Rate Dr. Robert R. Peabody

Dr. Robert R. Peabody's Ratings

Each visit I waited a very long time to be seen. Asked specifically to be seen by Dr. Peabody Jr. Then was seen by Dr. Peabody Sr again. Senior informed me that my sight issues were just old age and get used to it. Prescription was wrong after having it checked by another doctor. Wrote a letter to complain to Jr and never received any reply by phone or mail. I have moved to another doctor.

Submitted Nov. 14, 2013 | flag

I have a long term condition that had developed into a situation where my cornea was falling apart. This is an extremely painful thing, and not something you can reverse through medication. He absolutely no compassion for the way that this felt, and he didn't refer me to a cornea specialist at all. What he recommended was that a 'band-aid' contact lens be put in place. He stated that he has a patient who had this contact lens in for years and it helped. The lens did not help, and eventually, the contact lens got stuck to my eyeball on a Saturday and I ended up seeing a cornea specialist quite by chance. She had me in surgery and receiving a cornea transplant in under three weeks. That's the only real way to deal with the issue I was having, and if he didn't know that, he should have sent me to the specialist right away, rather than trying some kind of jury-rigged crackpot medicine for TWO MONTHS and leaving me in pain. Needless to say, I won't be going back to him.

Submitted May 4, 2009 | flag

Dr. Peabody is really nice, very friendly, and knows what he's doing. I've been his patient since I was in 5th grade (now I'm a sophomore in college). Highly recommended!

Submitted March 9, 2009 | flag

He was extremely disrespectful and patronizing, and completely ignored me when I told him my eyes had been hurting recently. He let another random client stay and made me leave to sit in a dark, empty, extra waiting room while he checked my spouse's eyes (there were three empty seats in the room they were in) and then failed to get me when they were finished. The office then lost all of my information along with my contact lenses; after calling and visiting multiple times, they finally found my lenses and claimed they would re-enter my information in the computer system. When I had new glasses made, it turned out that the prescription was completely wrong (and different from the contacts they made for me) and I had to go back to get a new prescription and wait to get them remade. A few months later, I called for information to give to my insurance company; they had no idea who I was and had no record of me anywhere in their system. I will definitely not return to this office.

Submitted March 21, 2007 | flag