!

Submitted March 4, 2013 | flag

Not only was Dr. Lun on time (a rarity for specialists in this city), but he had great bedside manner, explained his findings in a way any person off the street could understand, and he managed to diagnose my ankle condition (something 4 other doctors, 3 physiotherapists, and an occupational therapist were unable to do). While we haven't yet found a treatment that works to manage my pain, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Lun to anyone with an ankle injury.

Submitted May 15, 2012 | flag

After reading the reviews of this doctor I was more than curious to see what my response to him would be. I was seen a few minutes before my actual appointment time, spent an hour with him and the doc assisting him and thought I had an excellent evaluation of my issues. I found both docs to be attentive, efficient, very knowledgeable and a delight to deal with and will look forward to dealing with them both when I return for followup in two weeks. Don't believe everything you read in reviews...you ar your own best judge and most often, your own attitude determines the outcome of your experience.

Submitted March 24, 2012 | flag

Was refered to him by my family doc for hip problems. He took xrays which clearly showed the problem, my hip degraded from a normal hip in 11 month to extremely bad. He made arrangements for a consult with a surgeon which had a waiting time of over a year for a resurfacing which in the end, was not required at all, and a total hip replacement was. To much wasted time with him. If my wife hadn't pushed me, I would still be waiting for an apointment. On my first consult with the surgeon, he booked me for surgery in 3 weeks.

Submitted Jan. 20, 2012 | flag

I found that Dr. Lun had an elitist and superior attitude. He was very articulate and knowledgeable in his area. While he knew how to use plain language to explain things, he seemed to pay lip service to the notion of involving patients in their care plan. While he asked "Does that sound like a reasonable plan?" he really wasn't open to further discussion. My family physician disagreed with his care plan, and while he didn't say it out loud, his attitude was "Well, I'm the knee specialist, so only what I say about knees counts." I think if you're a high performance athlete who doesn't challenge his authority, you'd be fine, as he is clearly very experienced and an expert in the field. But I wouldn't recommend him for an "everyday" athlete, or anyone whose physician might have different ideas on how to approach your situation.

Submitted April 5, 2011 | flag

Dr Lun has been working on both knees one with cronic swelling and the other with cartlidge dmg he seems quite knowledgeable and very organized. Great Guy would recommend him highly.

Submitted March 25, 2011 | flag

Although Dr. Lun was 20 mins late he was polite and explained the procedure easily enough so I could understand and genuinely seemed present.

Submitted July 5, 2010 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Lun by my GP for a partially torn ACL. I got in to see Dr. Lun quite quickly, and he determined that my GP was correct, my ACL did tear. He ordered a MRI (within 4 week!) and it confirmed what he suspected. We went through the options available, and he explained the pros and cons of each. He recommended a couple of options, based on my lifestyle and possibility of future injury, and we settled on a course of treatment. About 8 months later, I had another injury where I thought I further damaged my knee, and his office did not need a referral and made an appointment for me. He had me do some tests (including ultrasound) and determined that no, the ACL is still the same, but I had some other underlying issues that is flaring up (probably due to age) and my injury only aggravated it. All in all, my experiences are excellent. A very thorough doctor with expertise, takes his time to explain the issues, gives options, and makes a recommendation. No parking though.

Submitted May 13, 2010 | flag

Actually saw Dr. Lun twice. The first time the appointment was rushed and did not take the time to listen to my concerns or discuss a plan. Called to request another doctor, but Dr. Lun was apologetic so I gave him a second chance. More time was alloted, but he wasted time trying to interpret an MRI and should have spent time working on a clear plan of treatment and follow up. Very disapointed. Nice person, but needs a lot of work to be someone that I would recommend.

Submitted May 4, 2010 | flag

Wow! Cold, uninterested, spent at most 6 minutes with me, most of the time was spent dismissing my pain and inability to walk, sleep and sit. When my family Dr. sent out a referral to him it was only because he (unlike every other specialist) did not have a waiting list. I now know why. If you are in pain and need to be sent to see a specialist, wait that extra time to see anyone else but this man. He is definitely a black mark on the medical profession. YIKES!

Submitted Feb. 12, 2010 | flag