Rate Dr. Cher Y. Chang

Dr. Cher Y. Chang's Ratings

Dr. Cher Chang and her entire staff at the Las Vegas Affordable Dentures location have been absolutely wonderful this past year.
Dec. 2013 I went to Dr. Chang's office for a consultation. I needed to have 27 teeth (twenty seven) extracted and have dentures made. I had no prior knowledge of dentures but both Dr. Chang and her staff answered all of my questions and really put all of my fears at ease.

During the initial consultation, Dr. Chang and her associates discussed a variety of 'new denture wearer' packages that they had available. Based on the information that they provided me during my consultation, as well as additional information that I had researched on my own, I decided to go with their 'Ultra' package. I am extremely happy with my decision. My overall expense was considerably LESS expensive compared to estimates I had received from other dentists around the Las Vegas/Henderson area. I saved well over $5000 going to Affordable Dentures for both the extractions and dentures and the best part is that for the ENTIRE year following the extractions, I didn't have to worry about any additional out of pocket expenses as their packages are all inclusive (follow-ups, immediate/permanent dentures, relines, adjustments etc)

The morning of Dec. 17th, 2013, I had an 8am appointment. They took impressions of my mouth and once again, examined my teeth prior to extraction. I went back to their office at 2pm at which time they prepared me for the extractions as well as monitor my blood pressure. (I have stage II hypertension) They pulled all 27 teeth that same afternoon, and fitted me with my new 'immediate' dentures before leaving the office. Prior to leaving the office that day, they fully explained to me what kinds of things to expect over the next week or so. (bleeding, swelling, pain etc)
I was very surprised as I was not in any significant pain following directly the procedure or the next morning...just a little sore, and didn't require any type of pain medication other than tylenol. I went back to their office for a follow-up that very next day where they examined my mouth and gums and did a small adjustment on the actual dentures.
About a week later I went in for a routine adjustment on my new immediate dentures and over the course of this past year I scheduled several appointments to have my immediate dentures adjusted and/or relined as my gums continued to shrink.

Fast Forward, Dec. 18th 2014...one year later.
I scheduled my last adjustment on my immediate dentures the week prior, and on Dec. 18th, I went for my 'final'. Dr. Chang took new impressions of my mouth and using both my immediate dentures and the new impressions created my NEW permanent dentures.
They are BEAUTIFUL. I could not be any happier with the look of my new smile. My 'ultra' dentures look very natural and are much 'lighter' than the immediate dentures. The material used to create the ultra dentures is much more durable and the teeth and gum line have more definition to them making them look like real teeth.
They actually fit BETTER than the immediate dentures ever did. I am able to wear both the uppers and lowers with no problems and to my surprise, I didn't need an adjustment. They fit like a glove...I do use a little Polygrip on the lowers just to keep them in place when I'm eating, but really don't require any type of adhesive to keep them in place at any other times.

For anyone who may be reading this...who has never experienced what it is like to wear dentures for the first time.....there are a few things to keep in mind.
Going from having your own, full set of teeth, to dentures is not an easy process by any means, especially emotionally. Those first few months, it IS difficult to come to terms that you are now having to wear dentures. The shape of your face also changes and this too..is something you have to come to terms with.
The UPPERS are and will always be easier to wear than the lowers. It takes a lot of practice and finding the right adhesive (if not getting implants) to keep those lowers in, especially when eating.
Your speech is also affected...
Believe me when I say this though...it gets better.
Dr. Chang and her entire staff really go out of their way to ensure that your new dentures not only fit well, but that you are happy with your new smile.
I am THRILLED with my new smile..
Thank you to everyone at Affordable Dentures for taking care of me this past year,
Lisa B

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2665817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

I have nothing but the best to say about Dr. Chang. My wife had mini implants and new set of dentures done last summer, and after she told me that Dr. Chang was the best dentist she ever dealt with, I did not even consider anyone else.
I just had the same procedure done, and I must say that I share the same feelings as my wife.
We highly recommend Dr. Chang and her staff, and we both thank them for the job well done!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2552751].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

In Las Vegas, NV, you can make no better choice for your denture work than Affordable Dentures, under the care of the amazing Dr. Cher Y. Chang, DMD, and her capable and friendly staff. My wife and I know this for a fact, because Dr. Chang absolutely "saved the day" for us!

My wife has always had a wonderful, beautiful smile that delights all who know her. When she decided that it was time to have dentures made, she went to one of the largest and best-known dental clinics in Las Vegas. Without reporting too many agonizing details, that clinic made a mess of her denture work and left her a few days away from a very important international journey without a smile and with nothing but discomfort and inconvenience. After reading many positive reviews about Dr. Chang, we decided to go to Affordable Dentures to see if anything could be done to save the situation. Frankly, Affordable Dentures was our last hope.

When we arrived at the office, we were met by a friendly receptionist who immediately called someone over to listen to my wife's needs and discuss possibilities. After only a few minutes, a woman came hurrying out from the back hallway and started asking questions. It was Dr. Chang, who had overheard my wife's concerns, and who immediately took her completely under wing. She promptly led my wife away to an examining room. She then assured us that she could help and asked us to come back a bit later to work out the details. When we came back, we learned that Dr. Chang and the other dentists who work with her had been discussing my wife's case, while at lunch. They all took an interest in finding ways to correct the serious mistakes that had been made by the other clinic. They were all sympathetic and positive that Affordable Dentures could restore my wife's smile in time for our trip.

Less than 48 hours later, Dr. Chang presented my wife with a perfect set of dentures that not only made her look completely and naturally herself but that fit unexpectedly well.

As I write, it is months later. My wife's perfect smile has been admired by many, many people in several countries. She has had no trouble whatsoever with the fit. We are absolutely amazed that Dr. Chang was able to transform a near disaster into a big win for us in such a short time. She is beyond just professional. She has demonstrated a passion for customer care that surpasses all expectations. She, and her clinic, have our highest recommendation.

Bottom line: If you need denture work, just go there! You won't just get dentures; you'll get a beautiful smile!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2506398].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

I am disgusted my mouth is infected I want my money back they refuse . I need a real dentist who does implants she hurt me . I cant stand the receptionist she is so rude ignorant and should be fired. I want my money back now. they ripped me off. I am sick cant eat drink talk my mouth is on fire.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2361854].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 16, 2014

My father-in-law is 73 yrs old, blind, and most cantankerous. We tried to take him to several other places, and the old bait-and-switch technique seemed to be the Golden Rule. We went in and were seen promptly. The staff was curtious, very eager to help, and professional. We are not local, and were quite impressed with the fact that his dentures were molded and produced by the end of the day. They also were completely true to their advertising, in that we paid $425 for Economy Dentures and $30 for the consultation. He no longer has any teeth, so xrays were not necessary. Not only to we highly recommend this office, but will tell everyone we know.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2361853].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

I hate that I needed dentures so young but Dr Chang is warm, funny, and is actually concerned about making you feel confident.After many dentist told me to get dental implants she was straightforward and told me no get your gums healthy.Needless to say I had all my teeth pulled and I have the best smile. I know this is a life long process because I am young but because of Dr. Chang I have a new outlook on life. I had to leave a review because Dr. Chang and the staff are noble and get the job done. god bless affordable dentures.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][462750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

Made about three trips to Affordable Dentures. Dr Chang is superb person with skills to match. She extracted two or three of my "roots" that were left over from my teeth rotting away; and one decomposed tooth. I did not experience any pain what so ever. I still have ONE upper "Fang" left for her to extract one of these days... My upper and lower dentures were made the same day. They fit and look good. Dr Chang is thhe best dentist I have ever been to in my 65 years!!! Her personality is out of this world...She's Fantastic... Dr Chang, If you happen to read this,,, my name is Tom!!! Will see you within the next couple of years and let you extract my "upper Fang"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][462749].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

My rating is the result of approximately 3 years of interaction with Dr. Chang and her staff. During this period of time I underwent extractions, implants and denture placement. Although my evaluation is subjective, it is based on a substantial history of dental services. Without hesitation or reservation I strongly recommend Dr. Chang. Specific areas that are important to me in my recommendation are: professional skills and abilities, knowledge, sensitivity to patient concerns, and simply engaging and comfortable to be around. Dr. Chang's current staff are also deserving of accolades for their professionalism, knowledge and support. I particularly appreciate the help Tammie has provided me since my first day in the office. As a Post Script, Dr. Chang is on this site's top ten list, and deservedly so. CPC

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][462748].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

Dr. Chang and her staff are professional, careing, and friendly. Ihighly recommend this office. I was not looking forward to getting denures, and really not looking forward to the extractions I needed. However, Dr. Chang made this experence far excede my expectations. The front office staff was vere knowledgable, and got me all the paper work I needed to file my insurance claim. The dental assistant was very claming, and she kept me informed of the procedures.She is very professional. Dr. Chang is a credit to her profession. She has the best chair side manner I have ever experenced. Frendly, relaxing, funny and above all professional. No one likes going to the dentist, but if you have to go, this is the office in Las Vegas that I recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][462747].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2013

I had extractions for upper and lower dentures. This clinic is professional, caring, competent, and affordable. I traveled 117 mi each way to have Dr. Chang do my procedure. There was NO pain, and Dr. Chang explained as she went along. Every dentist should her skill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][462746].votes_count ]]