Rate Dr. G Schep

Dr. G Schep's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Schep for over 15 years now and I have not one single complaint. Before my referral to him I had seen my wait plummet from a healthy 190lbs to 128lbs. Three years of being brushed off ended the day I met him. I was put on the right medications and followup has been great. I rated him a 4 for punctuality but I know first hand how busy he is. I have never felt rushed and he always answers all my questions. I truly believe there are other good Gastros out there, but I would not for one second, consider switching to any of them over Dr. Schep. He is my doctor, my advocate and my friend in my battle with Crohns.

Submitted June 3, 2014 | flag

When speaking to the doctor he does not make eye contact. His office is very messy their papers on the shelf behind him sliding off the shelf and very messy. His receptionist is rude the information for the colonoscopy and gastroscopy are very confusing and she was not helpful at all. A week later after I spoke with the GP with the results, I called the office and the receptionist told me no follow-up required unless the GP says so. A week later the reception is called me and told me I need to follow up with another colonoscopy

Submitted Feb. 7, 2014 | flag

This is the most polite and kind doctor I have ever met. He takes the time to visit his patients way after they have been handed off and still visits them and keeps the updated. This doctor goes above and beyond keeping patient spirits high regardless if he is their doctor. Like I said I have never met a doctor that had such a good bedside manner and really shows he cares about his patients. He puts your mind at rest and tells you everything in plain English. If I were to recommend anyone this would be him. He is just a all around nice person that cares.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2014 | flag

He was great in the hospital but at my in-office follow-up he basically just grunted at me. I have found another doctor.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2013 | flag

Dr Schep has been my GI for some time. He is always very helpful, kind, and always has as much time for you as you need. If you are fortunate enough to have been referred to him take full advantage and let him assist you in your quest for better health.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2013 | flag

Submitted June 24, 2013 | flag

I went to him about 10 years ago. I was having GI upset, previously diagnosed with Celiac dz.He said he supposes it's IBS. There wasn't any clarification given as to why he thought this when I asked. He did say that the physical symptoms I was describing weren't the same as Celiac symptoms;that he is VERY familiar with IBS, and knows what it's symptoms are, the same as the one's I was describing. The thing I thought was yes, however, there are other symptoms described that aren't related to that of IBS, but he didn't acknowledge the other symptoms, just the ones that matched the IBS criteria. Still concerned, I asked for a scope. He had no interest in looking into it further at that point although I clearly was not satisfied, that didn't seem to sway him; he made it clear that he was confident about the IBS. He told me to come back if things persisted, to eat healthy, exercise, and keep stress reduced -all thingsI was doing well with which we'd already discussed. He wasn't very helpful

Submitted March 12, 2013 | flag

Very competent and caring doctor, very knowledgable. Would recommend to everyone.

Submitted March 7, 2013 | flag

I was in Dr Schep and his nurse Karen's care of Hep C and have nothing but great things to say about both of them. They were always helpful, easy to talk to and a pleasure to be with.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2012 | flag

I went for my very first colonoscopy. From the time of booking Dr. Schep's office staff were great. My experience was nothing but good. Dr. Schepp has a great bed side manner, was very pleasant and explained what he was going to do. I don't remember a thing after that. It was a good first experience. I won't be nervous for the next one.

Submitted May 29, 2012 | flag