Dr. Scott D. Smith

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 15/08/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Scott D. Smith has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5361598

18/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4  Respond
RID: 2652273
19/05/13 4 5 5 5 Wow, what a professional! The doctor has been nothing but exceptional since the first appointment. Dr. Scott has a great way of discussing the problem, giving all options, and actually looking you in the eyes and listening to you! He also has a personality and is accessible unlike some of the other docs I've been to. He has taken amazing care of me start to finish and the fact that he's in an orthopedic group really make me confident in him as a podiatrist
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2650155
16/05/13 5 5 5 5 I have a foot condition that was explained to me in detail, I was given all my options and I felt very safe and comfortable with Dr. Scott Smith. He kept me entertained and made my nervousness go away while providing great care.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2422176

11/09/12 3 1 2 3 Avg wait to be seen, 1hr15min. Surgery successful, after care the worst. Would not recmmend, only hears what he wants to hear. A bit of a bully, perhaps not so much with men, don't know. Will not be going back. Switched doctors. This is a first in my 70 years of being a patient. It is one thing to have a poorly run office, a whole other thing to be............Perhaps just a serious clash of personalities. In all fairness the problem with my ankle appears to have been fixed, but surgery only 5 weeks ago. Perhaps when it has healed.... Time will tell. There are many other podiatrists to choose from.
Insurance: Medicare
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Scott" to "Scott D."
RID: 1313341
13/12/10 1 2 1 1 I went to Dr.Smith for what I thought was a extremly painful wart on my baby toe. It turned out to be a hammer toe, and Dr.Smith then gave me my options. He told me that due to the toes rubbing together, the "wart" was actually a small callous. He also told me that there was a good chance that from that tiny callous, I could develop a blood infection, which would kill me in a few days if left untreated. He then recommended that I have him perform surgery on my toe by breaking & resetting it straight. The total cost, being a cash patient, would run me $5000.00 & I'd be on crutches for at 2 months. Well thank God I decided to get a second opinion. The other Dr. couldn't believe that Dr.Smith had not told me the first standard treatment for a hammer toe, wrapping the toe with medical tape daily. The bone in the pinky toe being so small, can be trained to go back straight just by taping it straight!! The second opinion treatment worked like a charm! Dr.Smith was out for money--period!
Paid (or co-pay): $150
RID: 822467
09/03/09 1 1 1 1 He does not explain anything! Does not spend anytime listening to you! I still have to find another Doctor because MY FOOT STILL HURTS!!!!! The staff is nice, but they have no idea what is going on. If you don't remind them that you owe them money they won't tell you, and your bill will get higher, and higher for months without ant notice.
Insurance: Anthem