Rate Dr. Richard Ospina

Dr. Richard Ospina's Ratings

I just met with Dr. Ospina for the first time and was very happy with the interaction. I've been to eight doctors in the last six months trying to figure out what is wrong with me and he is the first one who seems truly interested in helping me figure it out. I like the way this practice has doctors come out to bring patients in and has them sit in their offices first to discuss concerns. Unlike many other practices, it seems to be much more respectful of the patient. Also, unlike other practices, I didn't feel rushed and I felt like the doctor truly listened to me and respected my concerns. The staff was fine. I did have to wait 15 minutes but I didn't mind if that meant patients received the time they needed with doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2361886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr. Ospina is a very caring doctor. He takes the time to listen to you and explain options. He is also knowledgeable in his area of practice and is willing to take the time to answer your questions without you feeling rushed. He has a warm face, voice and personality. Dr. Ospina also sees my husband and he too has the same feelings although we are being treated for different conditions. His office staff is out of this world - friendly, quick with scheduling and proving any documents. Dr. Ospina will gladly provide a written detail notes(after about a week if requested) of your visit with him and any diagnosis and next steps. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][463131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Ospina for sometime now. I want to add that I totally agree with the positive statments made on this site. He is caring and extremely thorough. He inquires and listens to my overall health concerns. He always takes whatever time is necessary with me to answer any questions I may have. He diagnosed my health issue early on and has helped me maintain my health in spite of the medical condition I face. I would unhesitatingly refer my family members to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][463130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2012

I visited Dr. Ospina for the first time earlier this week re a twitch I've developed. He not only examined me but sat with me to inform me of what might be the culprit for my condition. He was also incredibly personable and spoke to me as an equal. I highly recommend him. I do think his staff could be a bit more friendly and prompt in their service, but perhaps they re overwhelmed or overextended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][463129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2012

Dr. Ospina fit me in last minute in an emergency. He took a LOT of time with me. He listening in detail re. my symptoms and how/when they started, asked clarifying questions, reviewed CT films and discussed them with me, did a thorough neurological exam, and explained what he was going to do next and why and what he thought my diagnosis was. He also didn't hesitate to order a further test he thought necessary and worked with my insurance to get it approved after it had previously been denied. Dr. Ospina was compassionate and appeared to care about me as a person, rather than just rushing another patient through to get to the next one, even though adding me last minute put his schedule behind. He was truly concerned about my pain and told me to call if the med. didn't work, which I had to do at one point and he immediately called in a new prescrip. so I could get started right away. I can't recommend him strongly enough. He is thoughtful, knowledgeable and cares about his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][463128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2011

Dr. Ospina is a very caring and committed doctor.He has even taken calls at home when he is with his family. He is very knowledgeable and will sit and listen to all of your concerns and questions. As far as looking things up, I applaud him. He checks for side effects and interactions. I have had so many doctors prescirbe medicines that they have NO clue what side effects they might cause or if it will react with something else that you are taking. NO doctor could know and remember all that. I would and have recommended him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][463127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2010

Dr. Ospina is the absolute kindest doctor I've ever had! He answers all questions THOROUGHLY, and EVEN lets me email him!! Not only that, he EVEN knows A LOT of things, both in his field and outside of his discipline as well. As for the other post, many doctors look things up! It doesn't mean that they are not knowldedgable!!! Furthermore, I went to Dr. Ospina after a very complicated reaction to a drug that another doctor gave me. He didn't judge me and I'm lucky that I went to such a caring physician at such a vulnerable time in my life, when I was so sick!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][463126].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

This is the first time I have seen a Doctor Checking name and dose in his blackberry and even then getting the dose completely wrong and giving a refill for Prednisone when not necessary. Very uncooperative and inconsiderate to a patient plight. Avoid this blackberry Doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][463125].votes_count ]]